• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

my new flyers win gif

it's very big, very obnoxious and has very little payoff, you may as well post this

CoWZ05t.gif

Quick

Banned
I just checked my Uber passenger rating, I'm a 4.8 right now. I kind of wish there was specific feedback like I get for drivers, but ultimately I don't since I'd get really self-conscious about it.

On that note, I've been using Uber a lot during my trip. It's seriously been very convenient and affordable. Super annoying the one time I ordered an Uber Black and got screwed over when the driver started the trip without me, but I got that money back ASAP.

I know it's early as hell to even contemplate, but does anyone have a pick for the SCF already?

I sat in my room and heavily contemplated this. I then visited a monk who offered to share the secrets of the universe with me, but I asked him instead this very question.

After an hour or so of learning real crazy monk shit, I decided to invade a children's party.

I stuck the logo of each team on the pin the tail on the donkey game and blindfolded myself, allowing my newfound monk powers to guide me. I stuck the pin out and walked towards the board to pin said tail on said donkey, and I was actually off the mark as I took my blindfold off and pinned the tail on some kid instead.

As I ran off, I thought to myself, "what would Marvie or Line say?"

"Something stupid," the monk who trained me said through his mystical, stereotypical way.

Now I'm here to answer the question that has been brewing in Dastardly's mind:

It's anyone's guess. There are certainly teams that may seem like a lock, but you've also got dark hose picks that could really make this season interesting.

Marvie_3

Banned
I sat in my room and heavily contemplated this. I then visited a monk who offered to share the secrets of the universe with me, but I asked him instead this very question.

After an hour or so of learning real crazy monk shit, I decided to invade a children's party.

I stuck the logo of each team on the pin the tail on the donkey game and blindfolded myself, allowing my newfound monk powers to guide me. I stuck the pin out and walked towards the board to pin said tail on said donkey, and I was actually off the mark as I took my blindfold off and pinned the tail on some kid instead.

As I ran off, I thought to myself, "what would Marvie or Line say?"

"Something stupid," the monk who trained me said through his mystical, stereotypical way.

Now I'm here to answer the question that has been brewing in Dastardly's mind:

It's anyone's guess. There are certainly teams that may seem like a lock, but you've also got dark hose picks that could really make this season interesting.
No u

Foggy

It's definitely not. If you go look through his twitter likes it's trump city man.

I think my brain just shut down when I read this quote.

“Money is not my issue. I thought it sounded like a real jolly good time.”

Total insanity. I can handle people having shitty opinions, but funding this shit is beyond unacceptable. So much for getting Oculus Touch.

To think that VR could go into complete hibernation over Valve's ambivalence, dank memes, and Sony's patented shitty support of new hardware. Crazy.

VR is DOA anyways, IMO.
maybe, and quite possibly. I think it doesnt help that PSVR and rift arent really presenting anything that special, while Vive is but doing so at a major premium and larger room requirements.

I'd love to see it catch on in the mainstream as the prices go down, as the experiences on the vive are completely unparalleled.

I wish I had $1200 to spend on tech demos
I'm sorry for your canadian currency

Solo

Almost time for another season where Carey Price will be good enough to get the Habs to the second round and thus keeping our inept ass clown management in power for another year. It was fun seeing another gutless, lazy performance at the WC from the worst captain in Habs history. Wait, did I just agree with Michel Therrien?

Solo

Let's be honest too, the first time AGally has 2 straight bad games he'll be sent to 2nd line LW and replaced with DD instead of letting him get his required growing pains in at 1C.

Same shit, different year. I am mostly interested to see how Radulov works out.

Quick

Banned
If you guys still have your college/university emails active, just sign up for Amazon Student (ask me for a code). Six months free 2-day shipping and half-priced Prime after.

Quick

Banned
Oh shit. Good looking out fam.

And it may be different now, but it asked me when I was graduating while I was signing up for it, and I basically put it to the maximum allowable year on the drop down list. I have half-priced Prime until I think 2017 or 2018.

To think that VR could go into complete hibernation over Valve's ambivalence, dank memes, and Sony's patented shitty support of new hardware. Crazy.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a single after-launch peripheral that ended up getting decent support other than arguably the original dual-shock and the rumble pack, but I don't think either of those are comparable to VR.

maybe, and quite possibly. I think it doesnt help that PSVR and rift arent really presenting anything that special, while Vive is but doing so at a major premium and larger room requirements.

I'd love to see it catch on in the mainstream as the prices go down, as the experiences on the vive are completely unparalleled.

Part of the long-term problem VR is going to have is that it's so much more hardware intensive, it's always going to look like a poor cousin to the on-screen games.

Who knows in ten years, but I can't see VR taking off in the next five, especially (as you said) because of the price point.

Quick

Banned
I'm really indifferent to VR right now. Nothing about it appeals to me, and that tech is probably going to be outdated pretty quickly anyway.

Not that I'm against the tech though.

Foggy

Part of the long-term problem VR is going to have is that it's so much more hardware intensive, it's always going to look like a poor cousin to the on-screen games.

Who knows in ten years, but I can't see VR taking off in the next five, especially (as you said) because of the price point.

If and when foveated rendering becomes viable, hardware and cost concerns diminish rapidly. That's the next horizon.

It's good to go through the growing pains now. Even if the tech and price were "ready", experimentation and maturation in VR game design needs time to percolate. The idea is that price, hardware, and software will converge by the time all 3 are ready. Software simply can't get to where it needs to be without the growing pains.

yea its a tough sell as it is. I'm single and have my own house. So tossing end tables onto the couch and drilling holes into the wall to mount shit didnt bother me. Add in that I already had plenty capable computers and it wasnt hard for me to get going. Just had to be willing to shell out $800 for the headset.

Everyone I have shown it to absolutely loves it. It really is the most impressive piece of gaming tech I've ever used. Everything wrong with motion tracking with wii and PSmove completely vanishes. It remains and insane feeling to see your controller in the headset and easily reach out and pick it up despite being unable to see your arm.

However despite all the people who I had try it loving it none of them own one themselves. Most couldnt afford it. Even those that already have gaming computers fully capable fine the $800 a hard sell. Or even the one who could afford it and wants one, has nowhere in his house he can set it up.

Still everyone should try it. Even if you cant own it yourself its something you have to try.

Top Bottom