• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Pikma

Banned
I think we just found out who Pikma's master is
oUEQqaL2e0nlK.gif

Pikma

Banned
Is Pikma okay? Does he need an intervention?
GM Creeper, This locker room bullying can't keep on going, I request a trade to whatever community makes the best offer (as long as it's not AnimeGAF, NFLGAF, PopGAF or one of those freaky threads where they role play)

Calamari41

41 > 38
GM Creeper, This locker room bullying can't keep on going, I request a trade to whatever community makes the best offer (as long as it's not AnimeGAF, NFLGAF, PopGAF or one of those freaky threads where they role play)

We're going to trade you to a nice big farm where you can run and play and live forever with the rest of the misbehaving dogs. Now bring me my .22 and let's go. My car is behind the shed.

PillarEN

Come to K-On! GAF. We're the best and our numbers are small. You'll get plenty of ice time and media attention

Yawnier

Banned

I don't think you have a partial no-trade clause.....

You'll get traded to AnimeGAF and you are gonna like it!

NHLGAF needs to learn Rispek. It's okay Pikma you aren't on the trading block

Ah ok, I have to provide a meal receipt to get refunded when I'm back from the trip so no pocketing the $$$ for me :(

It depends really.

So the 'easy' way is to just pay out $55 no matter what just because I (the one doing the claims) don't have to worry about receipts, just pay them the flat amount

If you run a tight ship (like I do), you'd want receipts for everything to save some money. If they can get to the $55 a day and $7 incidentals that's fine. But if they eat like $20 and try to pocket $35, naw man. Those savings can be used for something else.

I've seen people trying to go for as much as they can, skip breakfast, light lunch, nice steak dinner.

And I've seen people just go cheap because it's what they're used to and I see Gatorade as a snack and jack in the box jumbo jacks as a meal. (and I'll talk to them about spending more to eat better). Kind of funny to look at itemized receipts. One guy only ate organic vegan meals.

Chris R

We have a small office and trips aren't all that common so I (since I'm the only person going on trips without a company card) am the only person submitting stuff.

And HR told me that I'm actually the cheapest person to go on trips. I'll use public transit if available and don't mind the food/snacks the conference provides.

Erdrick

I've had some clients of mine attempt to get me to fabricate fake receipts so they can exchange it for money back. I've always flat out refused, but I've even had some try to bribe me to make up fake ones.

Like... No, Dude. You dropping a 5 dollar bill by "accident" in front of me still isn't going to change my mind.

Quick

Banned
I've had some clients of mine attempt to get me to fabricate fake receipts so they can exchange it for money back. I've always flat out refused, but I've even had some try to bribe me to make up fake ones.

Like... No, Dude. You dropping a 5 dollar bill by "accident" in front of me still isn't going to change my mind.

I worked with this shitty person from some time ago, and there's the story that's circulating around my company that he treated this group of people to an expensive dinner. The next day, it just so happens that he had this important event happening, and the group he treated to dinner wasn't doing him any favours. He flat out asked my boss (so I'm told): "Why aren't your people helping me out? I treated them to dinner last night, I thought they'd help me out."

My boss warned me about working with him and his bullshit, so the two occasions that I've had to deal with him, I refused anything he offered.

There was a point that he tried to get his assistant to pull favours from me. She was nice, but I already saw it coming and also put a stop to that.

The longer the list of things you'd prefer shit out of an asshole to becomes, the more apparent it is that this preference does not stem from a dislike of the items in question but rather a desire for that sweet, fresh shit.

I put it to you that you're only learning to embrace shit because you're a new parent and it's a defense mechanism for what you have to deal with.

You need to show us some pics so we can judge your tastes

no but seriously, congrats! Tinder is the fucking gift that keeps on giving, so awesome

Thanks. I was only fucking around with it and wasn't expecting anything whatsoever. She had a simpsons reference for her profile. Blonde, blue eyes, cute, Violent Soho shirt. Was like, why not. Then after a week of chatting, I'm like... waaait, she's way too normal and keen, what's going on?

Quick

Banned
Speaking of women, friend of mine contacted me and wants to meet up to talk. Admittedly, I initiated contact via mail a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to end this shit between us one way or another, since it's been eating at me for some time.

I'm meeting her this weekend. Haven't seen her in months, and I'm not really sure what to expect. The replies she sent me were short and curt, except for her initial text message asking to meet up. Not sure if I should interpret that as being super serious or lowkey anger.

Pikma

Banned
Speaking of women, friend of mine contacted me and wants to meet up to talk. Admittedly, I initiated contact via mail a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to end this shit between us one way or another, since it's been eating at me for some time.

I'm meeting her this weekend. Haven't seen her in months, and I'm not really sure what to expect. The replies she sent me were short and curt, except for her initial text message asking to meet up. Not sure if I should interpret that as being super serious or lowkey anger.
I need to know the whole background, tell me more

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Not knowing the history, I would tell you to go in just assuming it's good. I mean, don't go looking for a hug as a greeting, but be happy to see her, especially if you want to mend things.

Quick

Banned
I need to know the whole background, tell me more

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=213005589&postcount=5658

That post, opposite Dastardly's suggestion, got me thinking about it and wanting to just do something about it.

Not sure if brave or stupid. Could be both, actually. Apologies to Dastardly for not following his suggestion.

Not knowing the history, I would tell you to go in just assuming it's good. I mean, don't go looking for a hug as a greeting, but be happy to see her, especially if you want to mend things.

Yeah, this is my mindset. First step was she texted me at least.

Quick

Banned
Saw this on r/hockey. Not sure if posted: http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/blogs/puck-rakers/2016/08/truth--tidbits-vol.-3.html

The Blue Jackets had Kopitar No. 3 on their overall list of prospects in 2005. They had Brule in the 6-8 range. These lists are built off hundreds of games seen by scouts who travel thousands of miles to watch the prospects play. The list is burnished through hours of discussions and arguments among scouts. It means something. But when it came time for the Blue Jackets to pick, MacLean pulled the chute on drafting Kopitar at No. 6 because it would have been seen as unconventional. “I’m not drafting a kid who pushes rocks up a mountain and jumps over milk crates and calls it training,” he once bellowed. The Blue Jackets took the safe pick and were roundly applauded for keeping the ball in the fairway. But safe is death when it comes to drafting. If they’d faced the heat that day – Kopitar?!?!? – think of how it could have changed the organization.

lol this fucking guy is one of Sportsnet's analysts.

zroid

Banned
Doug MacLean is worse than Glenn Healy TBH

only reason he's more tolerable is because he doesn't do in-game commentary so it's easy to ignore him

RC

Banned
Found the best bar on the strip!
$1 bottles of PBR and a cute waitress.
I know where I'm going to live this week.

Stasis

Man this thread has gone a few places as I've been summer lurking.

Some new devils fan all Habs fans/random other rangers haters fapped over.

Cake/Bask feud was gorgeous. Imagine if Weber wins the Norris this season?!

Ontario/Quebec culture miscomprehended, and from out of province Habs fans to boot. Lol.

This thread always fucking delivers. Can't wait for preseason!

Top Bottom