• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Yawnier

Banned
I went to East Side Mario's a few months ago for the first time in years and actually thought it was decent.

Though I also went to one in Toronto years ago and didn't think it was that great, so idk.

Also A&W is probably my favorite burger chain, but it sucks that they raised their prices a few years ago.

Cake Boss

Banned
I bet Colin White is just bulshittin everyone and isn't injured at all. He will not sign his ECL with the snes and will do what the other douchy NCAA prospects have done and choose another team to play for. Most likely the broons.

imBask

Banned
this habs rookie lineup

tumblr_m160ceUPnN1qjysey.gif~c200

Yawnier

Banned
Time to see how our 8th best prospect onwards plus Marner do against everyone's best ;)

I was gonna say, most of the leafs best forward prospects aren't even gonna be at this thing (Matthews, Nylander, Kapanen, Brown, Leipsic).

Guess they don't wanna bother with the ones that have already played a season or more in the AHL.

Razorskin

----- ------
I was gonna say, most of the leafs best forward prospects aren't even gonna be at this thing (Matthews, Nylander, Kapanen, Brown, Leipsic).

Guess they don't wanna bother with the ones that have already played a season or more in the AHL.

The bolded they already know are busts, plus Matthews is at the World Cup.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
off the top of my head here's the list of restaurant I keep hearing about but don't exist here

Oliver Garden
TGI Fridays
Arby's
Popeyes
Sonic
In-n-out
Denny's
Papa Johns
Applebees
IHOP
Chipotle
Carl's Jr

maybe I should plan a week long road trip to try them all out

Wat

IHOP, Dennys, Papa Johns there's tons in Vancouver. We even have Church's...

Quick

Banned
It's really unfortunate that the CBC doesn't come up with quality programming at the same rate as the BBC or something. Probably a budget thing.

Haven't seen an episode of Schitt's Creek, but it's been getting plenty of praise it looks like. It's on Netflix, I'll check it out soon.

zroid

Banned
Wat

IHOP, Dennys, Papa Johns there's tons in Vancouver. We even have Church's...

Papa Johns only exists in Western Canada I think. I actually tried it when I went to Vancouver a couple years ago, it wasn't as bad as I was led to believe.

The only IHOP in the East is in Niagara Falls and it's ridiculously overpriced like everything else at Niagara Falls.

Papa Johns only exists in Western Canada I think. I actually tried it when I went to Vancouver a couple years ago, it wasn't as bad as I was led to believe.

The only IHOP in the East is in Niagara Falls and it's ridiculously overpriced like everything else at Niagara Falls.

There's like 3-4 Papa Johns in New Brunswick.

Papa is in Maritimes. It's not bad. I like it better than Greco and Pizza Delight though

zroid

Banned
There is no Papa John's in ontario?

We even have those now in atlantic canada.

You ever try St-Hubert? There was one of those in my city but they closed down after like 6 months.

Papa is in Maritimes. It's not bad. I like it better than Greco and Pizza Delight though

Interesting, maybe PJs is just staying out of Ontario because Pizza Pizza is so prevalent here. Papa Johns >>>>>> Pizza Pizza in my experience. :X

imBask

Banned

we don't have Pizza Delights but we do have Mikes and there's a running gag in Quebec about how they're still in business because nobody likes it

You ever try St-Hubert? There was one of those in my city but they closed down after like 6 months.

yeah I mentionned it earlier, St-Hubert are everywhere on the island, but you should never order from there. In restaurant it's not that bad

zroid

Banned
Oh yeah didn't Swiss Chalet and St Hubert merge recently? There hasn't been a St Hubert in Ontario since like the 90s, it would be cool if they come back. Or maybe Swiss Chalet will even start offering St Hubert chicken. :eek:

we don't have Pizza Delights but we do have Mikes and there's a running gag in Quebec about how they're still in business because nobody likes it

yeah I mentionned it earlier, St-Hubert are everywhere on the island, but you should never order from there. In restaurant it's not that bad

I remember Mikes used to be in Saint John years ago when I was little. I'm sad St Hubert never lasted in New Brunswick. That chicken was great.

Also Deluxe Fish and chips is the best. If you ever go to NB try Deluxe.

Their Poutine is great . All this restaurant talk is making me hungry

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Well we have no Pizza Pizza out west

Also you guys have neither DeDutch nor IHOP nor Dennys?! Where do you go for cheap breakfast?

The Deus Ex performance climb for the PC version is fucking insane. I hope to god that DX12 version has some miracles packed in.

Elaborate?

imBask

Banned
basically that whole list I gave you is replaced by cheap Thai food chains like Thai Express

that shit is eeeeeeeeeeverywhere

Calamari41

41 > 38
basically that whole list I gave you is replaced by cheap Thai food chains like Thai Express

that shit is eeeeeeeeeeverywhere

We're lucky in SoCal because there aren't any Thai food chains, its all one-off family owned hole in the wall restaurants. Stellar.

Versifier

Oh yeah didn't Swiss Chalet and St Hubert merge recently? There hasn't been a St Hubert in Ontario since like the 90s, it would be cool if they come back. Or maybe Swiss Chalet will even start offering St Hubert chicken. :eek:

Incorrect! Ottawa has several Swiss Chalet and St. Hubert locations

Socreges

Banned
It's really unfortunate that the CBC doesn't come up with quality programming at the same rate as the BBC or something. Probably a budget thing.
Definitely. And just looked up some numbers out of interest:

- UK population is 2x Canada
- UK GDP is 2x Canada
- BBC funding per capita is 3x CBC

So, that's roughly 6x more funding. Plus they don't have the US directly below then siphoning the best talent away. The best Canadian writers, actors, etc work in the US. Might be different if the CBC wasn't delivering their products on a shoestring budget.

Haven't seen an episode of Schitt's Creek, but it's been getting plenty of praise it looks like. It's on Netflix, I'll check it out soon.
I heard the opposite, but I really hope it's good since I like the cast.

calder

You're going to upset Schuey with this one, us city folk just don't get Praire humour.

You elitists will be first against the wall when the revolution starts.

Corner Gas is a good show that is exactly what it wanted to be: a pleasant, funny classic sitcom for middle aged peeps.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Hmmm
Oliver Garden - Still has a few locations. But I think most left.
TGI Fridays - Pretty sure these are all gone.
Arby's - These are all over.
Popeyes - These are becoming more around Canada.
Sonic - Doesn't exist in Canada.
In-n-out - Doesn't exist in Canada.
Denny's - Few and far between in Canada
Papa Johns - These are all over Canada.
Applebees - Think these are gone from Canada.
IHOP- Don't think these aren't here.
Chipotle - A couple of these are popping up in Canada/Toronto.
Carl's Jr - I think they had some in Toronto, but they're gone?

zroid

Banned
I heard the opposite, but I really hope it's good since I like the cast.

I only saw the first episode of Schitt's Creek and I thought it was absolutely dreadful.

But over the past year I keep hearing that it's actually great. Wouldn't be the first time a series turned around after a poor pilot.

zroid

Banned
Why Your Team Sucks: Edmonton Oilers

Finished last in the Western Conference with 70 points. Hey, the rebuild is almost finally back to where it was some four years ago! See, the reason you think the Oilers' plan is flawed is you rely on fancy concepts like assuming that time works in a linear fashion! If you just accept that the Oilers are, on the other hand, working on a completely different time plane, it makes sense. Watching this rebuild is like watching LOST starting on Season 4, then going 5, 3, 1, 6, 2 in that order. Somehow, it always ends with something exploding, doesn't it?

Your Head Coach

Todd McLellan. Sick of seven years of coaching a San Jose team that consistently underachieved in the postseason, he decided to take a job where there was literally no concern of that ever happening.

After years of sucking, the Oilers have determined it was Actually Good Player Taylor Hall that was the problem. He was shipped to New Jersey for good, but by no means, amazing defenseman Adam Larsson, and....that's it. That's the ENTIRE trade. The Oilers took a severe downgrade just to slightly improve their defense. That's like amputating your leg because you broke your arm. That's like deciding your salad needs more dressing, so you trade your salad for more dressing, and then drink the dressing.

For those counting, Peter Chiarelli has now traded away two elite wingers on two different teams for entirely underwhelming packages. I'm starting to sense a theme that he maybe doesn't exactly know what he's doing.

Top Bottom