• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

yyzjohn

Banned
image.php

That's a good fucking point, but c'mon you can't have Dopey as being representative of the entire Leafs fan base.

Socreges

Banned
I work at an engineering company and several of the engineers here are autistic, mild or otherwise. One guy is a fucking rockstar and I love travelling with him for work and his autism only makes him more brilliant. He's awkward and isn't outgoing, but if you spend some time with him you can connect and relate to the guy. He also talks about his autism and how his children are autistic, which makes it easier to deal with I think.

Meanwhile... another is an asshole and autistic, which I've found is a deadly combination. Never-ending pedantry and subjected on those who simply don't give a shit.

Pikma

Banned
I'm sorry for all that random shit, though I really needed it to let it all out and I thank you for reading through it and sharing your own opinion.

Idk what I'd do without you NHLGAF

Does anybody listen to electronica here?

There's a nice show being run out of KEXP in Seattle called Expansions that is every Sunday from 9:00 to midnight Pacific.

Exposed me to a lot of great artists.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

There's a nice show being run out of KEXP in Seattle called Expansions that is every Sunday from 9:00 to midnight Pacific.

I don't listen to electronica, but the KEXP youtube channel is awesome for live performances. Seems like it's just a fantastic station altogether.

I don't listen to electronica, but the KEXP youtube channel is awesome for live performances. Seems like it's just a fantastic station altogether.

It is, truly. They have two great live shows back to back on Sunday nights, Street Sounds and Expansions, the electronica one.

Pikma

Banned
Mostly anything electronica, they have three different DJ's that rotate every Sunday. Artists like Terranova, London Elektricity, etc. Mostly underground stuff.
Terranova is quite good, have never heard of London Elektricity tho

Have you tried deep house or french house? That's the shit I enjoy the most

London Elektricity is the showcase act for Hospital Records, understandable since it's run by Tony Coleman, the man who founded it.

It's mostly drum and bass for London Elek, so if you are a fan of Pendulum, I think you will really enjoy him.

I'm sorry for all that random shit, though I really needed it to let it all out and I thank you for reading through it and sharing your own opinion.

Idk what I'd do without you NHLGAF

Sometimes ya just gotta yell into the lovely void of kind and nice people.

#BellLetsTalk

I'm massively on the synthwave/retrowave/outrun bandwagon at the moment.

Fluke or Juno Reactor maybe?

Seen Juno Reactor live twice. Awesome, every time.

Wayne Simmonds: Racism still exists in today's NHL

During a Wednesday morning appearance on Toronto’s Sportsnet 590, the winger was asked to share his perspective on the ‘significantly different’ environment between the two counties in terms of race relations.

“I don’t want to say it’s completely gone – racism in the game – because I believe it’s not,” began Simmonds. “I’ve had situations arise where I’ve had things said to me or done to me, but I think for myself it’s kind of a motivator.

“Growing up in Canada, I think it was a little bit different. Obviously hockey is life in Canada. So you grow up as a young black kid and everyone is playing hockey around you, so it’s easy to get into. It wasn’t that tough. My dad is actually a big fan of hockey. I don’t know why. He never played hockey. But he was the first one to ever get me on skates.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Have you tried deep house or french house? That's the shit I enjoy the most

Terra Nova was great, really gave me a Jurassic Park mixed with postapocalyptic future vibe. Too bad it was cancelled

One of our Aboriginal AFL players just had a banana thrown at him at last Sundays game.

I know we're Australia and everything, and racism is our bread and butter, but such obscene racist gestures happening in sports in 2016 is universal.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Terra Nova was great, really gave me a Jurassic Park mixed with postapocalyptic future vibe. Too bad it was cancelled

That show sucked. Instead of focusing on the cool shit, the show revolved around shitty family drama and love triangles, so like every other network drama.

Line_HTX

Holy crap, y'all went through at least 4 pages of offseason stuff so fast from this morning, lol.

I'd like to think I'm not socially awkward, as I don't become a nervous wreck going outside and I do make somewhat of an effort to talk to people and have a conversation with new people...

>_>

Line_HTX

I lack civility and grace on the internet when it comes to calling something as I see it. I lump autism and social ineptness in the same category, and though VASTLY different, it can still come across as me looking down on anyone who is either.

To me, they're both personality traits and part of a being. I'm an awkward, messy ex-meth addict idiot and I have absolutely no ivory tower to sit on. I'm no better than the downtrodden of society and because of that I often approach subjects with the subtlety of a gorilla with a child. They're just observations.

It doesn't come from malice. It comes from me being an awkward idiot.

Social ineptness, if you will.

Let's listen to metal together, eh? Just let out your awkwardness.

God, fucking roasted duck sounds so tasty right about now.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
if you ever wanted proof of racism in hockey... all you have to do is look at enough nazem kadri stuff.

so much of the negativity in Leafs nation directed towards Kadri is racially driven and it's so bothersome

I truly hate rural Ontario

Quick

Banned
You gotta think racism doesn't go over well nowadays on the ice...

I'd like to think it's few and far between. A lot of players (note that I didn't say "most") seem aware of the world around them. And being under greater scrutiny, say something stupid and it comes down heavy.

I'm sure there's a few "All Lives Matters" idiots within their ranks.

yyzjohn

Banned
if you ever wanted proof of racism in hockey... all you have to do is look at enough nazem kadri stuff.

so much of the negativity in Leafs nation directed towards Kadri is racially driven and it's so bothersome

I truly hate rural Ontario

Not everything has to be related back to the Leafs man.

zroid

Banned
It is frightening how ignorant pro athletes can be. They often grow up in a bubble that regular people can't comprehend.

Top Bottom