• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

zroid

Banned
watching an OHL game and I heard the commentator compare a guy he called a "smooth skating defenceman" to Dion Phaneuf

I'm still laughing

watching an OHL game and I heard the commentator compare a guy he called a "smooth skating defenceman" to Dion Phaneuf

I'm still laughing

tumblr_nm5k80X53f1rxq8guo2_1280.jpg

what?

giving up hope on being able to re-sign him already?

Nah dopester he will bring the cup for me to drink many beers from and let it flow onto my chest and seep down my body in exuberant liquids cooling my skin while my nipples are pleased with alcohol and ghostly premonitions

Curufinwe

I checked CapFriendly and did the math:

Salary cap = $73,000,000
Leafs cap hit = $73,827,000

Leafs will get room for their $827,000 overage by placing Horton ($5,300,000) on LTIR

Performance bonus ceiling = $73,000,000 + 7.5% = $78,475,000
Leafs potential performance bonuses = $3,700,000
Leafs cap hit + perf bonus = $77,527,000

So they should have a little less than $1M clearance under the performance bonus ceiling

A+ for all your posts on the Leafs cap situation.

Most of these guys will only be going on IR and all that does is free up a roster spot. So even if there was something dodgy going on with Lupul, it's not like Toronto is getting some big advantage.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
A+ for all your posts on the Leafs cap situation.

Most of these guys will only be going on IR and all that does is free up a roster spot. So even if there was something dodgy going on with Lupul, it's not like Toronto is getting some big advantage.

This may change a bit if Cowen is bought out. We find out in a week or two if he's being bought out or not.

If he is, biggest issues Leafs has is related to contracts. A couple solid but not great prospects will likely hit waivers. (Froese and Corrado... looking at you) possibly leivo, too. They need to remove a contract to save him, IMO. I doubt they want Soshnikov in the minors this year.

calder

Watched a bit of the TSN draft preview for next year. Seems like a down year, definitely from the last couple. Nolan Patrick should be a solid player but wouldn't have been a top 5 last year. So hopefully the Jets aren't in draft lottery position in December this year. :p

zroid

Banned
I overheard that the ACC crowd was doing a Kessel chant tonight for USA vs CZE

hold me, Leafs-Age!!! 😢😢😢

yyzjohn

Banned
cmon yyzjohn let's hug it out, just admit that Lou is worst than Sean Murray and let's put all of this behind us

Oh I still love you buddy. You're like a kid brother who needs to get noogies from time to time but in the end I'd be there to support you. Corey Price all the way in the World Cup!

Cake Boss

Banned
Wow Mr robot season 2 is the biggest garbage to follow up an amazing season I have ever seen. That's the widest gap of quality I have ever seen holy fuck way to fuck up a good show.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I hate that I figured out the plot twist to the first season of mr robot halfway through the season

I just couldn't keep watching it after that

iLLmAtlc

team USA in a nutshell

Somehow, while operating under the notion that his team was already short on talent against Canada, Lombardi and his management team of Brian Burke and Paul Holmgren widened the gap by leaving players with more talent off the roster.

Top Bottom