• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Pikma

Banned
I went on a date with someone where she asked me about a situation with my ex fairly harmlessly. I mentioned she had an eating disorder when I was trying to explain the part of town that I lived in since we lived right next to the treatment facility she went to. This woman starts breaking down in front of me in the middle of Starbucks and says she struggled with anorexia in the past and that somehow her past always finds a way to find her again. We awkwardly text for a week or two after and that was it.

Thing that sucked the most was that we really had a lot of common uncommon interests. Like more than I've ever had the opportunity to share with someone else before. She said the same.

Basically, sometimes shit happens Pikma. Sometimes it's not even about you.
Thanks a lot man, really appreciate it.

My ex was like that. It turns out it stemmed from immense insecurity because she needed sex to maintain all semblance of self esteem. Mainly due to the fact she used to be obese then got super fit but still had the obese girl persona. FUNNY THAT.
I think It was something similar with her, she's always been skinny and she really hates look like that.
Pikma please make a thread with your story, I really want to see how OT reacts to your story
I will if you come up with a thread title that isn't "So has anyone else stopped having sex with his gf?"

I bought some Batman/Joker-centric comics and stuff, grown-ass adult male here.

The Joker Hardcover – by Brian Azzarello
The Joker: Death of the Family (The New 52)
The Joker: Endgame
Suicide Squad Vol. 2: Basilisk Rising (The New 52)
Batman: Knightfall, Vol. 1 (the one where Bain breaks Batmans back)

And because Legion is coming out soon, I got Illidan.

Marvie_3

Banned
That feeling when your first day of class people are bitching about spending $189.99 on a textbook at the university bookstore and you go online and find it to rent for $13.96.

Scrubs.
I never bought books until I absolutely needed them.....which means I never bought half the books for my classes.

Pikma

Banned
RIP in pieces Pikma

c37c6fc845c045ae993f539bbf17af9a.png

I still think Nichushkin is good and will make you look dumb for doubting him
I wish I'd believe in the possibility of me looking dumb for doubting him but it's not happening, unless someone suddenly teaches him how to fucking skate like a professional player and how to not be afraid of hits, you know, like a professional player.

Creeper you can have him for free, just take him.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Thanks a lot man, really appreciate it.

I think It was something similar with her, she's always been skinny and she really hates look like that.

I will if you come up with a thread title that isn't "So has anyone else stopped having sex with his gf?"

"My girlfriend is a nympho but I don't want to sleep with her, what do I do?"

I bought some Batman/Joker-centric comics and stuff, grown-ass adult male here.

The Joker Hardcover – by Brian Azzarello
The Joker: Death of the Family (The New 52)
The Joker: Endgame
Suicide Squad Vol. 2: Basilisk Rising (The New 52)
Batman: Knightfall, Vol. 1 (the one where Bain breaks Batmans back)

And because Legion is coming out soon, I got Illidan.

Death of the Family is pretty good

Pikma

Banned
Yeah, so this reinforces what I led with: they probably want you to be more forward. Especially since you're talking about a girl travelling around Europe (my fucking god I miss those girls) and a girl on Tinder. Two of the most sexually liberated classes of women known to Man.
Maybe you're onto something here, but the thing is I had sex with this girl the whole weekend, and it was fine, we even talked about repeating it some other weekend, so in her case it was not that...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Maybe you're onto something here, but the thing is I had sex with this girl the whole weekend, and it was fine, we even talked about repeating it some other weekend, so in her case it was not that...

Maybe you're bad in the sack

zroid

Banned
That's our Tanner Glass!

I have no clue what this chart means.

I think what it means is these are the players in the league who are the least involved in play. AKA they don't touch the puck, pass the puck, shoot the puck, etc.

Koolaidmin used to be good :(

"My girlfriend is a nympho but I don't want to sleep with her, what do I do?"

I know it seems like a humblebrag. But it's actually kind of stressful. I actually felt more like a walking dildo from time to time as opposed to her partner. Like, I'm good for just straight up no-talking-let's-go business. But if you're in love with the person then a little *foreplay* or *leading up to it* would be good instead of just *CROTCH GRAB, OI YOU WALKING PENIS, LET'S GO I WANT IT NOW*.

In the end, I retreated further and further away from her and it became a serious problem. Every time I rejected her, because of how anxious or depressed I was from how she'd make me feel, would in turn make her feel awful.

Death of the Family is pretty good

IT IS

I keep buying volumes of Death of the Family before finding out I haven't got all of them, or I've read them out of chronological order. This is the final book I need.

Calamari41

41 > 38
As someone who is autistic, and being serious for a sec, I really appreciate that you don't try and pull that 4chan shit for humor.

I didn't mean to cause offense, because I didn't mean it as a negative. I do apologize for framing it the way I did, but I think that it would be tough to argue that the GAF population doesn't have a larger than normal percentage of the population on the spectrum compared to the overall public. And I've never so much as gone to 4chan before, so if what I said is some kind of mean spirited joke/bit that they use over there, then I again apologize for that, as it wasn't intended to dredge that up or reference it.

I didn't mean to cause offense, because I didn't mean it as a negative. I do apologize for framing it the way I did, but I think that it would be tough to argue that the GAF population doesn't have a larger than normal percentage of the population on the spectrum compared to the overall public. And I've never so much as gone to 4chan before, so if what I said is some kind of mean spirited joke/bit that they use over there, then I again apologize for that, as it wasn't intended to dredge that up or reference it.

Everyone on 4chan calls themselves autistic as a joke.

They are just socially inept to the nth degree

I understand. The problem is when you are the butt of every stupid dumb joke the entire time you have been on the internet, it really makes you start to hate yourself for what you are.

I can't imagine, and I'm sorry for adding to that.

Yeah. Ultimately it may be fun to shit on GAFers for their social ineptitude, but ultimately we are all people behind the post. Words hurt. I treat the sports threads as a sort of refuge where I can simply get away from things and be near a like minded set of people.

imBask

Banned
I understand. The problem is when you are the butt of every stupid dumb joke the entire time you have been on the internet, it really makes you start to hate yourself for what you are.

understandable, but know that we love you, and if someone really wanted to insult you in this thread they'd just say it straight to your face
Caps suck

As someone who is autistic, and being serious for a sec, I really appreciate that you don't try and pull that 4chan shit for humor.

Ain't nothin' funny about autism.

If it's any consolation, and personal bias aside, it didn't come across as being mean spirited or offensive. It was a perception, and it's one I agree with and definitely one I can resonate with due to witnessing first hand just how exactly autism affects people.

Autism isn't necessarily a bad thing. Which is why it's annoying when people use it as an anti-vaxx argument.

I know it's gonna come across as empty, and not something which could be influential to you in any way. But I sincerely hope you don't hate yourself for being autistic. You're a good person.

Now, I mean, if you were autistic and a Trump supporter who loves Gamergate... well. THERE'S a reason to hate yourself.

But for being autistic? Please. I'd sooner prefer you hate yourself for picking a certain pair of shoes, or choosing Mountain Dew over Coke Zero than being autistic.

To the autism point it really sucks when people misuse it, but on this website there are people for sure who are just socially inept and not actually autistic. Socially awkward/inept/etc. doesn't mean that person is automatically autistic though.

But using it as a joke, which 4chan does, to describe their social ineptitude is messed up.

I lack civility and grace on the internet when it comes to calling something as I see it. I lump autism and social ineptness in the same category, and though VASTLY different, it can still come across as me looking down on anyone who is either.

To me, they're both personality traits and part of a being. I'm an awkward, messy ex-meth addict idiot and I have absolutely no ivory tower to sit on. I'm no better than the downtrodden of society and because of that I often approach subjects with the subtlety of a gorilla with a child. They're just observations.

It doesn't come from malice. It comes from me being an awkward idiot.

Social ineptness, if you will.

I lack civility and grace on the internet when it comes to calling something as I see it. I lump autism and social ineptness in the same category, and though VASTLY different, it can still come across as me looking down on anyone who is either.

To me, they're both personality traits and part of a being. I'm an awkward, messy ex-meth addict idiot and I have absolutely no ivory tower to sit on. I'm no better than the downtrodden of society and because of that I often approach subjects with the subtlety of a gorilla with a child. They're just observations.

It doesn't come from malice. It comes from me being an awkward idiot.

Social ineptness, if you will.

:lol

well we love you, you awkward idiot

But that wasn't directed at you per se, it is just in general for this website and the internet in general.

Top Bottom