• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Yeah all the talk about how the culture is different in the NHL and how it's a team sport and shit like that whenever the topic of athletes getting arrested for drugs or domestic violence or whatever the hell. It's ignorant and it comes from a pretty ugly place.

White people here don't like to think about it. Even the young people growing up just think of racism as "hatred" and as long as you don't act like the racist boogeymen then you're a good guy. It's why people get so damn defensive. They think they've done enough by just not hating someone for their race and don't want to spend another second thinking about it. At the very least, the scab is getting picked.

Exactly. It doesn't help that 75-80% of the NHL population is Canadian. So most Canadians believe that racism is mostly eradicated within their borders, that it doesn't go into the sort of obvious dog whistling that is present within the US. They forget that racism isn't obvious all the time, it can be very subtle, or it can be blatant. Remember that the Canadian government practiced sanctioned racism against the First Nations peoples for the longest time, what with residential schools and the like.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
John Tortorella on Kaepernick protest: "If any of my players sit on the bench for the national anthem, they will sit there the rest of the game."

LOL

oh god

The Jays are really pissing me off as of late. Especially Dickey/Thole.

In lighter news, the Leafs' new jerseys are $83.99 on Sportchek, so I think I'll pick one up as a gift to myself. It's too bad there's no name/number on the back, but ah well. For that price...

The Jays are really pissing me off as of late. Especially Dickey/Thole.

In lighter news, the Leafs' new jerseys are $83.99 on Sportchek, so I think I'll pick one up as a gift to myself. It's too bad there's no name/number on the back, but ah well. For that price...

You do know you can just get a nameplate and number stitched onto the back right

It's all about the logo/name on the front, not the number/name on the back.

Get that baby nameless. Or get it with Hugh Mungus with the number 69

Quick

Banned
Yep

Just out of my league when it comes to where's best to get it done, how much it should cost, the best type, etc.

I think you can just get it done at any embroidery shop?

National Sports Fan Zone (there might only be one of these)
Pro Hockey Life
Real Sports Apparel
IceJerseys (you mail your jersey to them)

They're all around $80 to get done from each place. Not sure if embroidery shops are any cheaper. One thing I will note, since I'm very particular with jersey customization, is that if you're giving it to an embroidery shop, best make sure they can replicate the Leafs' new typeface. It's apparently custom designed.

Otherwise, you might end up getting a generic block typeface that they previously used.

50dc5455d2fc0e1ddf56c2d9fddaada6.jpg

The other stores I mentioned actually either have the nameplate typefaces available in-store to stitch/glue on, or they send it out to an official NHL merchandise warehouse to get it done.

I'm a massive graphics nerd, so by extension, also a jersey design nerd.

Socreges

Banned
Anyone here seen the Nye/Ham debate on creationism? Anyone here a Creationist?

You just know watching it that nobody's mind will change. Though maybe some 11-year-old happens across it on YouTube and opts to watch a 1.5 hr debate instead of cat videos, gets inspired by Nye's passion and begins a life of devotion to science culminating in the first evidence of the universe pre-Big Bang.

Socreges

Banned
Ham... that's a name I haven't heard in a while...
Ken Ham
Ken Ham – ‏@aigkenham

For those believing the evolution religion, evolution's responsible for all disease and suffering and death is the end-religion with no hope
4:59 AM - 4 Sep 2016

Yawnier

Banned
Anyone here seen the Nye/Ham debate on creationism? Anyone here a Creationist?

You just know watching it that nobody's mind will change. Though maybe some 11-year-old happens across it on YouTube and opts to watch a 1.5 hr debate instead of cat videos, gets inspired by Nye's passion and begins a life of devotion to science culminating in the first evidence of the universe pre-Big Bang.

I remember hearing about that debate a few years ago but never watched it

Either way I've never been a religious person to begin with so idk what it would do for me.

zroid

Banned
Ken Ham
Ken Ham – ‏@aigkenham

For those believing the evolution religion, evolution's responsible for all disease and suffering and death is the end-religion with no hope
4:59 AM - 4 Sep 2016

Yeah... when I was in university I used to engage in this stuff a lot, haha. Takes me back. Nice to see he's still just as crazy as he was back then.

National Sports Fan Zone (there might only be one of these)
Pro Hockey Life
Real Sports Apparel
IceJerseys (you mail your jersey to them)

They're all around $80 to get done from each place. Not sure if embroidery shops are any cheaper. One thing I will note, since I'm very particular with jersey customization, is that if you're giving it to an embroidery shop, best make sure they can replicate the Leafs' new typeface. It's apparently custom designed.

Otherwise, you might end up getting a generic block typeface that they previously used.

50dc5455d2fc0e1ddf56c2d9fddaada6.jpg

The other stores I mentioned actually either have the nameplate typefaces available in-store to stitch/glue on, or they send it out to an official NHL merchandise warehouse to get it done.

I'm a massive graphics nerd, so by extension, also a jersey design nerd.

Thanks

I know there's a National Sports nearby. $80 is pretty steep, though, since that's the same price as the jersey. But we'll see.

Quick

Banned
Thanks

I know there's a National Sports nearby. $80 is pretty steep, though, since that's the same price as the jersey. But we'll see.

It's pretty steep, but at least you got the jersey on discount. lol

Blank jerseys are generally around $130-140, whereas customized jerseys are close to $200.

Not sure if the regular National Sports stores do customization, so check to make sure it has that Fan Zone area specifically.

So with the league at an uneven number of teams now with Las Vegas

any chance they even it out with a Whalers come back for team 32?

possibly

maybe

:(

It's pretty steep, but at least you got the jersey on discount. lol

Blank jerseys are generally around $130-140, whereas customized jerseys are close to $200.

Not sure if the regular National Sports stores do customization, so check to make sure it has that Fan Zone area specifically.

'tis true

I may do it.

Yawnier

Banned
So with the league at an uneven number of teams now with Las Vegas

any chance they even it out with a Whalers come back for team 32?

possibly

maybe

:(
Ah yes, the Hartford 'Shopping Mall' Whalers

I actually didn't know they played hockey in a part of a shopping mall/civic center until Nick Kypreos was on the SDP last week and talked about it

Quick

Banned
I signed up for Sportchek's email list, so I'm waiting on that 10% off code before buying the jersey. If I can use that code in-store, that would be perfect for me. I'm going to be out of the country for two weeks, so I don't want the jersey sitting in my mailbox or a Canada Post for that amount of time, since it looks like shipping is going to take a week.

Probably best that it's blank, I'd probably get Matthews on it, but I wanna be 100% sure he wears 34.

malfcn

Speaking of the World Cup. I went to Walmart today and they are selling World Cup Figures like this one:

carey-price-team-canada-2016-world-cup-of-hockey-6-figure-imports-dragon-25.jpg

Import Dragons made them, they also made other NHL figures, I have a Gallagher one from them.They were $19.96 each

The ones I saw they had were: Holtby,Price,Lundquist,Seguin,McDavid,Toews,Stamkos, Gaudreau, Halak, Crosby, Ghostbear, Markov and Ovi. They had a whole bunch.

Wrong pads. That has Price wearing Exflex2, when he is now starting Exflex3.

I signed up for Sportchek's email list, so I'm waiting on that 10% off code before buying the jersey. If I can use that code in-store, that would be perfect for me. I'm going to be out of the country for two weeks, so I don't want the jersey sitting in my mailbox or a Canada Post for that amount of time, since it looks like shipping is going to take a week.

Probably best that it's blank, I'd probably get Matthews on it, but I wanna be 100% sure he wears 34.

I ordered one, then got that coupon code (I waited for it at first). So, I submitted a new order using the code, and the jersey came to about $85.43. I couldn't cancel the first one, though ($94.91), so I'll have to wait for them both to ship and then return one in-store.

I'd like Matthews too.

Jersey no longer on sale :(

World Cup of Hockey 2016 |OT| USA and Canada are so good we counted them twice

edit: rip, didn't even seen the thread in OT lol

Cake Boss

Banned
Cakey even your boy is hyping up Lehkonen.

2 time Norris winner is feeling bad for you guys not having a Norris winner anymore. So he praised the closest habs player next to him, LeCockeonen. Sounds like a made up European name by Don Cherry when he's going on his xenophobic tirade.

Razorskin

----- ------

34? Disgusting, Lou must be handing out the numbers again.

zroid

Banned
Mitch Marner said:
"I had a couple coaches tell me when I was younger, ‘Have fun playing minor hockey, because that’s all you’ll ever play,’" Marner says. "That’s why I always play like it’s my last day."

Worst coach ever

Foggy

Worst coach ever

I never really believe anyone tells these athletes this kind of stuff. I'm convinced all high-level athletes conjure up these villains so they can say stuff like "they never said I would make it, BUT I BELIEVED IN MYSELF AND WORKED HARD AND HERE I AM WOOOOOOOOOO!"

Top Bottom