• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I like to imagine that the perp in all of the r/LetsNotMeet stories are Tabris. It makes them all come together and make a lot more sense.

Dastardly has creeped his way into our hearts.

~You're the Vespene Gas I've been requiring~

65061.gif

I'll definitely buy a HD version. I still have the old game on CD.

Shareware SC was my first online game. I remember being really excited that I got 1 battlecruiser and was about to attack. Look over and the dude has about 20 rolling my base.

Loved Brood War too, pretty sure I have it around somewhere. Protoss 4 lyf 4Aiur

zroid

Banned
Why Your Team Sucks: Arizona Coyotes

2015-16 Season

The biggest achievement this season was finally agreeing to stop sucking dry the taxpayers of Glendale, who do not care in the least about hockey and are really kinda worried about the state of their hospitals and schools, you guys. Let's not forget that this is the fanbase that, despite terrible attendance numbers, finger-wagged residents of a suburb they don't live in for not caring as much about an awful hockey team as they do. What a marketing plan!

Your Starting Goalie

Mike Smith? STILL?! Is that right? That can't be right. There has to be some kind of oversight here. You can't possibly mean to tell me that with all the names on the goalie market, the Coyotes stuck with their overrated, underperforming man-baby of a goaltender.

Wait, yes, that's exactly what happened. They're stuck paying this idiot $5.66MM until he's 37 years old.

Anyway, your backup is Louis Domingue. I look forward to his career taking off with the Vegas expansion team after the team feels compelled to protect Smith instead.

POWER STRUGGLE! Don Maloney, the Coyotes GM of nine years was forced out of his job for not being able to make a bad team on a shoestring budget good quickly enough!

The Coyotes aren't even pretending to act like they've just given their head coach all of the power; Tippett is being given "management input." But there is a new GM! The team went and hired some 26-year old mathemagician to fill the role of ensuring that Tippett's dry cleaning is handled in a punctual and satisfactory manner.

So, what is the team doing to win now? Well, they're signed Alex Goligoski to a very large contract until he's 36! They also bought out longtime Coyote Antoine Vermette and added....Radim Vrbata? Again? Geez. Is there some rule that every time you ship out an organizational retread, you have to add another one? Did they actually watch Vrbata the last two years? He was good for the season the Sedins bounced pucks off of his stick and that's about it. They also brought back Shane Doan for another year, because replacing him with someone who can actually win games and be remotely likeable is asking too much.

And hey, they signed Luke Schenn!

Also decided to pick up the tab on Pavel Datsyuk's contract, which means they are now currently paying two legendary players to not play for them. Three if you count Dave Bolland, who is really only legendary for scoring one goal and getting a bad contract two years later.

The biggest organizational problem isn't the lack of fan support, or the stadium issues, or the being stuck in a municipality that really doesn't want them there except to pay out the nose for parking. The simple fact is that the team sucks because it just isn't an attractive destination. Most Sun Belt teams do not have this problem. Most Sun Belt teams are not located in the Phoenix area, which is essentially a giant inferno that someone decided would be a nice place for a giant strip mall. This is a city that hits 30C in the winter. I'm amazed that you can sustain human life in this city, much less actual ice.

As much as you wanna get behind this team as a plucky lovable underdog, you just can't do it. How can anyone willingly cheer for a team that continually employs Doan and Smith? You can't do it. It's not as though these are some stupid goons in the periphery of your lineup. They're your captain (who has been around since the Jets 1.0 days) and your starting goalie. That's like saying 1920s Italy would've been easy to get behind but for Mussolini. "If you look past him, what a likeable rag tag bunch! Good pasta! Trains ran on time!"

zroid

Banned
YESSSS Niantic confirmed the Pokémon Go buddy system is coming soon

you can finally farm candies for rare Pokémon

Calamari41

41 > 38
Tabris does remind me a lot of Beetlejuice, especially the part at the end when he kidnaps and forces an underage girl to marry him against her will.

zroid

Banned
I don't really dig these "Why Your Team Sucks" things. The NFL ones on Deadspin are better.

I think they're a little bit boring right now because it's still picking on the bad teams. Hopefully that will change as it climbs up the standings.

The dude who's writing these did something similar last year, but it was by division, and that series was pretty funny imo.

I think they're a little bit boring right now because it's still picking on the bad teams. Hopefully that will change as it climbs up the standings.

The dude who's writing these did something similar last year, but it was by division, and that series was pretty funny imo.

I'm not a fan of the writing. Seems like he's trying way too hard to be funny.

zroid

Banned
I actually haven't been to the Distillery District in a few years, maybe I'll go check out the WCoH Fanfest or whatever

Top Bottom