• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Yawnier

Banned
Reposting to counter shirtless ugly snapchat with THE BEAUTY OF MANKIND

wait... monarchs emblem... he's illegal in this gif rite?

ohhh shiiiiit...

I think that gif is from this year, so Willy is legal lol.

I don't even watch Game of Thrones, but fuck it:

-snip-

Great photoshops Quick.

I thought about watching Game of Thrones but then I ended up watching KanColle instead.

What the hell is KanCo-ohhhhh.

Quick

Banned
On Amazon there's a bluray box set for seasons 1-5 and it's like a 110 bucks

I'm buying mine individually

Not a fan of box sets for a movie series or show that's still ongoing.

Unless it's a series that has clear divides (Marvel Cinematic Universe, Doctor Who, Star Wars).

So apparently that pegging topic on OT side got mod approval.

I mean, good for them, still think it should have probably gone into the BDSM OT, if only because most of the people inside OT are going to treat it like a joke.

Calamari41

41 > 38
at this point I say don't even bother with the books. Martin won't finish the series anyway.

I have lost all interest in the books at this point

I have little hope that the books will be done in my lifetime, but the five released are still worth reading before watching the show.

zroid

Banned
7bda08dfbc6b4dba83328792871e1ed5.png

Why does it look like he's aged 5 years over the summer?

Pikma

Banned
Awesome! I'm a huge Lovecraft fan, is this your first time reading one of his stories? If so, I have recommendations on where to go from there.
It's the third one, I've also read The Shadow Over Innsmouth and another one which I can't remember right now because it was a while ago, What do you recommend from here?

of course you like Lovecraft, you're a fucking cephalopod

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome! I'm a huge Lovecraft fan, is this your first time reading one of his stories? If so, I have recommendations on where to go from there.

I'm really into Lovecraft too. Right now I'm listening to the HP Literary Podcast. They discuss a story each episode and I will read the appropriate story before listening.

imBask

Banned
Get in the Hugh Mungus thread
see people trying to play devils advocate
leave thread

I don't know if I even feel like looking up the pegging thread now

EDIT: nevermind it was worth it, oh my god

leave thread

It's not that bad.

It's actually quite an informative resource if you are into it. A well done OT if I ever saw one.

The problem is....yeah, nobody is really taking it seriously.

imBask

Banned
It's not that bad.

It's actually quite an informative resource if you are into it. A well done OT if I ever saw one.

The problem is....yeah, nobody is really taking it seriously.

well I mean, people can do whatever they want but I didn't expect this wall of text with images and custom made titles

Foggy

leave thread

EDIT: nevermind it was worth it, oh my god

It's a bizarro video. It's like her whole life was preparing herself for that moment.

I think that gif is from this year, so Willy is legal lol.

Fantastic! Back to being a creep I go!

So apparently that pegging topic on OT side got mod approval.

I mean, good for them, still think it should have probably gone into the BDSM OT, if only because most of the people inside OT are going to treat it like a joke.

Don't worry, the only real joke are the boring beige 2-minute vanilla missionary sex lives of those who joke about pegging and ass-play.

Live a little, gosh.

iLLmAtlc

Man there's so much to like about MGSV. 60 fps with a detailed environment, almost no load times. The gameplay is so responsive too.

That story tho, nothing happens. My re-play progress so far, skipping all the filler missions:

in Afghanistan, you rescue miller to begin your revenge. Then you have to stop the soviets from getting a rocket launcher and recruit quiet and emmerich in the process. The latter was possibly complicit in the ground zeroes attack.

You get to Africa and blow up Cipher's oil refinery which they were managing with a shell company. Creepy corpses with weird lungs wash up. Then you're sent to kill a bunch of child soldiers but end up recruiting them.

Turns out the kids' leader is missing and Diamond Dogs traces him to some weird Devil House in Africa. You go there and find more creepy bodies, and Skull Face is there too. Then the Man on Fire shows up and blows the whole thing up.

You receive a contract to kill more child soldiers, led by Eli. You end up recruiting the whole crew.

Intel tells you a dude named Code Talker does research for Skull Face so he probably knows about the creepy bodies. He tells you these are vocal cord parasites. Skull Face's plan is to first proliferate nukes so everybody has them by introducing Metal Gear Salahenthropus, ensuring that nobody could actually use them. Then he has the only WMD that can still be used: the parasites.

And I've reached the end of Africa.

Calamari41

41 > 38
It's the third one, I've also read The Shadow Over Innsmouth and another one which I can't remember right now because it was a while ago, What do you recommend from here?

of course you like Lovecraft, you're a fucking cephalopod

The ultimate advice is to just pick up one of the complete collections and read them all in any order. Some of his stories are kind of duds, but none are actively shitty, and they're short enough to where you won't feel like you wasted your time. Mountains of Madness is easily his longest story, or at least top two.

The absolute all star longer stories for me are The Colour Out of Space, The Dunwich Horror, Dreams in the Witch House, Rats in the Walls, The Haunter of the Dark, The Shunned House, and The Lurking Fear. Innsmouth too, but you already read that one.

#1 by far for me is The Whisperer in Darkness. Call of Cthulhu isn't really all that great imo but you kind of have to read it.

I didn't list any of the short stories because otherwise my list would be way too long. But, some of his best stories are very short, so like I said, read them all.

Top Bottom