• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

off the top of my head here's the list of restaurant I keep hearing about but don't exist here

Oliver Garden
TGI Fridays
Arby's
Popeyes
Sonic
In-n-out
Denny's
Papa Johns
Applebees
IHOP
Chipotle
Carl's Jr

maybe I should plan a week long road trip to try them all out

You never had a Sodie Pop at Papa Johns?

Papa Johns is alright but it depends on the location

Cake Boss

Banned
03f65cdfc3.jpg

3rounder > Thisdouchenugget.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
off the top of my head here's the list of restaurant I keep hearing about but don't exist here

Oliver Garden
TGI Fridays
Arby's
Popeyes
Sonic
In-n-out
Denny's
Papa Johns
Applebees
IHOP
Chipotle
Carl's Jr

Olive garden, ihop, carls jr, church's chicken is basically only in prairie provinces
Papa johns exists here but not many locations
TGIF is in niagara falls
Arby's, popeyes, denny's, applebees, chipotle are all in toronto, at least. We used to have olive garden here, but I think Mandarin crushed them out of the city. (Mandarin is purely in GTA and Ottawa... but it's going to take over Canada eventually)

Sonic and in-n-out are not in canada

yyzjohn

Banned

Oliver Garden
TGI Fridays
Arby's
Popeyes
Sonic
In-n-out
Denny's
Papa Johns
Applebees
IHOP
Chipotle
Carl's Jr

I also had In-n-out in Vegas, I liked it. You can get a bunless burger, basically they wrap it for you in a big lettuce leaf. I thought it was pretty good.

Curufinwe

I'm playing through Bloodborne a second time after finally buying the Old Hunters DLC and I'm being reminded that it's one of my favourite games of all time.

I love it, but I burned out on the Chalice dungeons and never got the Platinum. I wish I could co-op it with someone who would do the heavy lifting for me on the final bosses.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
oh yeah and I had some East Side Mario's in Niagara, now that was some hot garbage

East side mario's is a canadian chain

Swiss chalet, kelsey's, harvey's, milestones, montana's, east side mario's and st hubert are all same company

Razorskin

----- ------
EASTSIDE MARIOS EASTSIDE MARIOS AY BADABOOM BADABING

I ate there once. One of the worst dining experiences I've had. Shut it down.

Harvey's and st Hubert are OK.

imBask

Banned

Swiss chalet, kelsey's, harvey's, milestones, montana's, east side mario's and st hubert are all same company

Kelsey's is ok, Harvey's too... St-Hubert is good but only in restaurant, they're well known to botch delivery in most of eastern Montreal. The others don't exist here

Stasis

Now THOSE are trash. Fucking Harvey's? Haven't been to one in like 10 years and I think that time was an accident. St-Hubert maintained prices and just basically shrunk their only decent meal to like half-size with new ownership. The chicken filets. I'm not a big dude and I don't eat all that much usually but fuck, it was so noticeable and ridiculous. Like kids meal pieces. Fuck off with that.

I miss American chains so much. Can't even really get a good burger here. At least not in Quebec. Has to be well done. Ugh. Only bistros and fancier type restaurants will offer an option on finer cuts of ground meat basically. Best thing around here is five guys pretty much. I like them, just wish we had some options. Decent Mexican means a trip to the city. No local chains anywhere in suburbs.

Quebec SUCKS when it comes to fast/relatively fast food and medium level chains. Terrible. At least it makes me eat healthy since cooking is always a better option no matter how lazy I am.

/Rant

We do have decent poutine basically everywhere though. I guess there's that. Edit:and pizza, though not NYC and area level I'm used to.

Razorskin

----- ------
Kelsey's is ok, Harvey's too... St-Hubert is good but only in restaurant, they're well known to botch delivery in most of eastern Montreal. The others don't exist here

Haven't really had St. Hubert for a while but there's a ton of good rotisserie chicken on the island.

I miss American chains so much. Can't even really get a good burger here. At least not in Quebec. Has to be well done. Ugh. Only bistros and fancier type restaurants will offer an option on finer cuts of ground meat basically. Best thing around here is five guys pretty much. I like them, just wish we had some options. Decent Mexican means a trip to the city. No local chains anywhere in suburbs.

A&W is decent.

I always get into this discussion with my friends, I think A&W burgers are good but the fries are HORRIBLE, and to me a good fast-food is define by the fries quality. I still think Burger King has a great burger/fries quality ratio

Who the fuck orders fries at A&W? You almost always get the onion rings.

I wish more fast food had arby's style curly fries.

Like I dont ever actually want to eat arby's sandwiches, but I want the fries

Steak n shake has the worst fast food fries

calder

A&W is decent.

Cn0ogCOUkAAFhOs.jpg

GOAT.

East Side Mario's? Hah that place is obviously terrible, an Olive Garden wannabe which is an amazing indictment to be sure. BUT... the one in Winnipeg would server alcohol to 16-17 year olds when we were kids as long as someone had decent-ish fake ID so we went there for every Margarita Monday for years. Good times.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I like their pizzas, but their prices are absolutely through the roof and an absolute gongshow. 25 bucks for a large cheese pizza? Fuck out of here.

What the hell? At that point, I'll just go to my local pretentious artisanal pizza place and get a large Chipotle Shrimp Pizza for two dollars less.

calder

it's okay but I find it really, really overpriced. Ordering a small pizza is like $20... I can get a large for $10 at Dominos

Good food, really tasty pizza, unbelievably overpriced. I've never eaten at BP and not left a little bit hungry because the portions are a bit small but you don't get more because it's noticeably pricey.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Hold up folks,

1. A&W is good, probably my favorite go to burger joint, even before Harvey's.
2. Boston Pizza is decent. Love that Spicy Perogy pizza.
3. Dragon's Den is a fantastic show, but it hurts to watch when people flub through their presentations and blow a potential deal.
4. Schitt's Creek is the best show on CBC. I'm curious about Kim's Convenience though.
5. Corner Gas is one of the best shows to come out of Canada. Disclaimer: I'm not a prairie boy, but I was a farm boy.
6. I haven't been to an East Side Mario's in like 15+ years. I forget they exist. I'm surprised when I get coupons in the mail from them.

Top Bottom