• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

This is what I saw posted:

A54oIAU.jpg

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The draft would be fun to watch if they didn't leak a lot (or all) of the signings beforehand.

will be a lot of trades so there will be supplemental players we don't know about

@JSportsnet

Griffen Reinhart is the Oiler going to the Desert. #ExpansionDraft

zroid

Banned
man it is really hard to contextualize some of these choices until we know if there are other assets involved

because why the fuck would you take Emelin and Reinhart otherwise

...and Sbisa???

Ottawa people: I might be stopping by for a couple of days in a month. I'm looking at a few places on Airbnb and they all clam to be walking distance to Parliament Hill from just south of it or from Byward Market.

Is the city/area actually that walkable? I'm narrowing down my stay to around Byward Market or along Sussex Drive.

I didn't see if anyone answered this, but it's very easy to get around downtown Ottawa by foot. I'd even go as far as saying it's very. Walkable.

calder

Yesterday: McPhee might be a fucking genius, so many deals for extra picks

Today: McPhee sure looks like a guy making decisions based on vague recollections of how guys were in 2014

Solo

If Emelin is indeed gone I see BargainBin going for Scandella or someone like that and basically toss his cap hit onto another d-man.

Kifimbo

If Emelin is indeed gone I see BargainBin going for Scandella or someone like that and basically toss his cap hit onto another d-man.

Outside of the physical game, Scandella is a better player than Emelin in pretty much every category. And he is younger.

Samyy

GMGM gonna GMGM

He better be getting a ton of picks/prospects for the not picking teams good players otherwise...that is a big pile of shit

Solo

Outside of the physical game, Scandella is a better player than Emelin in pretty much every category. And he is younger.

Oh, I wasn't saying it was a bad thing or ripping on BargainBin (this time). Just saying I think that's what he is planning to help shore up the D. Because right now Habs have great goaltending, probably above average wingers with the Drouin addition, but putrid centre depth and defense. So obviously those 2 things need to be addressed*.

*although he has utterly failed to land a centre for 5 years so I'm not gonna hold my breath on that one.

calder

Carolina has Ward or Lack available, and Winnipeg has Hutchinson, no?

Holy shit I'd laugh if they took Hutchinson. It would be a pick at least as bad as Deryk Engelland - and that's a pick so bad I literally can't believe it unless the Flames included a first rounder.

Dano is a solid middle 6 guy who hasn't ever quite shown what he's capable of. He got hurt a bit early on here and couldn't get ice time over some of the other wingers. Good underlying stats but hasn't scored much since his rookie year. I think he'd be very solid for the Knights, but keep in mind he's 22 years old and the Knights would be his fourth NHL team so he seems to not inspire a lot of confidence in his coaches.

Foggy

It's bitter to lose Bill Karlsson over Calvert, but as long as the deal is 1st+mediocre prospect+Clarkson+Karlsson then I can live with it. It'll only feel bad if Jarmo cocks up the guy he grabs in free agency or trades with the extra cap space.

Hmmmm looks like the NHL 18 cover does NOT feature a Maple Leaf.

A bit odd to feature them in aaaaall the advertising to this point and not throw them on the cover. I'll bet Crosby or Karlsson.

Top Bottom