• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Lol yes, and I feel like it was a smart decision. She didn't want any kind of birth control methods so I got to a point where I just said nope.

Edit: wait no, I didn't mean to imply we had sex three times a day for a year, all I said was that it's what she wanted.

My ex was like that. It turns out it stemmed from immense insecurity because she needed sex to maintain all semblance of self esteem. Mainly due to the fact she used to be obese then got super fit but still had the obese girl persona. FUNNY THAT.

Foggy

Listening to Spotify and getting hit with a flood of memories of playing Bomberman '93 while listening to Nirvana a lot. I have weird associations with games and music. Listened to a lot of Queen while playing Hit the Ice.

Man, why do most GAFfers talk like they're an alien that's just finished reading a book on human emotion.

Present company excluded.

From what I've seen, it's because a large chunk of gaffers are tech industry people that did little else but interact with computers and a very small group of peers through all of school and college, and were likely publicly chastised for it by other students who weren't interested. In response they dug deeper into their hole, and then went to work for a company that features a small department made up of like-minded people. Then they turn around and belittle and make fun of their coworkers for not knowing relatively simple things about the devices that the gaffers have spent their lives fussing over and mastering.

They rarely interact with people outside of their core group of coworkers and friends, and rarely did outside activities growing up that broadened their horizons or forced them to do things out of their comfort zones. Sports? Nope. School functions? Nope. Hanging out in public places? Nope. The list goes on.

I really feel like a lot of people on this site live or have lived very, very secluded lives. Could be wrong but I really doubt it.

what post made you say this? or what thread?

Is it the have you accepted death yet thread?

Just a whole bunch of posts over a whole series of threads.

Like, they go to the trouble of just painstakingly posting literal details of an obvious emotional response to something.

"Ahh, the bad thing has happened. This makes me sad."

*snip*

I really feel like a lot of people on this site live or have lived very, very secluded lives. Could be wrong but I really doubt it.

Nah, that seems pretty spot on. I even include myself in that. If it wasn't for a series of events in high school, I would've kept going down that same path. But now instead of having just bare social skills, I'm an awkward idiot.

It's just opulent diction, breh

Quaff to thee, quite! Such droll drudgery in the mere vernacular of the common man.

imBask

Banned
I don't think it's a GAF problem, it's an internet problem. People have a hard time with the concept that not everything is black or white. You're either Gandhi or Hitler, there's no in-between

Razorskin

----- ------
Nobody in this thread is autistic... except maybe for Stats-Age.

Just kidding, Leafs Nation.

e99XMQ2.gif

I don't think it's a GAF problem, it's an internet problem. People have a hard time with the concept that not everything is black or white. You're either Gandhi or Hitler, there's no in-between

'A Child's Guide to Internet Discussion: If you disagree with me, you're Hitler'

Sadly not limited to online conversations though. It feels like we've created a new take on the Puritanistic public square.

Nobody in this thread is autistic... except maybe for Stats-Age.

Just kidding, Leafs Nation.

Nah I'm just fuckin'witya in a self degradation sort of way. Though my little 11yo bro is autistic, but it got nipped in the bud amazingly early and now it manifests in this behaviour which literally makes him the worlds perfect angel. He NEVER messes up, always polite and well mannered, very clear and open about his emotions and manages them in an amazingly mature way. Like, I dunno what doctors my Dad and his wife took him to, but it's like they reconstructed his brain from Tyler DNA or something.

Calamari41

41 > 38
'A Child's Guide to Internet Discussion: If you disagree with me, you're Hitler'

Sadly not limited to online conversations though. It feels like we've created a new take on the Puritanistic public square.

Its especially funny because the Puritan Code changes almost daily. I still fondly remember that couple of days on GAF when nobody was sure yet whether the word "cunt" was cleared for use, or a signal that the user is The Next Hitler. So tense. Then after the mods gave their "all clear," it became a staple in like half of all posts.

And then you read the comments on news articles and it becomes a little bit more obvious that it's a human issue.

But I digress, I'm referring more to a sort of posting style that is purely within GAF (and Reddit) that is just amazingly robotic and very matter-of-factly about anything that strikes an emotional chord.

Like something nonsensical happens, they be like C3P0 going "Oh my! This series of events is rather unpredictable!". News of something inconsequential and not worth 5 seconds of thought, such as the news headline WENDYS TWITTER HACKED: "Here's hoping the social media team at Wendys can get back on their feet and can get their Twitter account back".

imBask

Banned
And then you read the comments on news articles and it becomes a little bit more obvious that it's a human issue.

But I digress, I'm referring more to a sort of posting style that is purely within GAF (and Reddit) that is just amazingly robotic and very matter-of-factly about anything that strikes an emotional chord.

Like something nonsensical happens, they be like C3P0 going "Oh my! This series of events is rather unpredictable!". News of something inconsequential and not worth 5 seconds of thought, such as the news headline WENDYS TWITTER HACKED: "Here's hoping the social media team at Wendys can get back on their feet and can get their Twitter account back".

but maybe the Wendys Twitter deserved to be hacked, if they got hacked their security must be garbage, they probably use MongoDB and that's for morons

gj wendys, bunch of morons

maybe ModBot isn't the only bot......

Razorskin

----- ------
but maybe the Wendys Twitter deserved to be hacked, if they got hacked their security must be garbage, they probably use MongoDB and that's for morons

gj wendys, bunch of morons

How can you be ok with this? People are going to lose their jobs.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
On my last night shift of working a week at an oil rig. Night shifts suck. It was good to get some work and thankfully I was in a shack and not on the rig itself. Just a one time thing likely, which is ok.
Damn, man, that's pretty serious stuff. Sounds pretty gruelling, but I imagine the money is good?

Foggy

EXCUSE ME? please take a look at this article I found and reconsider everything you've ever said

i'm kidding MongoDB is fine

My entire life is a lie

I love it, it's heaven-sent when trying to build complex financial reports.

Yeah MongoDB lol for scrubs. Use Safari like a man

idk what I am talking about

I downloaded a lot of RAM so I can use Mongo whenever I thread the post modular capacitor. I'm not some scrublord cuck.

Socreges

Banned
Well, yeah, but I have no idea what it is..

So no, I'm always extra careful about that shit, even more so now, I probably worry more than the girls themselves lol
except when I'm too drunk
Yeah, so this reinforces what I led with: they probably want you to be more forward. Especially since you're talking about a girl travelling around Europe (my fucking god I miss those girls) and a girl on Tinder. Two of the most sexually liberated classes of women known to Man.

Top Bottom