• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

imBask

Banned
I honestly only played Fifa 15 and 16 and some of the older Fifa games like 11,12.

Haven't tried PES 2016. Only 2015, it's just so much faster, better mechanics and animations. Great flow to the game.

are you playing on PC and if so is it running well?

I only care about the MLS and you have to mod them in PES...

Heretic

Will have more support than Windows Phone.

Re0cOXK.gif

Says who?

don't you play the Flyers when you play NHL? I play as the Habs and when I play FIFA I play as the Impact

love the MLS snobs, keep em coming

Yeah I do. But I like to switch it up sometimes.

When it comes to FIFA I love playing other leagues. I just find the MLS boring to play as.

Heretic

it is, but it's growing less and less mediocre every year and it's success is inevitable in medium to long term

get used to it, i'd bet the MLS will take over the NHL in terms of popularity before 2025

we beat them at home this year on a stupid gift from Rowe, AH!

been a while since I've been to a Galaxy game. Might check out LAFC when they start up.

zroid

Banned
it is, but it's growing less and less mediocre every year and it's success is inevitable in medium to long term

get used to it, i'd bet the MLS will take over the NHL in terms of popularity before 2025

might be well before that with how things are trending

imBask

Banned
might be well before that with how things are trending

I also think it'll be before that but i'm being conservative in my prediction. Atlanta is joining next year and they already sold a fuckton of season tickets, LA is getting a second team, Minnesota is getting a team and they seem excited... Stade Saputo is full every game, Orlando is crazy about soccer, Seattle fans are bonkers, Portland fans are bonkers, etc etc

we beat them at home this year on a stupid gift from Rowe, AH!

And guess what, more immigrant kids who are more and likely to put their kids in soccer compared to hockey

Because as it stands right now, hockey is a game for the rich white kids in the suburbs then inner city youth

I firmly believe that by 2025, 2030, the top two sports in Canada will be basketball and soccer. Basketball eapecially if the Raptors can continue to stay relevant and win.

Hockey will still be the national game, but the cost prohibitive nature will make it unplayable at major levels for most disadvantaged youth and immigrant families.

imBask

Banned
I thought Basketball was declining? I might be wrong

Soccer will be the #2 sport in Canada easily, pretty much already is in Montreal and Vancouver. I doubt Hockey will ever get replaced though, not here. If the MLS starts bringing in more big stars though, those southern teams are going to eat the NHL alive

I thought Basketball was declining? I might be wrong

Soccer will be the #2 sport in Canada easily, pretty much already is in Montreal and Vancouver. I doubt Hockey will ever get replaced though, not here. If the MLS starts bringing in more big stars though, those southern teams are going to eat the NHL alive

Probably not, especially considering the flush success the Raps are having.

What the MLS needs is to bring in big, young stars. People like Kane, Pogba, Vardy, etc. Unfortunately, MLS is at a disadvantage due to the salary cap so they have to go with the retiring greats instead.

zroid

Banned
soccer is already way bigger in Canada than hockey in terms of youth participation (for obvious reasons). it just doesn't have the developmental infrastructure to produce high end talent.

Socreges

Banned
soccer is already way bigger in Canada than hockey in terms of youth participation (for obvious reasons). it just doesn't have the developmental infrastructure to produce high end talent.
Well they're talking about popularity as spectator sports.

Line_HTX

Probably not, especially considering the flush success the Raps are having.

What the MLS needs is to bring in big, young stars. People like Kane, Pogba, Vardy, etc. Unfortunately, MLS is at a disadvantage due to the salary cap so they have to go with the retiring greats instead.

It will decline because of Kevin Durant. This upcoming season is already meaningless.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Say what you will about the Vegas team, but I think it's great that Foley is so into it. Sure as hell beats an owner who just treats his team like another line item in an investment portfolio.

Right, I think that's mainly just a function of MLS still growing, though. CanWNT for example draws huge audiences already.

The Canadian MNT is an absolute joke, and the fact that the success of the WNT hasn't kicked the FA's ass into gear is pathetic. Though I wonder how much of that is due to talent?

iLLmAtlc

I think NBA still does very well with superteams. those teams draws tons of viewers on national games, even tho some smaller markets might be hurting.

I think NBA still does very well with superteams. those teams draws tons of viewers on national games, even tho some smaller markets might be hurting.

Ultimately though, when you look at it, it's uncompetitive. Fans sure aren't going to have much optimism going in that they have any chance of competing.

imBask

Banned
What is the offense that you speak of?

MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER LUPUL MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER

MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER LUPUL MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER MARNER MATTHEWS NYLANDER

this is going to be for the next billion years, won't it?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Dopey, is that you?

imBask

Banned
the irony is imbask talks about them more than Leaf fans

can't talk about our players, whenever they get popular Bergevin trades them...

wait a minute

EMELIN EMELIN EMELIN EMELIN EMELIN EMELIN EMELIN EMELIN EMELIN EMELIN EMELIN EMELIN EMELIN EMELIN

The Durant, Curry and Thompson Golden State warriors team makes me worried. But I'm excited for the next Raptors season. The best Basketball has yet to come.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It will decline because of Kevin Durant. This upcoming season is already meaningless.

Ultimately though, when you look at it, it's uncompetitive. Fans sure aren't going to have much optimism going in that they have any chance of competing.

The Durant, Curry and Thompson Golden State warriors team makes me worried. But I'm excited for the next Raptors season. The best Basketball has yet to come.

The thing is basketball has been "uncompetitive" for pretty much as long as we've all been alive yet it's still doing so well and about to enter a new era where the salary cap is shooting well beyond 100 million thanks to the new TV deal.

Hating or loving Superteams doesn't matter, people are tuning in to see them lose or win. If Golden State doesn't win this year I guarantee every one of you commenting will know it and will probably see it happen.

Top Bottom