• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
.........people still use physical media to watch movies?

I do for select things. Mostly Netflix or digital though. I rarely comment on console stuff, but the blu ray thing seemed odd. Maybe Sony doesn't want to bother with it anymore or just wants to keep the price down?

iLLmAtlc

I like buying blu rays for shows and movies I really like so I don't have to pay for Netflix forever just to watch them.

So I think not having a drive would screw over nerds like myself and we tend to populate forums like neogaf so I'm not surprised by the reactions.

imBask

Banned
gotta say I didn't expect so many people to say they have blurays. Buncha nerds, no wonder you never have money for kideo games

Cake Boss

Banned
You fuckers aren't using your HDTVs right if you aren't watching a couple of movies on Blu Ray, the quality is that much better than streaming.

Streaming is still the primary way I watch my movies, but if I see some sales on some of my more favorite movies, I ll pick it up. Shit is so much better than streaming.

Calamari41

41 > 38
You fuckers aren't using your HDTVs right if you aren't watching a couple of movies on Blu Ray, the quality is that much better than streaming.

Streaming is still the primary way I watch my movies, but if I see some sales on some of my more favorite movies, I ll pick it up. Shit is so much better than streaming.

Yeah exactly. If you're even slightly patient and wait for Amazon sales, you can get an extensive Blu-ray collection for less than $10 a pop. It is definitely better than streaming, not even considering internet downtime or throttling.

iLLmAtlc

Also yeah quality whoring is the past present and future of entertainment, ya feel me. Gimme my 40gb movies on disc or give me death

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
gotta say I didn't expect so many people to say they have blurays. Buncha nerds, no wonder you never have money for kideo games
We're also on a gaming / tech forum. I don't honestly know a single person who has bought a blu ray within the last 3-4 years.

Quick

Banned
Mad Max and the Twin Peaks collection were some of the last ones I bought. Oh and the last Evangelion movie , lol

I had 1.11 and 2.22, but 3.33 was taking too long to come out, plus I had started purging my collection to sell, so I got rid of both.

I buy blurays for older movies I really like and will watch multiple times. You can get older blurays cheap as hell on Amazon.

Just bought Beetlejuice the other day.

Quick

Banned
I used to be really into collecting Steelbooks. Not to the extent of buying them overpriced from other collectors or from other regions, but I'd pop into Futureshop (at the time) to get it at full price (around $24-30).

Yawnier

Banned
A local store not far from me has a bunch of blu-rays for $5 each, they are used but still maybe I'll have a closer look at them next time I go

I think I own like one blu-ray movie lol (A Bridge Too Far).

Erdrick

This Devin Setoguchi article is a real eye-opener

Suspected it already but it's real unfortunate that he had to go through it. Probably many more current players in the same boat.

At least one current
unsigned RFA
Jet and a few former ones owe their on ice tepid play to excess booze and coke. I ran into Setoguchi in a bar one night... He was messed up. I can handle my booze, but holy hell, Seto was safer drinking right out of a gas pump at the rate he was going when I saw him.

Hope he really means it this time, when he says he's clean.

This is true. I'm one of the heathens that does not have any sort of streaming anything. I watch Youtube on a regular basis, and that's it. When it comes to movies, Blu Ray is my choice. I've got some 200 plus discs of various things from Crank to Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress, to Black Lagoon's entire series run and OAV and the entire season of Fringe.

I love popping in a disc on a cold night with a girl over and just watching a good film, no matter what I'm in the mood for. I've got a lot of variety, so there's something anyone can find. (Criterion Blu Rays are Godly, in case it needed to be stated again.)

Syrinx

Mike Fisher is going to the next Captain of the Predators.

I just realized that the Canes haven't made a peep about naming a successor to Eric as captain.

I had hoped it would be Faulk, but that it would probably be Babby Staal, but now I wonder if they're just going to use a bunch of A's.

imBask

Banned
does Gamecenter Live work well with a VPN? I bought one for something work related, so i'm wondering if I should use it for that too instead of going to shady places to find youtube links

iLLmAtlc

I took a quick google about iPhone 7 and are these the selling points?

- dust and water resistance
- no ear phone jack
- new home button
- new speakers

Hook line and sinker man

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I took a quick google about iPhone 7 and are these the selling points?

- dust and water resistance
- no ear phone jack
- new home button
- new speakers

Hook line and sinker man
It's pretty hilarious how insignificant each version of the iPhone has been following Jobs death, and I say this as an iPhone owner. I'd like to upgrade, but have no reason to do so.

Quick

Banned
It's pretty hilarious how insignificant each version of the iPhone has been following Jobs death, and I say this as an iPhone owner. I'd like to upgrade, but have no reason to do so.

I wouldn't say insignificant, the increase in physical size was great, for starters.

On the OS side, moving away from the old Skeuomorph UI design language to the current simplified one was a great move, speaking as a graphics guy.

Stuff like Picture-in-Picture, Slide-over, CarPlay, more integrated Siri for third-party apps, addition of Apple Music, Wallet and ApplePay, and a bunch of other stuff are some serious upgrades coming from iOS 4.

imBask

Banned
my contract is up in january, I really love having new shiny toys but man this Nexus 6 is still the best phone I ever owned, I might consider keeping it a little longer

zroid

Banned
Squirtle appeared across the street and I only needed to catch one more and I'd be able to get a Blastoise

so I ran out in my pyjamas and slippers

I think I'm officially a "hardcore" Pokémon Go-er

fallout

I'll probably never buy an iPhone, but I do view the 3.5 mm jack as a something that can be done away with on phones. It really does eat up a significant amount of space for what it offers and prevents phones from being made more water resistant. Other phone manufacturers are leaning in this direction and it helps to have Apple moving in the same direction.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I used to be really into collecting Steelbooks. Not to the extent of buying them overpriced from other collectors or from other regions, but I'd pop into Futureshop (at the time) to get it at full price (around $24-30).

Yeah, I liked them too. Got the entire Harry Potter collection for me and my wife from there.

zroid

Banned
On the topic of blu-rays, anyone seen Disney's Tarzan recently? Does it hold up?

I don't think I've seen it since I was a kid, debating pulling the trigger on the blu-ray from the disney rewards site.

It's not TERRIBLE.

Plus, I love Gordon Ramsay. Your spunky little Asian dude is awesome tho, love that we get Canadian MC on rerun like 2 or 3 years after it airs or whatever.

I like Canada Masterchef. American Masterchef is usually hit or miss.

On the topic of blu-rays, anyone seen Disney's Tarzan recently? Does it hold up?

I don't think I've seen it since I was a kid, debating pulling the trigger on the blu-ray from the disney rewards site.

Tarzan holds up.

Top Bottom