• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

That's cool dastardly

It was a really cool sports story too.

The Western Bulldogs haven't won a flag since 1954. They were the Toronto Maple Leafs of the AFL. Their veteran captain tore his ACL at the start of the season and they ended up 7th on the ladder before the Finals. They were always the underdog and always the beloved team. They overcame INCREDIBLE odds to win it. And to add to it - their minor league VFL team won the premiership this year too.

I seriously urge any sports fan to have a read of it. It's remarkable stuff.

You don't need to worry about it. It peaked back in June and anyone who still earnestly posts Harambe memes is just dryhumping a dead horse. Or gorilla as it were.

It is incredible how many EASHL teams have Harambe references still. In either the club name itself or as players with the name Harambe.

It's beyond dead.

PillarEN

The whole Harambe meme was just too ironic and way too popular. When celebrities that you know are oblivious to memes in general latch onto a meme, it's time to let it die.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Lapierre takes a penalty (though probably saves a goal in the process, not that it matters in the end). Girardi gets hit in the leg with a shot AGAIN and then watches the power play goal go in past him. Good work, boys.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The new MSG network graphics are freaking me out a bit

They're weird, right? Not sure I like it. They have new theme music and shit this year, too, and I definitely don't like that compared to what they had.

That's the same sort of defensive breakdown we saw all the time last year. I think it was Fast out of position that time. He knows better. Can't help but notice that Girardi was out there again for that one too.

EDIT: Brady Skjei salvaging a near disaster there by Gilmour. Nice to see.

The whole Harambe meme was just too ironic and way too popular. When celebrities that you know are oblivious to memes in general latch onto a meme, it's time to let it die.

As soon as sports celebrities are in on a meme - it's done. Sports celebs are absolute plebs when it comes to taste and keeping up to date with anything outside of their given sport. Some CHL player wore a RIP HARAMBE shirt at the Memorial Cup parade and it was cringe af.

I'd narc against Perry (scumbag), Getzlaf (bald head), Pronger (cheap shot artist) liking Ducks fans. But it's hard to to narc on The Cure fans. They're one of the best bands ever and I finally get to see them this month.

Getzlaf can't control the balding though.

And yes, The Cure rules.

You're a Heretic fan 4 life. (Let's Go Ducks)

You just gotta find the right dance partners here. When in doubt, mock Canadian teams. Never mock Anaheim. The OC is serious business and they overwhelm you with gifs and carne asada fries.

Re list: Dubbed needs to be with Florida and Gunstar with the Perds

fuck it, add queso to Arizona too.

Our GIFs can be overwhelming. Maybe this is the year we find something else. (But what a waste of our carefully curated GIFs)

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Preds are about to play Tampa Bay. They are apparently running with:

Forsberg-Johansen-Fiala
Wilson-Fisher-Aberg
Salomaki-Ribeiro-Neal
Gaudreau-Sissons-Bass

Subban-Ekholm
Bitetto-Weber
Girard-Granberg

The D pairings don't mean much with Ellis and Josi not playing. Interested in seeing how Fiala does, though.

[Edit] Oops, new thread lol

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Missed the game, but Sens lost to a Habs team where the most experienced defensemen had 13 games in the NHL, and all our scoring was done by our 4th line.

:lol :lol

Quick

Banned
yes but do we have any crying GIFs?

(I know we do, I just want them at the ready)

giphy.gif

Socreges

Banned
Frankly I'm not sure bishoptl deserves to keep his spot on the list. Grandfather the dude in but I'm not so sure he's still got the love :/

More that he's just moved on from the community years ago but I choose to guilt him

Top Bottom