• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Socreges

Banned
Because theres a lot of people in this country that are beyond stupid?
YOURE-THE-FATTEST-ONE-IN-THE-CAR.-YOU-DIDNT-HAVE-TO-TELL-IT-LIKE-IT-IS-MARGE.jpg

So this morning. I redeemed a crap ton of Disney movie rewards codes. Got myself Toy Story on Bluray and a Mystery DVD. That Toy Story Bluray is like 50 bucks on amazon and I got it for 1000 points on Disney Movie Rewards.

Crazy!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Exactly. The game itself is fine. It plays, very well. I've poured a lot of time into the game even though I came in late.

The problems the online had were shitty, but the base game, as it stood, was playable and fantastic. Guess what? Evolution busted their ass right from the jump to make it right, make it better. They were open about their plans, and followed through with them.

Driveclub was the game that persuaded me to buy a PS4 at launch and was disappointed when it was delayed a year.

I still bought it at launch and despite the only problems being the online functionality, the base game was great. Even got the platinum (which I could only get when the online worked heh).

Shame Evolution had to be shut down, because there was something special there.

Any highlights? I don't really wanna dig through the 15 pages or whatever

The whole thread in general is something worth reading to its entirety but for some highlights.

The reactions to "greatest games"
Almost any post made by Raiden1018
Any post made by Salty Rice

There's probably a few others but that's what stood out to me when I read it last night.

zroid

Banned
So this morning. I redeemed a crap ton of Disney movie rewards codes. Got myself Toy Story on Bluray and a Mystery DVD. That Toy Story Bluray is like 50 bucks on amazon and I got it for 1000 points on Disney Movie Rewards.

Crazy!

Sweet, I ordered Toy Story back in July I think :D

calder

Man, the load times in DX12 Mankind Divided are baaaaaad.

Also the frame drops are even worse.

The load times didn't bug me, but that's probably because I've trained myself to use loading screens as a chance to check twitter. The tearing and frame drops were very noticeable but it was mainly while running through Prague so I wasn't overly annoyed, but damn it's not good.

Loved the game, finished my no-kill playthrough and am debating a New Game+ already. The game does get crazy easy for stealth players like always, but I kinda like that. I spend a lot of time making sure I do every side quest and optimize my build to avoid fights, so I feel like being overpowered at the end is a reward. Fuck challenge. ;)

zroid

Banned
I enjoy Coach's Corner, albeit as a faux-parody, but maaaaaybe we should stop giving a prominent national platform to a deranged kook who's completely out of touch with modern times

Driveclub was the game that persuaded me to buy a PS4 at launch and was disappointed when it was delayed a year.

I still bought it at launch and despite the only problems being the online functionality, the base game was great. Even got the platinum (which I could only get when the online worked heh).

Shame Evolution had to be shut down, because there was something special there.

Most of EVO's staff including Rushy got moved over to Codemasters, so they are in safe hands.

I enjoy Coach's Corner, albeit as a faux-parody, but maaaaaybe we should stop giving a prominent national platform to a deranged kook who's completely out of touch with modern times

As much as I would love to kick Cherry to the curb, it isn't going to happen as long as they are in the twilight of HNIC on CBC. Rogers needs something to draw viewers in since they spent an asinine amount of money getting the NHL TV contract when more and more people are cutting the cable, so why not make watching a senile old man shout xenophobic, inane shit to a camera for ten, thirteen minutes and event?

Rogers is fucking stupid.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Most of EVO's staff including Rushy got moved over to Codemasters, so they are in safe hands.

Oh, I know, and I think they're currently working on something.

Speaking of Codies, I wanted to grab Dirt Rally, but I couldn't find a place for it. Been trying to curb spending because I end up buying shit I never get around to playing.

calder

Cr1-tFZUkAEqTbu.jpg

Early to mid 2000's NHL all in one picture.

It's pretty clear what's going on in this photo - Teemu (stylish af, as always) is mocking them gently because they look like dorks in those team jackets. They know he's right, so they can't argue the point, but it bums them out a bit.

Top Bottom