• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

iLLmAtlc

Gonna play my own story cut of MGSV soon, after this weather cools down a tad.

I think I'll do something like this

Prologue>Mission 1>Mother Base Intro>Honey Bee Mission>Cloaked in Silence>Hellbound>Pitch Black>Blood Runs Deep>Voices>White Mamba>Code Talker> Metallic Archaea>Skull Face OKB0>Sahel Boss>Shining Lights, Even in Death>Mission 45> Mission 46.

Yawnier

Banned
Gonna play my own story cut of MGSV soon, after this weather cools down a tad.

I think I'll do something like this

Prologue>Mission 1>Mother Base Intro>Honey Bee Mission>Cloaked in Silence>Hellbound>Pitch Black>Blood Runs Deep>Voices>White Mamba>Code Talker> Metallic Archaea>Skull Face OKB0>Sahel Boss>Shining Lights, Even in Death>Mission 45> Mission 46.

I just played through MGS V a few weeks ago and that ending grossed me out so much that I didn't go back to it yet to do a bunch of the side stuff that I skipped. I didn't do that
final Quiet mission
cause I heard it was a pain in the ass.

I've been kind of itching to go back and play MGS3 though.

zroid

Banned
I'm pretty deep into Tokyo Mirage Sessions atm. Excellent game.

I seriously encourage all Persona fans to check it out, it's very similar but with way more interesting dungeons.

I seriously encourage all Persona fans to check it out, it's very similar but with way more interesting dungeons.

I would love to check it out but at this point I can't justify a Wii U, with the NX on the horizon, unless the price just plummets

zroid

Banned
I would love to check it out but at this point I can't justify a Wii U, with the NX on the horizon, unless the price just plummets

just do it fam

Wii U is great. get a refurbished one from Nintendo, it's like 200 bucks or something. The NX isn't going to be backwards compatible anyways.

iLLmAtlc

I think the MGSV ending was way too subtle for me. But somebody explained it to me and I'm slowly starting to warm up to it.

it shows how evil and cowardly big boss is now. Even after brooding over the boss for decades he sent venom into the same suicide mission just to protect his own skin.

I am not touching that game with a barge pole after the bait and switch it turned into.

Yawnier

Banned
just do it fam

Wii U is great. get a refurbished one from Nintendo, it's like 200 bucks or something. The NX isn't going to be backwards compatible anyways.

I wanted to get a Wii U the last few years but as of now I can't justify 200-300 bucks on a console where its successor is only like 6 or 7 months away.

zroid

Banned
I am not touching that game with a barge pole after the bait and switch it turned into.

That makes zero sense. When it was announced it was literally a code name and nothing more. People made tons of wild assumptions about what it would end up being when it hadn't even begun development.

zroid

Banned
I wanted to get a Wii U the last few years but as of now I can't justify 200-300 bucks on a console where its successor is only like 6 or 7 months away.

Maybe it's just me but I don't undertstand this logic. The best time to get a console IMO is at the end of its life cycle. It's cheaper, the games are cheaper, there are more games, it's basically the perfect time to jump in. You also get the added benefit of retrospective so people can recommend you the best games without having to worry about what's good or not.

I bought a PS2 after the PS3 was released, one of the best decisions I've made gaming-wise.

That makes zero sense. When it was announced it was literally a code name and nothing more. People made tons of wild assumptions about what it would end up being when it hadn't even begun development.

Well with a name like SMTxFE, you expect it to have something even somewhat close to those two franchises, no?

Instead we get a game that glorifies the idol industry which is fucked up within itself.

Yawnier

Banned
Maybe it's just me but I don't undertstand this logic. The best time to get a console IMO is at the end of its life cycle. It's cheaper, the games are cheaper, there are more games, it's basically the perfect time to jump in. You also get the added benefit of retrospective so people can recommend you the best games without having to worry about what's good or not.

I bought a PS2 after the PS3 was released, one of the best decisions I've made gaming-wise.
The PS2 was like $129 or $99 (new) after 2006/2007 wasn't it tho? If I were to see a Wii U at that price after the NX's release, or even at $150 I would def jump at it.

Also did Nintendo raise the price of the refurb Wii U in canada on their website? I see that it is $290, though it comes with 3D World and Nintendoland.

Not me. *shrug*

Wii U's first party lineup is worth the price of admission.

I am going to buy everyone a copy of NieR: Automata.

Not for me it isn't. There are some great games no doubt just not really my thing anymore. I would love to play WIndwaker HD though for sure. Breath of the Wild has me incredibly excited for the NX though

I also don't play nearly as many games as I used to so I need to choose between some more and the PS4 is the go to for me.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I am going to buy everyone a copy of NieR: Automata.

Not for me it isn't. There are some great games no doubt just not really my thing anymore. I would love to play WIndwaker HD though for sure. Breath of the Wild has me incredibly excited for the NX though

I also don't play nearly as many games as I used to so I need to choose between some more and the PS4 is the go to for me.

sounds good

Deal

Yawnier

Banned

I would also love to play Wind Waker HD. It's prob my second favorite Zelda

zroid

Banned
Well with a name like SMTxFE, you expect it to have something even somewhat close to those two franchises, no?

Instead we get a game that glorifies the idol industry which is fucked up within itself.

it's a Persona game filled with FE references and certain FE gameplay systems, so I fail to see how that doesn't abide by a mere concept. Sorry if it didn't live up to whatever fantasy you invented from thin air.

also, the position that it "glorifies" idols is way off base. it isn't about idols, it's about the Japanese entertainment industry as a whole, and while it certainly has an optimistic outlook, it also deals with many of the problems and insecurities facing performers in their respective disciplines.

The PS2 was like $129 or $99 (new) after 2006/2007 wasn't it tho? If I were to see a Wii U at that price after the NX's release, or even at $150 I would def jump at it.

yeah I think I got mine for $130 or so. wii u probably won't get an ultra cheap re-release, but like I said it's $200 or so refurbished which isn't bad. I mean that was 10 years ago, everything costs a lot more nowadays.

zroid

Banned

Yeah I can totally relate to that, lol. I mean, I don't have a PS4 or XB1 but it has nothing to do with lack of interest, I just don't play many games so it'd be a waste.

I have a backlog for Wii U, so that should tell you everything you need to know about my gaming habits in 2016. :p

iLLmAtlc

I think buying old consoles is great for the reasons zroid mentioned, but to me that only applies after the new console has been out for a few years. When we're just a few months away tho I'd much rather put my money to the newest tech and games. It's also fun to be swept in the hysteria and salt.

Smiley90

I'd try Tokyo Mirage Sessions if it came out for the 3DS. ALAS I won't. Mostly a pokemon machine anyway

sounds good

I won't buy everyone a copy but I will legit buy a few for some of the NHLgaf bubble. Idk how I will do it but I will do something for sure.

I would also love to play Wind Waker HD. It's prob my second favorite Zelda

Windwaker is my favorite personally. I love so much about it. I am not the biggest Zelda fan though but Breath of the Wild reminds me of the feeling I got from Wind Waker.

Yeah I can totally relate to that, lol. I mean, I don't have a PS4 or XB1 but it has nothing to do with lack of interest, I just don't play many games so it'd be a waste.

I have a backlog for Wii U, so that should tell you everything you need to know about my gaming habits in 2016. :p

Yeah I have a PS4 backlog too lol I have been playing PS2 games more recently but now I have 0 time to play games really.

zroid

Banned
Anyways, I can't believe yall got me talking about games so much, fuck games I hate them

sports baby

⚽⚾🏀🏈🎾🏌🏒🏏🏸

Yawnier

Banned
yeah I think I got mine for $130 or so. wii u probably won't get an ultra cheap re-release, but like I said it's $200 or so refurbished which isn't bad. I mean that was 10 years ago, everything costs a lot more nowadays.
Yeah that is definitely true.

I think buying old consoles is great for the reasons zroid mentioned, but to me that only applies after the new console has been out for a few years. When we're just a few months away tho I'd much rather put my money to the newest tech and games. It's also fun to be swept in the hysteria and salt.

Yeah that is what I was trying to say.

I ended up buying a Wii in 2013 for like 30 bucks with a few games and it was a wicked deal considering the games I missed out on for that console.

Smiley90

I dunno about you guys, but I am going to go play PGR 2 for the umpteenth time.

PGR2&3 were my jam back in the day. It was the only game I could consistently beat my friend at. At some point I had some kind of world top100 track on the nurburgring f1 track

How did you deal with all of the PS2 jaggies after seeing the PS3?

I bought a refurbished Wii U for $200 CAD a while back to play Mario Kart and Smash. Super glad I have one now because Breath of the Wild looks great and I doubt I'll be wanting to get an NX anywhere near launch.

iLLmAtlc

Deal.

Edit: oh. Backtracking already. :p

I'm still just playing Overwatch. I have a sealed copy of uncharted 4 that I got at the same time as Overwatch. I'll play it eventually.

I think the uncharted 4 gunplay is fantastic but other than that I think the formula is getting a little stale.

Deal.

Edit: oh. Backtracking already. :p

I'm still just playing Overwatch. I have a sealed copy of uncharted 4 that I got at the same time as Overwatch. I'll play it eventually.

Hey now! I am willing to buy a few for sure like I said lol

Exact number TBA. Depends on the interest

Top Bottom