• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Foggy

Nice that team USA gets to make a quick exit and go back to preparing for the season. Hopefully they get those Commie Czechs to play soft for the last game.

imBask

Banned
so 91.9 sport fired Villeneuve because he refused to reveal his sources on the Pacioretty thing... eventhough the whole thing was pretty much confirmed by other journalists

I think it's safe to assume the team pressured them now

I don't understand how Therrien still has a job.

That Habs roster has some really solid pieces but between trading Subban, keeping Therrien, and trashing Patches I can't help but root against them now as silly as it is.

Razorskin

----- ------
I don't understand how Therrien still has a job.

That Habs roster has some really solid pieces but between trading Subban, keeping Therrien, and trashing Patches I can't help but root against them now as silly as it is.
They're waiting for Bill Dauterive to be fired so they can hire him.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
It's a fucking joke. Bergevin is just as terrible for allowing this to happen. I bet he praised the duck out of Desharnais.

imBask

Banned
Why isn't this bigger news.

it is but RDS will ignore it, because Therrien worked there... and RDS is one of the biggest source of information in Montreal

this is why this is all going to shit

EDIT: just look, the current top article on the matter on RDS is Francois Gagnon defending Pacioretty and Therrien

Cake Boss

Banned
Cs4jx1pWYAAaM26.jpg

Kave :(

calder

I have nothing against the Canadiens, but I *love* stupid front office dysfunction and media shitshows so I'm going to buckle in and enjoy the ride. Best of luck Habs-GAF! At least Price looks pretty damn good again!

Foggy

So has anyone had this happen? I cancelled NHL tv last year and they just charged me like I didn't cancel??

Yep, it happened to me. Just cancelled. Not sure what's up.

Fox Sports Ohio is streaming all Columbus games so I'm giving them a shot before doing NHL.tv + VPN again

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
so 91.9 sport fired Villeneuve because he refused to reveal his sources on the Pacioretty thing... eventhough the whole thing was pretty much confirmed by other journalists

I think it's safe to assume the team pressured them now
You actually believe that? Seems a little too tin foil hat for me, and as stupid as Therrien is I have a hard time believing he just sat at a table with a bunch of people and talked shit without realizing it would get out.

imBask

Banned
You actually believe that? Seems a little too tin foil hat for me, and as stupid as Therrien is I have a hard time believing he just sat at a table with a bunch of people and talked shit without realizing it would get out.

The Radio-Canada guy corroborated the story, so yeah at this point I think it's true tbh...

I listen to 91.9 pretty often, they talk about rumors and stuff way less reliable than that news report all the time, there's no way they would've fired Villeneuve without pressure from the team

Nah, I didn't bitch or anything. I just assumed I missed some fine print or something.

fuck I'm so broke it caused me to overdraft... which I thought I had overdraft protection on but I guess not... so I am down like 65$ now

I just read the fine print... I am a dumb dumb

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The Radio-Canada guy corroborated the story, so yeah at this point I think it's true tbh...

I listen to 91.9 pretty often, they talk about rumors and stuff way less reliable than that news report all the time, there's no way they would've fired Villeneuve without pressure from the team
There's been guys like Mathias Brunet who have denied it too, I don't buy that Molson went to the station and said "you need to fire this guy", that's not how things work.

This is just like every other season with the media running wild with garbage tabloid shit, the only difference is Patcioretty is at the World Cup getting lit up by Tortorella and everyone has a hard on for hating Patches after last season. You really think it's a coincidence this story comes out right after Torts makes those comments on him?

Top Bottom