• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So apparently there was a scare that Henrik Lundqvist injured himself while golfing in Sweden today. Turns out what actually happened is that he took a puck to the ribs a few days ago in practice when his pads moved on him and is a little sore from it.

Super exciting news.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Im in DC now and the people next to me literally just said "jet fuel cant melt steel beams" un-ironically.

Quick

Banned
Im in DC now and the people next to me literally just said "jet fuel cant melt steel beams" un-ironically.

I consider any discussion that promotes conspiracy theorist views of 9/11 as humourous. They're either joking outright or just very sarcastic.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The discussion centred around "it all sounds coincidental... A little too coincidental if you ask me. It's all so conveniently explained"

Quick

Banned
The discussion centred around "it all sounds coincidental... A little too coincidental if you ask me. It's all so conveniently explained"

Should've interrupted after that and said "you guys are talking about the Jets' return to Winnipeg right?"

malfcn

Not sure if this got out of the goalie world..but this leaked as a possible new chest protector for Steve Mason (new sizing specs)

Lyn7YSy.jpg

vs

tc7rEnN.jpg

Cake Boss

Banned
I like it, why would a goalie need all that extra padding on their shoulders? He's not even protecting anything. We could see more top cheese goals this season.

Quick

Banned
Remember when MuchMusic played videos all day?

I basically kept my TV on Much as background noise when they did this.

Then it slowly started reruns of their original programming like Video On Trial, that artist-themed room renovation show they did, and that fan challenge one too. At some point, I just switched to TSN and Sportsnet. lol

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
A week or so into Elite and I'm still really enjoying it. Working at the community goals are fun and a great way to earn money.

The World Cup of Hockey is not the Olympics, and likely never will be, no matter how badly the NHL wants it to be. It’s a made-for-TV, jersey-selling cash grab that will give the NHL a national spotlight — back on ESPN for the first time sine 2004 — during the thick of baseball pennant races and the start of football season.

I wish this article got into the nitty gritty of why this more then ever seems to be a massive cash grab, but alas it isn't. It's yet another puff piece about the WCH. It's only takes a somewhat differing opinion then the shilling from Sportsnet in the first few lines.

zroid

Banned
The World Cup of Hockey is not the Olympics, and likely never will be, no matter how badly the NHL wants it to be. It’s a made-for-TV, jersey-selling cash grab that will give the NHL a national spotlight — back on ESPN for the first time sine 2004 — during the thick of baseball pennant races and the start of football season.

I wish this article got into the nitty gritty of why this more then ever seems to be a massive cash grab, but alas it isn't. It's yet another puff piece about the WCH. It's only takes a somewhat differing opinion then the shilling from Sportsnet in the first few lines.

Everyone knows it's a blatant cash grab. With that said, I'm not sure why many NHL fans are vocally against the idea of this thing "replacing" the Olympics (not that anyone thinks it actually could). The Olympics are awful, and I would personally rather that money go into the NHL owners' coffers than the IOC's.

Either way, if the WCOH is successful (aka people are watching) then it will continue, otherwise it won't. Pretty straightforward.

Top Bottom