• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

tumblr_o2mc4ojqJ81ux1dn3o1_500.gif

Cake Boss

Banned
Holy shit the PES 2017 demo is amazing. The best soccer game since the PS2 days. Might be my first soccer game I will buy in 10 years.

I'm pretty deep into Tokyo Mirage Sessions atm. Excellent game.

I seriously encourage all Persona fans to check it out, it's very similar but with way more interesting dungeons.

I was about to play it...but ended up playing Smash instead cause I was lazy to take out the disk ¯_(ツ)_/¯

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Regarding video game talk and interest levels, I find I still really enjoying playing, but it can be overwhelming since a lot of the games i like are massive time sinks (Halo, The Witcher, Dragon Age, The Division, etc.).

Already some franchises I liked are getting past the point where I can catch up (like Assassins Creed). And now I've got into Elite, which is never ending. I think I need to narrow my focus to just a few meaty games and then play the odd shorter games like LiS. Too hard

Quick

Banned
Regarding video game talk and interest levels, I find I still really enjoying playing, but it can be overwhelming since a lot of the games i like are massive time sinks (Halo, The Witcher, Dragon Age, The Division, etc.).

Already some franchises I liked are getting past the point where I can catch up (like Assassins Creed). And now I've got into Elite, which is never ending. I think I need to narrow my focus to just a few meaty games and then play the odd shorter games like LiS. Too hard

This is why I like sports and episodic games. Sports games are best for a quick pick up, episodic games don't require a week's worth of continuous attention.

I've been thinking about getting Elite on PC. How is it, Schuey?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
This is why I like sports and episodic games. Sports games are best for a quick pick up, episodic games don't require a week's worth of continuous attention.

I've been thinking about getting Elite on PC. How is it, Schuey?

Really liking it so far, just getting into it though so I'm still figuring things out. Game has a steep learning curve and doesn't hold your hand. Requires a fair amount of patience. Maybe Dubbed can chime in.

I find it weird that everyone was hyped about NMS when this game was out for over a year. Maybe because Elite was more bare bones when it first came out? They keep adding more content and basically have a roadmap for the next few years.

Another thing I appreciate about the game is they try to focus keeping the science correct.

iLLmAtlc

I wouldn't say I'm not interested in games, because I still play nhl every evening >_>. I can also really get into some games like witcher, mgsv, fallout, uncharted and batman AK. Problem is for some reason I'm less eager to play totally new experiences.

That's ok it's allowed me to catch up on other media like tv and movies. Here are my fav shows I've seen this summer:

1. Fargo s1
2. Stranger things
3. Mr. Robot s1
4. OJ fx
5. Ballers s1

Socreges

Banned
how are you not perm'd by now

I think the mods feel a sociopath is a NeoGAF fixture.

Hey guys what's going o-

Oh Jesus Christ cmon

Welp there goes the neighborhood.

The hell did I miss? The post before imbask's was straight up deleted apparently.

Oh Sirbat is back? I guess ignored posts just don't show up at all. Pretty nice

Holy shit the PES 2017 demo is amazing. The best soccer game since the PS2 days. Might be my first soccer game I will buy in 10 years.
Have you tried recent years? And it compares well?

Cake Boss

Banned
The hell did I miss? The post before imbask's was straight up deleted apparently.

Oh Sirbat is back? I guess ignored posts just don't show up at all. Pretty nice

Have you tried recent years? And it compares well?

I honestly only played Fifa 15 and 16 and some of the older Fifa games like 11,12.

Haven't tried PES 2016. Only 2015, it's just so much faster, better mechanics and animations. Great flow to the game.

I honestly only played Fifa 15 and 16 and some of the older Fifa games like 11,12.

Haven't tried PES 2016. Only 2015, it's just so much faster, better mechanics and animations. Great flow to the game.

PES 2015 was pretty good I felt. Didn't play 2016 or Fifa 16.

I have played pretty much every Fifa and PES up until last year. Fifa has been so much better for so long, which isn't saying much since PES was horrible for awhile, but PES has been stepping their game up the past couple years.

iLLmAtlc

Bless this twins bullpen bra

Can't wait for the Baltimore series, they could potentially deliver the knockout punch to the o's >_>

RBH

d9ad4daf3e69d4c54252b063e19e9819

Las Vegas NHL owner Bill Foley has grand visions for the image of his team

He sees a situation where many of the 42 million yearly visitors to the city leave town in a jersey with his organization’s colors and crest.

“We want the name to fit our goals and what we’re trying to accomplish and I’m really confident that we’re going to hit it and do really well,” Foley said in a recent phone interview with Puck Daddy. “I want every person from China who comes to Las Vegas to take a jersey and bring it back to Shanghai or Beijing or Hong Kong. I want everyone from Japan that comes in or from Eastern or Western Europe, I want them all to buy jerseys. We’re really trying to develop a team that has an international aspect to it.”

Before Foley’s idea can be realized he needs to officially pick a name. So far this has involved several steps, many meetings and a few legal issues. Foley says he thinks he’s finally settled on a name, but still has a few more hurdles to clear. The name, he said, will probably not be Nighthawks though that remains an option as a backup. Earlier in the summer it was reported Nighthawks could be the front-runner for the Las Vegas team name.

On Thursday, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported the name could be Desert Knights.

Foley said that he was initially partial to Black Knights based on his military heritage as a West Point graduate. But Foley said he got “pushback” from the army and immediately moved on. Also, Foley noted that Black Knights wasn’t exactly the first choice of the team’s prospective fans.

“I do listen to what the fans are saying. Black Knights is not a popular name generally speaking amongst the fans,” Foley said. “I think they would have loved it because I had a real plan in place about what the Black Knight would be and how we would promote that logo and that name and that culture. But I believe we’ll do the same thing with the names we’re coming down to.”

When the NHL awarded Las Vegas a team, commissioner Gary Bettman noted that this expansion process would be covered differently than past teams thanks in part to the growth of the internet and social media.

Bettman’s words have proved prophetic in regards to the organization’s quest to find a name. From Silver Knights to Red Hawks, Desert Hawks and Nighthawks several different possibilities have been reported.

The London Knights of the OHL released a statement on Aug. 11 saying they “have not thus far been contacted by the Las Vegas franchise” in regards to the usage of the “Knights” name.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bill-f...-team-name-decision-were-close-200301132.html

The domain names to lasvegasdesertknights.com, vegasdesertknights.com and desertknightshockey.com were privately registered to Moniker Privacy Services last week, according to Justin Emerson of the Las Vegas Review-Journal. Moniker Privacy Services is the same company that owns the domain to NHL.com.

Foley reportedly said via text message that he had no comment regarding an update to the name-selection process. And there is no indication that Moniker Privacy Services is connected to Foley or the NHL. But Foley initially wanted to call the team the “Black Knights” after his alma mater (the United States Military Academy in West Point, N.Y.) or simply the “Knights” before running into issues.

It wouldn’t be surprising if “Desert Knights” really is the direction he’s leaning.
http://nesn.com/2016/08/new-las-vegas-nhl-team-probably-will-be-called-this-for-better-or-worse/

Top Bottom