• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Fantasy sports is basically Dungeons and Dragons for people who think they're too cool for that nerdy Dungeons and Dragons shit.

Like, this nerd can recite the stats on all the weird monster things, and you know the on-base percentage of every player in MLB. No real difference.

I'm pretty sure that's a quote from a TV show. I dont remember what show.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I'm pretty sure that's a quote from a TV show. I dont remember what show.

Is it really? I remember it dawned on me when I was in the car with two fraternity brothers who were in a heated argument about two players I'd never heard of, reciting their stats and entire history effortlessly. I just said "Jesus Christ, you guys are nerdier than I am." This was in 2006.

Is it really? I remember it dawned on me when I was in the car with two fraternity brothers who were in a heated argument about two players I'd never heard of, reciting their stats and entire history effortlessly. I just said "Jesus Christ, you guys are nerdier than I am." This was in 2006.

What were you?

A Kappa Squid? Or a Tri-Duck?

What the fuck is wrong with you? You know reading is not socially accepted anymore in this time and day

Reading is awesome.

I mentioned it awhile back but I figured I'd ask again. Is anyone up for an NHL-GAF EASHL team in NHL 17? I remember a few people were interested the first time I mentioned it.

On Xbox One probably. I have an EASHL team with some of my buddies but I could flip flop back and forth.

any of you go to grad school?

Second question, is it worth it?

Going to go for my masters/whatever else I decide after I get hired. Most companies today offer tuition reimbursement either in part or in full as part of their benefits package. And even if they don't have a formal one, a good proposal of why you are doing it to the HR dept can likely get you set up with one.

Fantasy sports is basically Dungeons and Dragons for people who think they're too cool for that nerdy Dungeons and Dragons shit.

Like, this nerd can recite the stats on all the weird monster things, and you know the on-base percentage of every player in MLB. No real difference.

I kinda want to get into D & D after seeing it in Stranger Things. But I have no idea how to do so or who to play with.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I kinda want to get into D & D after seeing it in Stranger Things. But I have no idea how to do so or who to play with.

I've always kind of regretted not getting into it as a kid, but I am glad in the end because I know I probably would have become obsessed. Same reason I'm glad I never touched World of Warcraft.

D & D is awesome. I loved playing it.

I haven't played in a couple years though but it is a ton of fun, especially if you have good people to play with

any of you go to grad school?

Second question, is it worth it?

yes and yes (depending on what makes it worth it; I work on a self-employed basis in my field, so I'm not entirely there yet. But I think it's made me better through being aware of what I know, not being ashamed of that weakness and respecting and enjoying the learning process, despite its sometimes painful nature. I was terrible at all of this before my masters.)

happy birthday pikma i hope you enjoy taylor hall as an early birthday present, I'll send you a book next year

happy birthday marvie

this is how I drunk

WatVPXB.gif

ShaneB

Reading is cool.

I hate this Santa Fe commercial. Hey lady, stop looking at your god damn kids in the rear view mirror and watch the fucking road!

Jokes on you, I love sports AND roleplaying!

text based mostly but I have dabbled in tabletop gaming as well

Fantasy football is the absolute worst thing about football. Root for your actual fucking team and not a revolving and arbitrary collection of whoever the fuck.

The absolute literal worst thing about Fantasy sports are people reacting to any goal or production from a player simply because they're on their Fantasy roster.

THERE IS LITERALLY NOT A SINGLE PERSON OUT THERE APART FROM YOU, AND YOUR LEAGUE, THAT CARES ABOUT YOUR FANTASY SPORTS TEAM

Yeah except D&D is fuckin' dope. You get to sit around with folks and argue about shit that can potentially have no consequence...

Wait.

I started playing D&D with some of my buddies a few months ago and it's actually a lotta fun

I've actually been reading through At The Mountains of Madness, good shit

The Good Shit my dude.

zroid

Banned
According to Mark Spector, Team NA won't be good because they "don't have a Mike Richards. Good teams have a Mike Richards."

lol

Top Bottom