• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Koivu said he fully expects Lehkonen to take a spot on the team this season, and Koivu would never lie to us.

All I know is Canada had its best result with Crosby scratched.

Hopefully they come to their senses and do Taves next
What team does he play for?

Socreges

Banned
So Clinton calls 25% of Americans deplorable and hate-filled, which is accurate but unwise to say. Some Hillbots say it wasn't a mistake and in fact was smart and strategic. Clinton then apologizes. Some Hillbots insist she didn't actually apologize or, in fact, the initial comment and then retraction was part of a strategic long-game move.

There's nothing redeemable about this election cycle. Everyone's gone full retard. It's so fucking divisive that so many people, even those who should be on the 'righter' side of history, are reduced to ridiculous extremes to protect their candidate.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So Clinton calls 25% of Americans deplorable and hate-filled, which is accurate but unwise to say. Some Hillbots say it wasn't a mistake and in fact was smart and strategic. Clinton then apologizes. Some Hillbots insist she didn't actually apologize or, in fact, the initial comment and then retraction was part of a strategic long-game move.

There's nothing redeemable about this election cycle. Everyone's gone full retard. It's so fucking divisive that so many people, even those who should be on the 'righter' side of history, are reduced to ridiculous extremes to protect their candidate.

The election isnt about who's best for america, it's
About "us" vs "them"

Tabris

The election isnt about who's best for america, it's
About "us" vs "them"

Yeah. Not safe for me to post my political opinions in the current climate, even though I've been posting the same political opinions for 10+ years here.

So keeps me more focused on the sports threads to your guys' chagrin.

Stasis

Yeah. Not safe for me to post my political opinions in the current climate, even though I've been posting the same political opinions for 10+ years here.

Hey! You're still around. Please do post your political opinion of the US. And then I think we'd all like to know your opinion on the 2016/2017 Canucks. Or have you switched teams? I don't know. I don't follow this thread as much in the off-season. If you're switching I think Leafs-GAF or Habs-GAF could use a few more fans.

Anyway, I think I speak for all of us when I say: "welcome back!".

Edit: As an American / Canadian who hasn't been in the US for quite some time... I won't go in depth but I'm fucking terrified of a Trump presidency. For both countries. For the world. Don't love Hillz, but you know... The lesser evil. Anyway.

So how about them top goalies being rusty eh? Hank getting his October shit out now is perfect! This tournament is way more feisty than I expected.

Pikma

Banned
I never talk about politics because I'd get banned if I did, we Stars fans try to stay true to our team's homestate and be as racist as humanly possible

I'm obviously kidding, I'm definitely not kingslunk

PillarEN

Do the Stars still rock that theme song written by Pantera? If so you guys are still cool.

On the topic of politics, I'm pretty bummed out by the two (or more if you want to be literal) choices US citizens have. I'd much rather have a 3rd Obama term but I wouldn't go changing the term limit. Ideally, Trump doesn't win. Just a shame that it's more about making sure a person loses rather than hoping for a quality person to win instead.

Do the Stars still rock that theme song written by Pantera? If so you guys are still cool.
The stars will always be a stellar organization in my book. When I was a kind12 or something I went to Texas on vacation with my family and my dad told me to write a letter and ask about tickets and how we could book a couple.

Didnt get an answer in time but luckily it was easy to get them at the arena. However the stars sent me an awesome "we are sorry we couldnt help you" package with stars stuff like a mouse pad and pictures of players and some other things together with a handwritten letter. I thought it was the best thing ever. Had the pictures in my room next to my Hawks and random goalie posters.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm shocked as hell that I actually talk to people who want Trump to be president.

Had people last night telling me Trump should be president because Hiliary is super sick. And when I challenged that they went to everything Trump has said is him just trying to get votes. Him wanting to build the wall, him coming off racist, it's all just a ruse to get elected he won't end up actually being like that.

Just shaking my head.

I'm shocked as hell that I actually talk to people who want Trump to be president.

Had people last night telling me Trump should be president because Hiliary is super sick. And when I challenged that they went to everything Trump has said is him just trying to get votes. Him wanting to build the wall, him coming off racist, it's all just a ruse to get elected he won't end up actually being like that.

Just shaking my head.

The US Debates and Vice President debates should be fun

Deplorables people exist every election. Difference is Trump has them from the fringe to the head of his campaign. People like Bannon (CEO of Brietbart) as his campaign manager, another manager who assaulted a female journalist, another with ties to anti-American violence. Shit Rodger Ailes is advising him, the recently disgraced predator who ran Fox News. Trump embraces and gives a seat at the table to deplorable people. Honestly I'm disappointed she walked it back. We're back to coddling and worrying about the feelings of racists and bigots who's grand fear is being called out rather than having hateful views. His supporters need to made uncomfortable. Trump is already damaging this country, this election is damage control.

No Tabris those weren't opinions you had it was being completely fucking stupid and posting garbage.

Well it's both. But you choose your side and everything devolves into tribal/groupthink/believing brain bullshit.

There is some at the same time Trump is a different animal. He has no plan, no conviction. He has a narcissistic desire to be the strongest, toughest stance every time he speaks, which is why his policy is so fluid. He simply parrots the last person who advises him, shows no actual want to be informed. He's the chaos candidate. He is someone who has and still is defrauding people. Which is something that is actively dangerous.

Hillary while flawed I see her as more of an LBJ to Obama's JFK. The difference though in the choice is stark. At worst Hillary would be a bad one term president while with Trump (and I mean this earnestly) we'd be all be side characters in Fallout 5.

imBask

Banned
too many politics post on this page and none of them are really stroking Hillary's cock, you're going to lure them in, please stop

Calamari41

41 > 38
HillaryGAF is like the judge in Phoenix Wright. No matter what outlandish excuse a witness gives for a blatant gap in testimony, he always says "oh, well then, thank you for explaining it. I'm glad we cleared that up"

"Oh, she felt warm and decided to leave early because Chelsea had an appointment anyway. I'm glad she's OK!"

Cake Boss

Banned
CsCNkbNWAAAPzFg.jpg

What a satisfying picture.

Socreges

Banned
Deplorables people exist every election. Difference is Trump has them from the fringe to the head of his campaign. People like Bannon (CEO of Brietbart) as his campaign manager, another manager who assaulted a female journalist, another with ties to anti-American violence. Shit Rodger Ailes is advising him, the recently disgraced predator who ran Fox News. Trump embraces and gives a seat at the table to deplorable people. Honestly I'm disappointed she walked it back. We're back to coddling and worrying about the feelings of racists and bigots who's grand fear is being called out rather than having hateful views. His supporters need to made uncomfortable. Trump is already damaging this country, this election is damage control.

No Tabris those weren't opinions you had it was being completely fucking stupid and posting garbage.

There is some at the same time Trump is a different animal. He has no plan, no conviction. He has a narcissistic desire to be the strongest, toughest stance every time he speaks, which is why his policy is so fluid. He simply parrots the last person who advises him, shows no actual want to be informed. He's the chaos candidate. He is someone who has and still is defrauding people. Which is something that is actively dangerous.

Hillary while flawed I see her as more of an LBJ to Obama's JFK. The difference though in the choice is stark. At worst Hillary would be a bad one term president while with Trump (and I mean this earnestly) we'd be all be side characters in Fallout 5.
For the record, I don't disagree. The false equivalence stuff is frustrating. There are things I don't like about Clinton, but hey she'd be an acceptable President. Whatever. She is leagues better than the horror show alternative.

As for the deplorable stuff, her saying it was stupid. Walking it back was even worse. But it seems like most GE candidates for something similar. The temptation to condemn the others supporters is strong.

PillarEN

Mike Fisher is the Preds captain? That's very Michael Peca esque if you ask me. I like the guy though so I hope he serves the team well.

Mike Fisher is the Preds captain? That's very Michael Peca esque if you ask me. I like the guy though so I hope he serves the team well.
It feels like it was a tough choice and by picking Fisher they buy themselves some time while the younger players can develop and the pick can become easier.

Fisher being Captain is also a good publicity move for Nashville. Carrie Underwood's husband is the Captain of the hockey team in the capital city for Country Music?

Sign the checks already.

Uhmmmmm

That whole "Hillary is sick" bullshit was annoying but after what happened today, I'm rather disturbed. Might be something to it oO.

Oh god Trump is going to win won't be oh god

https://mobile.twitter.com/zgazda66/status/774993814025011200

(Headline is "Hillary having a "medical episodel at 9/11 ceremony")

She didn't go to a hospital and was outside to drain the life force of a child 2hrs later.

Personally it looked like some heat exhaustion.

Either way I'd vote for her on her deathbed over Trump. Even if she were frail one of our "strongest" leaders had polio and died in office. Reagan could barely walk while serving after being shot.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
She didn't go to a hospital and was outside to drain the life force of a child 2hrs later.

Personally it looked like some heat exhaustion.

Either way I'd vote for her on her deathbed over Trump. Even if she were frail one of our "strongest" leaders had polio and died in office. Reagan could barely walk while serving after being shot.

I agree that it looks like dizzyness and after her coughing a few days ago she's probably running a fever fighting off something and thus overheated.

BUT this gives credence to all the conspiracy nuts and that will only help Trump.

It's also much different to elect someone frail than someone becoming frail while in office.

Wish Obams could run again or it was Biden/Sanders. ALAS the world is stuck with two shitty candidates because the system is fucked.

People debating how 80F feels like in the Hillary thread lol

That Hillary thread is amazing, the Weekend at Bernie's photoshop killed me

I'm basically shitposting lol, but it is a point where the absurdity of the reactions have made the jokes and serious people converge.

I agree that it looks like dizzyness and after her coughing a few days ago she's probably running a fever fighting off something and thus overheated.

BUT this gives credence to all the conspiracy nuts and that will only help Trump.

It's also much different to elect someone frail than someone becoming frail while in office.

Wish Obams could run again or it was Biden/Sanders. ALAS the world is stuck with two shitty candidates because the system is fucked.

I mean we have to look at what the conspiracy is. What is this mystery disease that only has shown up in the last few months versus here very active and much longer primary than the GOP. I don't think this will help or hurt him TBH. It will give Alex Jones and co more stuff to go crazy over sure, but it will be more of satire moment than a serious one.
I also think we as a whole are being too generous to what is being said. Where is the point that we say, this doesn't hold up under scrutiny.

As for the primary, she ran a much better campaign and put together a stronger voting coalition to win, handily. It is the "system" that the best run campaign won. Biden on the other hand I love as VP but he is a dude that hasn't won a single primary, and is an actual centrist.

Top Bottom