• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

image.php

Hahahaha.

Socreges

Banned
It sucks when people die suddenly...what a hopeless feeling.

You can always spin shit when:

-someone loses a job (go back to school!)
-your girlfriend leaves you (discover Tinder!)
-your team is horrible (Matthews!)

But when someone dies....it's all shit. Can't really say anything without feeling like you're filling the emptiness or throwing out worthless gestures.

Foggy

But when someone dies....it's all shit. Can't really say anything without feeling like you're filling the emptiness or throwing out worthless gestures.

Turn your existential crisis into a weapon

tumblr_ljg921qwfO1qzs3xio1_400.jpg

Can I ask why this post came to be? If you need somebody Socreges, we're here.

fake edit: lol foggy

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got a job interview tomorrow for a Microsoft/Xbox Sales Rep in Calgary. Woooo. Have a video interview then if that goes well an in person one.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Hope you're feeling ok. All around shitty year this far. Speaking of layoffs, massive one happening at my place right now (again). I'm still here for now though...

Socreges

Banned
Turn your existential crisis into a weapon

tumblr_ljg921qwfO1qzs3xio1_400.jpg
Ironically, the person who died is a massive atheist who loved watching debates about the existence of God. He would appreciate your post.

Can I ask why this post came to be? If you need somebody Socreges, we're here.

fake edit: lol foggy
I'm alright. Thanks. Just not often someone close to me dies so it was a bit frustrating to be reminded that there's nothing you can say or do.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got a job interview tomorrow for a Microsoft/Xbox Sales Rep in Calgary. Woooo. Have a video interview then if that goes well an in person one.

Good luck!

Ironically, the person who died is a massive atheist who loved watching debates about the existence of God. He would appreciate your post.

I'm alright. Thanks. Just not often someone close to me dies so it was a bit frustrating to be reminded that there's nothing you can say or do.

Sorry about your loss.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

That feeling of hopelessness is probably the worst thing you can experience.

make sure you have Skype installed

Views was Take Care...Again for me. After all the hype and coming off of If You're Reading This and WATTBA I expected more that that and not what we got. It's not terrible, but the hype makes it look worse than it is IMO.

My condolences Soc :(

Foggy

Yeah like you said, there's no quick fix or placebo for something like this. Somehow, someway it's manageable for people, otherwise how could humanity even function? Whatever or however you can process it is the right away as long as it doesn't hurt you or others.

Quick

Banned

Sorry for your loss, Soc.

You're absolutely right about the hopelessness when someone passes away. There's nothing to do but remember that person at their best.

Whenever anybody passes away, there's generally the same positive sentiments said by anyone asked about the deceased - "he/she was a good person, everyone loved him/her, he/she was an angel". People discount these sentiments as empty gestures, but death really reminds us of what the person has done in their life and their impact on other people. And when you can think of positive things about the deceased, you know that they've at least touched your life in the best possible way. While it may seem empty or worthless to present any sort of gesture, the best thing you can do is think of the good times and good memories you've had with the person.

Heretic

Happy birthday baby!!!😘😘😍😍
<33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333
You got this, Schuey! Don't let us all down!!!
Just give them your GAF post history. Youll be sure to get the job.
Huehuehue

Sorry, Soc :(

yyzjohn

Banned

I hear you man. It never gets any easier either. Once people close to your age start dying it really hits home.

Razorskin

----- ------
Pre-season and maybe the first two weeks of the season is going to be a lot of "what the fuck, X team has Y player in their team?"

This whole offseason was like this for me when I was busy for most of July 1st. Didn't know Staal was with the Wild until last week.

zroid

Banned
Why Your Team Sucks: Calgary Flames

After a surprise postseason appearance in 2014-15, the Flames regressed right back to where they were the year before. In part because of bad goaltending, but also in part because California woke up from its yearlong nap and decided to stop screwing around. That's really the only way the Flames can even hope for a playoff spot: hope that a couple teams just decide to take the year off or something. Now that it's happened, I wouldn't expect it to again. The Sharks or Kings would have to fall down some kind of Mystery Hole or something.

Anyway, a disaster of a regression last season spelled the end for Bob Hartley just one year after the Jack Adams Memorial PDO Kiss of Death Award. That's good! With so many decent names out there on the coaching market, I'm sure they could finally find the guy that will help them take that next, permanent step forward.

Glen Gulutzan, everybody! Comes from a pedigreed coaching background of achieving nothing tangible in particular. Here is his comprehensive list of career NHL highlights:

-2011-2013: doing nothing of any particular relevance in Dallas, only to watch them get good after he leaves under Lindy friggin Ruff.

-2013-2014: being the guy in Vancouver responsible for making sure John Tortorella didn't kill anybody.

-2014-2016: somehow keeping his job in Vancouver, which you completely forgot happened.

Anyway, Elliott hasn't played more than 43 games in a year since the 2009-10 season, so have fun with that. He was so trusted by his old team that they spent years looking for someone to replace him. You basically hired the goaltending equivalent of that guy at your office that everyone hates but he has seniority, so instead of firing him, they promote other people to do his work in the hopes of phasing him out. That's the future of Flames goaltending!

Elliott, by the way, is only elite every other year, and that was last year. He's also a UFA next season, so there's no guarantee Calgary can keep him. They could just be getting one year of average Brian Elliott! You also signed backup Chad Johnson to a one-year deal, so you could be right back to square one in 2017.

Other than signing two former St. Louis Blues- because nothing exemplifies success like that franchise- they made a few extremely "our new coach coached these guys" depth signings in Linden Vey and Alex Chiasson, and added Chris Higgins on a PTO. Ho hum.

In the last 26 seasons, the Flames have won a grand total of four playoff series; they've been past the first round twice. Minnesota and Nashville have made it past the first round more times despite only existing for about half of that time. You're basically the Cincinnati Bengals of hockey, except the Cincinnati Bengals at least give off the impression they might be good one of these years.

To that end, the Flames are just as overhyped a franchise as the city. All you ever hear is Calgarians talk up their city as the greatest thing since sliced bread. Have you ever been to Calgary? It's the definition of mediocrity. It's a typical city with suburbs that has a river running through it. Their chief import is airport layovers. Despite being as corporate and white-collar as any other major Canadian city, they fancy themselves to be some sort of cowboy rebels of the west. In reality, they're Houston with less traffic.

Top Bottom