• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

423338.gif

Hockey?

gandalf-i-have-no-memory.gif

it works

Quick

Banned
Speaking of social ineptitude. I'm pretty sure I was socially inept as a teenager going into my early-20s.

I was fairly plain in high school - I avoided drama and I was just the extra person in my group of friends, or at least the afterthought. I used to hate being the odd man out anytime my friends would hang out without me. But that might've been for the best after I moved away for college.

I tried to be a different person in college, but that morphed into me randomly saying stupid shit and trying to be edgy in my first year. Seemed like I had a lot to compensate for. I dialed it down by the start of the second semester, but probably because I had a good group of friends who were chill with me.

Working retail really helped me out, being forced to talk to people and trying not to piss them off. That probably balanced me out further, along with my current group of friends. On the flip side, now it's like I'm catching up on the drama I've avoided. lol

Foggy

People having a real moment to decompress and you jabronis getting all squirmy.

So fine, Weber sucks, Claude Giroux is a lily-livered sack of trash, Dopey is right, Mitch Marner's career will be ended by Dustin Brown, Norrisssssson is stupid and no one cares, Lundqvist is the king of a bunch of dusty ass mummies and Rick Nash, Sharks are losers, Patrick Kane is the face of the league, and duck gifs suck.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pietrangelo going to be the new Blues captain, seems like a pretty good and obvious choice.

Quick

Banned
I have been playing a lot of Battlefield 4 lately.

Operation Outbreak has to be one of my favorite maps in the entire series.

It's constantly been on/off discount on PSN (along with Hardline), but at this point, I might as well wait for BF1.

I haven't really had much interest in Battlefield in general. Not since Bad Company at least.

I had BF3, didn't really touch it. I'm hoping BF1 is different.

imBask

Banned
People having a real moment to decompress and you jabronis getting all squirmy.

So fine, Weber sucks, Claude Giroux is a lily-livered sack of trash, Dopey is right, Mitch Marner's career will be ended by Dustin Brown, Norrisssssson is stupid and no one cares, Lundqvist is the king of a bunch of dusty ass mummies and Rick Nash, Sharks are losers, Patrick Kane is the face of the league, and duck gifs suck.

Tortorella is still coaching the Blue Jackets

Working retail really helped me out, being forced to talk to people and trying not to piss them off. That probably balanced me out further, along with my current group of friends. On the flip side, now it's like I'm catching up on the drama I've avoided. lol

Everybody should work in customer service at least once in their life. Nothing makes you more socially aware than listening to customers, being patient, exercising a fake smile and trying to please people. By proxy, you then become an ideal customer for other service delivery staff, because you never want to be that customer.

Though the downside is you also end up resenting the general public because of how awful bad customers are.

and duck gifs suck.

sometimes you REALLY fucking go over the line, hey.

LIKE. WOW.

imBask

Banned
Battlefield 1 will be filled with tons of content because it isn't being handcuffed by releasing somewhat close to a major movie.

that's a valid point. Although they did sell a shit ton of copies anyway, so why bother making more when you could sell maps in DLC? that's the EA mentality

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
With Mankind Divided releasing (anyone playing?), I'm finally getting around to playing Human Revolution.

All it tells me is that I SUCK at stealth. I'm just gonna mow everyone down instead.

Quick

Banned
With Mankind Divided releasing (anyone playing?), I'm finally getting around to playing Human Revolution.

All it tells me is that I SUCK at stealth. I'm just gonna mow everyone down instead.

I picked up Human Revolution on PS3 years ago, and I couldn't play it for more than an hour or two.

The gameplay confused the hell out of me, and it gave me a bit of a headache. I want to try Mankind Divided, but I'm worried the same thing will happen. I probably should give Human Revolution another chance though. I got it free on PS+.

Yawnier

Banned

It has been a few years since I played it but some of the bosses in Human Revolution, especially later on in the game.... oh boy.

I'm seriously so glad I didn't get drunk enough to buy Mankind Divided at any point this week. I was so close, so many times.

It's totally not the game for me, at a point where I have zero time for a new game.

HR was awesome. I had it on PC, when I still played games on my PC, and PS3.

I much preferred Keyboard and Mouse, Quick. So if you have a PC that can run it, which is a lot. Get it there.

Yawnier

Banned
I really don't know... EA are real scumbags

This is true, EA are one of those publishers I don't trust at all.

I have BF1 pre-ordered rn from that amazon E3 promo but might end up cancelling it.

That first footage of BF1 at E3 amazed me, but the more I've seen of it the more it just looks like a WW1 skin of BF4 with a few new bells and whistles.

I have BF1 pre-ordered rn from that amazon E3 promo but might end up cancelling it.

That first footage of BF1 at E3 amazed me, but the more I've seen of it the more it just looks like a WW1 skin of BF4 with a few new bells and whistles.

ultimately though considering how good BF4 was, I am alright with this

Cake Boss

Banned

Yes but Battlefield expansion packs and season passes have been some of the best (except Hardline) for the past generation. Also BF always came with enough content. The whole Battlefront one seemed like it was just a rush job to release it with the movie and cater to the casual crowd with its oversimplification of the game play.

Yawnier

Banned
ultimately though considering how good BF4 was, I am alright with this

I don't have a huge problem with that either, BF4 is probably my most played game on PS4 but if that is mostly all it is going to be then I don't feel like I need to own it day one and can wait 6 months to a year to buy it

Yes but Battlefield expansion packs and season passes have been some of the best (except Hardline) for the past generation. Also BF always came with enough content. The whole Battlefront one seemed like it was just a rush job to release it with the movie and cater to the casual crowd with its oversimplification of the game play.

Exactly. I could see through it coming out of the Battlefront beta.

I don't have a huge problem with that either, BF4 is probably my most played game on PS4 but if that is mostly all it is going to be then I don't feel like I need to own it day one and can wait 6 months to a year to buy it

Whatever floats your boat.

The sort of vitriol and anger on gaming side really disturbs me.

Yawnier

Banned

Yeah Dice has done well with the DLC. But it does suck that the online population for a lot of the expansion packs on consoles end up dying over time though because not enough people buy them and stick with them. I can see why they have offered some of the BF4 expansion packs for free on ps4/xb1 over the last few months which is a good thing.

As for Battlefront, I got it bundled with my ps4 and I played about an hour of it. Wasn't a fan of it.

imBask

Banned
I wish I had played more BF4, it's a fun game. it's dumb but having to go through Origin and that STUPID ASS browser based server list turned me off on that game in the end

Razorskin

----- ------
I wish I had played more BF4, it's a fun game. it's dumb but having to go through Origin and that STUPID ASS browser based server list turned me off on that game in the end

Battlefield 1 will have it too, don't really mind it once I got used to it.

Top Bottom