• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
What's Cakey's source? Florida would have to give up a lot to not have Marchessault picked.

Does that mean Vegas is getting LOUUUUUUUUUUUU?

Cake Boss

Banned
What's Cakey's source? Florida would have to give up a lot to not have Marchessault picked.

Does that mean Vegas is getting LOUUUUUUUUUUUU?

@TSNBobMcKenzie: It was suggested to me FLA's deal with VGK MAY actually be for Vegas to end up acquiring both Marchessault and Rielly Smith (also exposed).

For this one? It's Bob Mackenzie's Twitter.

zroid

Banned
Demers is a nice player but Vegas is going to have enough nice D-men to choose from anyway. The top 6 forwards will be much slimmer pickings. Must be quite a deal to keep them away from a 25+ goalscorer.

so what is it, one guys says NOT marchessault and one guy (and Bob >>> other guy) says Marchessault+?

To be fair Bobo goes to there from
@TSNBobMcKenzie: Presumption of course is that the FLA deal would be to get VGK to lay off taking Marchessault for an asset. But what if it's the opposite?

Which I took as a more speculative tone regarding the 2 picks. Still not resting easy if Smith is take. And IMO he is more important than Marchassault.

Curufinwe

Neutral doctor then?

Also there was no risk when signed of this. The nhl made it a problem with their retroactive nonsense
What if during a 6 year contract at a reasonable rate the player busts his spine and his career is over. Should the team pay the player? yes. Do I think their cap should be penalized? No.

At the least I see no problem using the LTIR

LTIR is helpful, but also kind of a pain in the ass to deal with. That's why Boston and Philly got rid of Savard and Pronger as soon as they could.

Quick

Banned
Kinda warming up to the Devils jersey.

Looks better with equipment. But still would've been better to just copy their previous jersey.

DC0KA1GUQAA3srE.jpg

Demers is a nice player but Vegas is going to have enough nice D-men to choose from anyway. The top 6 forwards will be much slimmer pickings. Must be quite a deal to keep them away from a 25+ goalscorer.

On the RHD, not really. Especially ones with money. If they don't get Alzner Demers is top 3 available choices

Kinda warming up to the Devils jersey.

Looks better with equipment. But still would've been better to just copy their previous jersey.

DC0KA1GUQAA3srE.jpg

One thing I'm really liking about all the new jerseys is any team with a different colour on their shoulders now has it cut off higher instead of going down the arm a bit. New Jersey did it and so did Boston and STL I think.

Solo

People on HFBoards Montreal seriously think Vegas will take Plekanec. They are in for a rude awakening when it's Davidson or DLR.

zroid

Banned
apparently tonight only the actual picks are going to be announced, not the true roster after all the trades and such are finalized

that is stupid as hell, half the players announced won't even be relevant to the team

McPhee's asking prince to not take Methot was apparently just stupid. 1st to not take Methot, and still leaving Claesson open.

1st + Claesson for Methot...yea

Silexx

It is what it is, but it must suck for Marc considering not only his he and his fiancee from Ottawa, they are expecting a child soon and to top it all off, today is Methot's birthday.

imBask

Banned
Cake Bro if I were to spend a day (as in just 1) in Ottawa next week, what should I visit? I love too just walk around usually

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger 4m 4 minutes ago

Unsure who the Winnipeg Jets are losing in expansion, but I believe the Jets made a deal with VGK to not take veteran Toby Enstrom.

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger 4m 4 minutes ago

Unsure who the Winnipeg Jets are losing in expansion, but I believe the Jets made a deal with VGK to not take veteran Toby Enstrom.

Like I said when the protected list came out, I'm almost certain they'll take Dano from the Jets. Given the Jets want to try to keep Enstrom, Dano is the best player Vegas can take from Winnipeg.

Top Bottom