• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

yyzjohn

Banned
No why? It's being reported that Vegas will/Might take Emelin over Davidson/ Plekanec

There's no "will/might" anymore, they've already drafted this morning at 10am.

According to McKenzie seems like it is Emelin since he tweeted:

@TSNBobMcKenzie

But it's my understanding flip deals involving external 3rd team - say VGK trading Methot or Emelin - are likely to wait until freeze lifts.

Reckheim

Like I said when the protected list came out, I'm almost certain they'll take Dano from the Jets. Given the Jets want to try to keep Enstrom, Dano is the best player Vegas can take from Winnipeg.

Hoping Dano is picked by Vegas as well, he'd probably end up getting a lot more playing time with them as well.

calder

Glad the Jets seem to have done right by Toby. As long as it's a third or second round pick, worth it to keep Armia, Perreault and Lowry.

First day back at work after 6 days off, really struggling to find the energy to do anything. Thank god Snet compiled this Top 10 Laine plays video. <3 <3

PillarEN

I don't know. Word is that Detroit has a bit of an issue with Mrazek's attitude. Maybe they left him open without caring if he's picked up.

Reckheim

I don't know. Word is that Detroit has a bit of an issue with Mrazek's attitude. Maybe they left him open without caring if he's picked up.

Attitude or no, he has some decent value regardless if he is with Vegas or Detroit.

I may be wrong but I don't think Vegas is dumb enough to pass on him for free.

Yawnier

Banned
Interesting.

Also Kings are losing Brayden McNabb to Vegas

Would not mind if Lou went after him
Like I said when the protected list came out, I'm almost certain they'll take Dano from the Jets. Given the Jets want to try to keep Enstrom, Dano is the best player Vegas can take from Winnipeg.

Dano could still be a decent player imo. It seems like he hasn't been given much of a chance at the NHL level since Columbus traded him 2 years ago, his groovy stats are also decent.
Or Grubauer.

Please take Grubauer.

Friedman alluded to in his 30 thoughts article that McPhee is going to take Nate Schmidt from you guys

Sorry Caps fans

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Larry Brooks&#8207; @NYP_Brooksie 7m 7 minutes ago

Can tell you that Vegas has NOT selected Antti Raanta from Rangers...
Oh no...

EDIT:
Frank Seravalli&#8207; @frank_seravalli 4m4 minutes ago
Frank Seravalli Retweeted Larry Brooks
Believe Oscar Lindberg is the guy from NYR. Not sure if that meant NYR made a deal to keep Raanta or not. We shall see.
...I see you, Vegas. Cheeky bastards. Still better than losing Fast, but this now makes trading Stepan extremely difficult. Center depth could help absorb the loss of Step with Lindberg on the roster, not so much without him.

Marvie_3

Banned
Dano could still be a decent player imo. It seems like he hasn't been given much of a chance at the NHL level since Columbus traded him 2 years ago, his groovy stats are also decent.
He was done in Chicago for halfassing it to the bench on a change once. Q never really played him after that. Meanwhile Rozsival was still getting plenty of ice time.

This is the fault of the Dr. Seuss looking dude on TSN saying that loud and proud.

Holy shit :lol

latest

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Larry Brooks&#8207; @NYP_Brooksie 2m 2 minutes ago
Can confirm that Oscar Lindberg will be going to Vegas in the expansion draft.
Truly can't believe they left Raanta on the table. I guess they're all in on the idea of Fleury as their long term #1. That's a bold move.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If they're not picking Raanta (for picks) or Mrazek (for picks), does that mean they'll pick Lou instead of Marchessault (for picks)?

that's a lot of deelin' and wheelin' there, jesus

I guess they could also pick Lack or Ward off the 'Canes

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
If they're not picking Raanta (for picks) or Mrazek (for picks), does that mean they'll pick Lou instead of Marchessault (for picks)?

that's a lot of deelin' and wheelin' there, jesus

I guess they could also pick Lack or Ward off the 'Canes

The word was the Rangers didn't have a deal with Vegas and didn't try to make one. Whether that's actually true or not, though, we'll just have to see. For Vegas' sake I would certainly hope that the Rangers gave them a reason to not take Raanta.

Solo

TSN is running a blog with expected picks:

Nashville Predators: F James Neal
Pittsburgh Penguins: G Marc-Andre Fleury
Ottawa Senators: D Marc Methot
Toronto Maple Leafs: F Brendan Leipsic
Los Angeles Kings: D Brayden McNabb
New York Islanders: G Jean-Francois Berube
New York Rangers: F Oscar Lindberg
Philadelphia Flyers: F Pierre-Edouard Bellemare

ryan299

Engelland is going according to John Shannon. Man the NHL Is really bad at events. Tonight is going to be pointless with the ways things are going at the moment lol

zroid

Banned
GMGM is either trolling or he's going to have like 15 1st round picks this year... and maybe a bunch more next year

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Engelland is going according to John Shannon. Man the NHL Is really bad at events. Tonight is going to be pointless with the ways things are going at the moment lol

because players need to be notified

and that means agents

and family

so it's hard to keep this tight lipped

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Elliotte Friedman&#8207; @FriedgeHNIC 3m3 minutes ago

Hear CLB player is indeed William Karlsson. FLA appears to be Jonathan Marchessault. LV has also apparently acquired a haul of draft picks.

Marvie_3

Banned
GMGM is either trolling or he's going to have like 15 1st round picks this year... and maybe a bunch more next year
I was playing a franchise in NFL 2K5 and by the time I was done tearing my team down to rebuild I had 10 of the first 12 picks in the draft. :lol

Top Bottom