• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Samyy

Considering how few OHL prospects we have left, i'm probably gonna have to put all my chips in his corner, lol

Well....worst case scenario you can watch Marner coast through every game with a 5 point night or something if he stupidly gets sent back?

Also Brooks Laich has truly embraced the dad role

Beaulieu and Emelin for Bieksa and Lindholm

StupidTrades.gif

... that suck you're health bar if you're in their radius.

creeper cmon

Jays game delayed because of excessive bees on the playing field >_>

giphy.gif

You guys remember when we were going to trade Barrie and Duchene, but we got rid of Roy instead? What a brilliant offseason.

Excited to see more of Bigras, Zadorov and Rantanen this season.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw the game in six recap for the Leafs rookies.

Nielsen...! HNGGGGGHHHHHH!

Kasamir didn't seem to play too well though the names on the sweaters in front of him I was thinking "who the fuck are these guys!?" so I can't put it all on him. Great to see them come back from being down 3 goals to win in in OT though and it was the 3rd game in 3 nights too. So nice to see our rookies doing well and being developed and highlighted nowadays instead of trading them and picks away.

Heretic

You guys remember when we were going to trade Barrie and Duchene, but we got rid of Roy instead? What a brilliant offseason.

Excited to see more of Bigras, Zadorov and Rantanen this season.

There were rumors we were going to get Mandeskog for Fowler too. Shame.

Quick

Banned
I'm having serious hockey withdrawal right now while I'm out of the country. No cable so I can't even watch ESPN for the World Cup and I've been too busy here to watch via streams.ve been catching up with highlights.

Also, NHL 17 was delivered already, so it's just sitting at my place or mailbox or something. As much as I might shit on EA NHL, that shit's my crack.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
@AzorcanGlobal

Have it from a very reliable source that #Oilers are talking with UFA Defenceman Kris Russell on a short term deal.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Not a single finnish player had a positive corsi differential

Not a single NA player had a negative corsi differential ( or a differential under +6 )

What a beat down

Unrelated but bracco is now 5'11 185 according to his granddad

Craig Button's September ranking of the top prospects for the 2017 draft are out.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's Craig Button and you can't put that much stock into it but it is incredibly awesome to see two Minnesotans in the top-10. Poehling and Mittlestadt are both legitimately great. Never got to watch Mismash (#16) play but heard he is pretty good.

Haven't had many 1st round talents the last few years aside from Skjei in 2012, Boeser in 2015, and Bellows and Tufte in 2016. But two in the top-10 and 3 or 4 in the first round would be fantastic.

EDIT: lol didn't see he had a "Players to watch" at the bottom. Oettinger and Reedy are both Minnesotans as well. That makes the top three Americans, and 5 out of the 9 total Americans listed, Minnesotans. Hell yeah.

Craig Button's September ranking of the top prospects for the 2017 draft are out.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's Craig Button and you can't put that much stock into it but it is incredibly awesome to see two Minnesotans in the top-10. Poehling and Mittlestadt are both legitimately great. Never got to watch Mismash (#16) play but heard he is pretty good.

Haven't had many 1st round talents the last few years aside from Skjei in 2012, Boeser in 2015, and Bellows and Tufte in 2016. But two in the top-10 and 3 or 4 in the first round would be fantastic.

EDIT: lol didn't see he had a "Players to watch" at the bottom. Oettinger and Reedy are both Minnesotans as well. That makes the top three Americans, and 5 out of the 9 total Americans listed, Minnesotans. Hell yeah.

There's another Strome kid?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Your obsession with players born in Minnesota is pretty similar to the Quebec obsession with French players being on the Habs.

pretty much

i'm not one to invoke intangibles but it's hard to explain these continual mental errors any other way. something is very wrong here.

I think it comes down to Bautista. The decline in every part of his game has been significant. Of all the areas Atkins addressed with his trades this year (which have all been pretty good), he wasn't able to bring in another reliable hitter to offset Batista's decreasing production. Thus they're left with a big personality guy who can't hit, can't field, and, from what we can tell, is in total denial about his ability.

That's not good for any team.

Even if they squeeze into the post-season this year, they're not doing anything. So I've started to look at 2017. No more Dickey/Thole! :D

calder

Hah I just read that article. Well, I tried, but the eye rolling got in the way.

Wiecek is terrible, and even for him it was a lazy article. I loved the way he blames "the fans" for making Sportsnet/him focus on a non-rivalry between two players who will rarely see each other.

Top Bottom