• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Socreges

Banned
dgbg.gif
Why do we always fight on his birthday.

I'd like to think it's few and far between. A lot of players (note that I didn't say "most") seem aware of the world around them. And being under greater scrutiny, say something stupid and it comes down heavy.

I'm sure there's a few "All Lives Matters" idiots within their ranks.
Yeah. Personally I was speaking to an assumption that racism is rare enough that you'd think the player 'zeitgeist' shames anyone who uses racial insults. But if guys like Simmonds don't mention it to their teammates then I guess it could remain to an extent under the surface.

Edit - And there might be an expectation that minorities not complain about such insults and just deal with it, which in itself would show an unwillingness to confront it properly. But who knows.

Dopey does make a point in that racism in hockey isn't too hard to find. PK Subban is the popular example, but Naz got some of it too.

----

I feel as I have gotten older, I simply don't care about the stuff that people on Gaming side get angry about. Now people are bitching and moaning about the ARG stuff for Sombra in Overwatch. Come the fuck on.

Pikma

Banned

----

I feel as I have gotten older, I simply don't care about the stuff that people on Gaming side get angry about. Now people are bitching and moaning about the ARG stuff for Sombra in Overwatch. Come the fuck on.
Dude, if you're so tired of all this kind of shit just do what most of us around here do, ignore it. Stop wasting your time and energy going through pointless threads that you know will only bother you.

And boom that's it, problem solved

Quick

Banned
Dude, if you're so tired of all this kind of shit just do what most of us around here do, ignore it. Stop wasting your time and energy going through pointless threads that you know will only bother you.

And boom that's it, problem solved

This really has improved my GAF experience.

I take a peek at the thread, notice that it's gotten really stupid, and just go to another thread hoping for a better experience.

Also, I mostly ignore the Gaming side.

Erdrick

Aside from any threads that are relevant to my interests (Dragon Quest or Yakuza), I pretty much ignore the gaming side other than a quick scan for any news or if I'm on the fence for a new game like No Man's Sky for info or impressions.

Otherwise, I mostly lurk here and post when I feel like it. Everyone here in the NHL thread are good people. It's just... Kind of boring right now, since we have no activity in our favourite sport to spur discussion.

Aside from any threads that are relevant to my interests (Dragon Quest or Yakuza), I pretty much ignore the gaming side other than a quick scan for any news or if I'm on the fence for a new game like No Man's Sky for info or impressions.

Otherwise, I mostly lurk here and post when I feel like it. Everyone here in the NHL thread are good people. It's just... Kind of boring right now, since we have no activity in our favourite sport to spur discussion.

I think we need a stupid trade to get discussion going

Socreges

Banned

Oh I dunno. Today we've diagnosed the severity of racism in today's NHL, tackled mild prejudice against autistic people, and determined why Pikma is having trouble getting laid.

iLLmAtlc

Another year of jay blowmeester. Maybe they didn't want subban because he's a right shot, but they coulda also had Brodie or Jordano! Always stinks to see those guys get left off.

But yeah I always feel a bit silly complaining about team Canada's roster given the depth >_>

Stasis

Speaking of new/old posters, I remember kingwhatever30 being the saltiest Ranger fan. Where'd he go?

I hope RedRum comes back. Otherwise it's just Meta posting a lot and me being occasionally pissy/fiesty during certain games.

We need moar.

Top Bottom