• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Good trade for the Coyotes. There's something to be said for rebuilding with cap space. Something the Canucks won't do unfortunately.

So the Blue Jackets just lost their Torts successor?

Glad that the Avs didn't poach our AHL coach.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers signing Pirri, 1 year $1.1M

The Rangers were interested in him last year, and, of all of the straggler free agents out there, he was the one I was hoping they would make a play for. So good.

Rangers camp is going to genuinely be pretty interesting this year. Lots of spots on the roster up for grabs. The only guys that I would say are total locks right now for the opening night roster (barring injuries) are: Nash, Stepan, Zuccarello, Kreider, Miller, Zibanejad, Hayes, McDonagh, Skjei, Klein, Staal, Lundqvist, and Raanta.

There are also a few guys who are virtual locks, like Buchnevich, Fast, Grabner, Girardi,
and Tanner Glass,
but there's going to be real competition for their spots, and then there are at least 3 or 4 roster spots that. And of course Oscar Lindberg, who is missing the start of the season.

zroid

Banned
At least they still have Clarkson though

Clarkson will lead them to a cup in 2018.

4a46c2db699742de7d8bb34072ed24e1_preview_featured.jpg

Foggy

It's a much bigger blow to Cleveland than it is to Columbus, but it still sucks to see him go. Granted, you win a Calder Cup and you're gonna show up on lists so nobody here is shocked. AVsGAF should like him a lot, at least at first. He has a major focus on speed and forechecking as well as aggression across the board, for better or worse. He definitely didn't put a leash on Werenski and he ran wild throughout the playoffs. Lots of odd man rushes though so be prepared for that(could say more about level of AHL players more than anything though). He's not the most scintillating interview out there but that should be a welcome change of pace.

Quick

Banned
I've only listened to Blonde once, since it's still just on Apple Music. The album is on my iPod, but I only really use it in the evening, and I usually play Spotify on it.

Blonde is definitely no Channel Orange, but I'd say that's a credit to Frank's willingness to experiment. It actually flows really well, but I don't have any notable tracks to mention yet.

Yawnier

Banned
My only exposure to Frank Ocean was on one of those music award shows on TV 3 or 4 years ago and I thought his live performance was brutal, so I haven't bothered to look into any of his music.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
My only exposure to Frank Ocean was on one of those music award shows on TV 3 or 4 years ago and I thought his live performance was brutal, so I haven't bothered to look into any of his music.
I'm pretty sure I remember that, I think he did Forrest Gump and it was pretty terrible. Definitely should still check out his stuff, only has 2 albums and a mixtape, it's all really chill stuff.

Yawnier

Banned
I'm pretty sure I remember that, I think he did Forrest Gump and it was pretty terrible. Definitely should still check out his stuff, only has 2 albums and a mixtape, it's all really chill stuff.

If most of his music is chill and easy to listen to then I would probably like it. I'll check out his music tonight and see if it it down my alley.

Foggy

PPP has begun a series on Why Your Team Sucks. Please be offended.

it commences with... the Leafs

When the Ducks visited Toronto in March, Lamoriello even found a discreet spot in the Air Canada Centre to monitor his morning skate routine.

From what they’d learned through scouting and other background research, the management team didn’t think twice about dealing away two picks to get him. It helped that they had put themselves in excellent position to spend that kind of capital given all of the draft choices they’ve been amassing.

By the way, the Leafs won that game 6-5. Andersen had a .769 SV%, allowing 6 goals on 26 shots. That's some good scoutin', Lou!

LOL AMAZING

Red_Man

If most of his music is chill and easy to listen to then I would probably like it. I'll check out his music tonight and see if it it down my alley.
His first album Channel Orange is more pop and has a lot more songs with hooks, but was noted as AOTY in 2012 by a lot of the MSM. His newest album is a lot more relaxed and mellow, no real radio songs, but it's a really relaxing listen.

imBask

Banned
PPP has begun a series on Why Your Team Sucks. Please be offended.

it commences with... the Leafs

Ohhhhhhhh baby; it's Frederik Andersen time! The Leafs went and traded for a goaltender, then gave him a 5-year extension before even playing a game! I can't think of a way the Leafs doing the whole "trade for a goalie on a California team, then hand him a shiny new contract" could possibly backfire!

;)

Say it with me; this fanbase doesn't deserve success because it doesn't want success!

HOT FIRE

Red_Man

Last week domain names were registered that might be an indicator that the NHL team scheduled to begin play in 2017 could be called the Las Vegas Desert Knights.

Last week the domains lasvegasdesertknights.com, vegasdesertknights.com and desertknightshockey.com were privately registered to Moniker Privacy Services, which happens to be the same company that owns the domain to NHL.com.

Las Vegas Desert Knights doesn't really roll off the tongue......what is this guys obsession with Knights?

Top Bottom