• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Just got back from Sausage Party. It was alright. 3/5. Started good, had a really boring middle half hour or so, and then had a really strong finish.

"Cranberry juice? My girlfriend drinks that when she's on her period.

What are you, on your period?"

-Silver Arrows

Edit: I am definitely watching The Departed tonight on Blu-ray Disc

Makes me want to watch it.

Ay anybody want to have a NHL gaf movie night? Let's watch something good.

only catching the game now, but by the score this is not the dream return of Jesus Price I was hoping for. Realistically after about nearly a year of being away...this seems about right.

Quick

Banned
Bought my first piece of new Leafs logo apparel.

Old Navy's selling shirts in grey or a faded blue (both in a sort of tri-blend style) with the new logo. Small crest on the chest makes it look nice and sort-of minimalist.

Socreges

Banned
Just got back from Sausage Party. It was alright. 3/5. Started good, had a really boring middle half hour or so, and then had a really strong finish.

Makes me want to watch it.

Ay anybody want to have a NHL gaf movie night? Let's watch something good.
Wait, how did you get the idea that anyone wanted your opinion on movies? How did that happen?

Quick

Banned
I'm trying to figure out what to eat before my flight. I wanna minimize gas and the possibility of shitting in the plane.

Any suggestions?

iLLmAtlc

I'm trying to figure out what to eat before my flight. I wanna minimize gas and the possibility of shitting in the plane.

Any suggestions?

How long is the flight?

Sounds like you're thinking about some soluble fibre, it's supposed to be slow digesting and it should also make the insides happier so less gas. I think a bowl of oatmeal will be a good start.

Maybe some lean chicken (boiled for maximum dietary happiness) and some green veggies too?

Calamari41

41 > 38

Any suggestions?

Just follow my pre-flight ritual of Egg McMuffins (plural). I've only had emergency in-flight diarrhea twice, so the track record is unassailable.

Quick

Banned
Not sure if good or bad, but I just weighed myself and I gained 10 pounds since my last weighing two years ago. But I'm pretty sure I lost an inch or two in pants size.

Bean burritos, garlic cloves, and a raw onion.

I thought you were Desi for a moment.

How long is the flight?

Sounds like you're thinking about some soluble fibre, it's supposed to be slow digesting and it should also make the insides happier so less gas. I think a bowl of oatmeal will be a good start.

Maybe some lean chicken (boiled for maximum dietary happiness) and some green veggies too?

16 hour flight.

I've come to terms with the fact that I might have to shit at least once in the plane.

Lean chicken, that's a start.

Stay away from coffee and any caffeine drinks before the flight

I rarely drink coffee, so I should be okay. But yeah, I do know that that'll be a bad time.

Just follow my pre-flight ritual of Egg McMuffins (plural). I've only had emergency in-flight diarrhea twice, so the track record is unassailable.

I forgot to mention that the flight is a red eye. No McD breakfast until 5:00 AM. :(

Not sure if good or bad, but I just weighed myself and I gained 10 pounds since my last weighing two years ago. But I'm pretty sure I lost an inch or two in pants size.

I thought you were Desi for a moment.

16 hour flight.

I've come to terms with the fact that I might have to shit at least once in the plane.

Lean chicken, that's a start.

I rarely drink coffee, so I should be okay. But yeah, I do know that that'll be a bad time.

I forgot to mention that the flight is a red eye. No McD breakfast until 5:00 AM. :(

In America we have McDonald's breakfast all day, everyday.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Any suggestions?

Grabbed a jalapeño burger from SmashBurger at Pearson before I flew out, no problems, and it was delicious.

My flight was about a quarter the length of yours though.

Australia have just started rolling out 24/7 McDonalds Breakfast.

And literally nobody gives a shit, because McDonalds is trash and Melbourne burger culture is through the goddamn roof.

Gimme 8bit burger anyday.

8bit.png

It's burger time, friends.

8bit-1.jpg

Fun fact: that's my apartment on the far right on the 3rd floor.

I'm moving out in a week or two's time, I don't give a shit if people know where I live.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

And literally nobody gives a shit, because McDonalds is trash and Melbourne burger culture is through the goddamn roof.

8bit.png

8bit-1.jpg

I'm moving out in a week or two's time, I don't give a shit if people know where I live.

Can we see your sheets?

Calamari41

41 > 38

8bit.png

8bit-1.jpg

Ur already doxx'd, M8

8bit.png

8bit-1.jpg

Pls PM a burger to me.

iLLmAtlc

Lean chicken is definitely good, but I think you should plan around eating slow digesting carbs (fibre), they'll be more fulfilling and should help with gas too.

Line_HTX

That apartment looks like some Australian opulence there, mate.

E: Really dude? That's who you lose your temper over who also got canned?

Well maybe some of us like farting heaps, iLLmAtlc.

Oh hey story update with that girl I went on a date with two weeks ago. We went out on another one last night. Went to dinner and then went out to a Japanese bar and kicked it late into the night, had a walk by the river and got a coffee and had our first kiss near the Yarra bridge. We both admitted we're heavily into each other and wanna make a thing of it.We make each other laugh. We're pretty much on the same page with who we are as people, are amazingly comfortable with each other, told each other about our history, our trials and tribulations, our relationships with our family, our friends, our hopes and dreams, no alarm bells, a good foundation of trust and honesty etc etc.

So yeah, now we're in that awkward exclusive dating infatuation stage and it's pretty effing good. I honestly believe I'm punching above my weight with her and she thinks I'm not a piece of shit somehow. All it took to get to this stage was to just finally be happy with myself, learn to live a life of independence where you don't rely on anyone else for anything (ergo, not develop any co-dependant needs) and an assortment of other life lessons that teach you how to be the best person possible for a partner. Such as: not having shitty habits that can potentially be a negative impact on anyone you're sharing your life with (drugs, video games, depression) and making (what feels like but shouldn't) HUGE amounts of effort to put the other persons happiness first, but in a way where you're not sacrificing your own but coordinating efforts so that you're... both happy? if that makes sense?

Anyway, sorry for the rant. It's a whole bunch of shit I didn't really debrief myself on until I wrote it down, and reading it back and sharing it with my pals here really helps.

That apartment looks like some Australian opulence there, mate.

E: Really dude? That's who you lose your temper over who also got canned?

They're modern and it's a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom place, but DO NOT GET ME WRONG. They're SHIT apartments. Loungeroom is way too small, bedrooms moreso and the kitchen is a fucking kitchenette. Also there's a drug dealer that lives above us and the corner opposite our balcony has junkies dealing 24/7. The apartment block is an attempt at gentrifying the neighbourhood, which is somewhat working, but Footscray (the suburb) will always be Footscray.

Can we see your sheets?

They're fuckin' grotty and my pillowcases have eye holes cut out still from the last Australians For Trump Rally that I went to.

Ur already doxx'd, M8

Pls PM a burger to me.

Fuckin' doxx me and come have a burger with me lads. I dare you.

Calamari41

41 > 38
McDonald's isn't great, but it's perfect airport food. You know what you're going to get, you know you're going to get it instantly, and you can eat it while walking. A McMuffin is certainly better than some gas station quality sandwich from a kiosk. If you have time to sit down, great, but otherwise, Make Mine McDonald's (TM)

Edit: that's awesome Dastardly! Congrats!

When it comes to airports, I'd take McDonalds over Burger King any day. That's for certain. I had BK in LA and it was the most horrific thing I've ever put my mouth on. And I've sucked beer from ashtrays!

Bless you dstrdl, sounds like a keeper

Bloody oath. Keeper for sure. I'm in "don't fuck this up" mode but slightly more comfortable, relaxed and showing more of who I am. Whereas before I was trying way too hard to be normal, while staying true to myself. But as I came to realise that she's just as awkward and goofy as I am, then it became evident that our chemistry works. She makes me want to be a better person. Nobody has made me feel that way before.

Marvie_3

Banned

8bit.png

8bit-1.jpg

I need those burgers.

McDonald's breakfast is trash, straight up.
Most of it. Breakfast burritos are awesome.

the best breakfast is of course beer

it is also the best lunch and dinner
Theyre also nice to have in the shower.

Top Bottom