• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Foggy

Holy shit. I had no idea Yakupov was a Muslim.

I... have no idea who Faksa is. And I kept forgetting Ryan Murray exists too...

Sorry Foggy - that says more about me than him.

Honestly, perfectly reasonable.

Good rookie season. Injured almost all of his 2nd season. And then last year happened. So yeah. He did mesh well with Seth Jones so it looks like they're committed to that top line. Most fans are ready to say he's a bust if he can't have a breakout season when paired with Jones.

Yawnier

Banned
Ryan Murray is the Joffrey Lupul of defencemen

At least he isn't as bad as Griffin Reinhart tho. It's hilarious seeing Oilers fans turn on him since that trade at the draft last year.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Let's all laugh at USA Today.

qROl85A.jpg

Imokaywiththis.jpg

The Leafs would have to be pretty pathetic to only get 2 more points than they had last season. I mean they tried to suck last season and made moves to get the team to be worse. If they're not at least 10-15 points better than last year, it'll be a huge disappointment.

Haven't Leafs fans yet accepted disappointment as their only way of life?

Yawnier

Banned
Haven't Leafs fans yet accepted disappointment as their only way of life?

Pretty much

But he isn't wrong. I'm not expecting them to make the playoffs but having only a 2 point improvement upon last years team with the talent being injected into the lineup this season would be a disaster.

Socreges

Banned
My joke was that Creeper simply started naming people who are Muslim, not a joke against Kadri

Who cares if dude's Muslim?

A hockey player is a hockey player first and foremost. All that matters, really.
To be fair, much of the world does. If his name was Mohammed Yakupov, trust that he would be perceived very, very differently in the hockey world. So it's fascinating to me that he's Muslim (also: being Muslim within Russia). I don't otherwise give a shit and he remains the exact same person but your plea for everyone to ignore important characteristics of a person seems naive to me.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Gomez joining the NHL Network as an analyst which actually seems.........like a great idea?

Top Bottom