• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Alzner was interviewed about his UFA process and made this comment

You want to know how far off the organization is from winning. You want to see what they're doing to try to put all of the pieces together. Obviously not getting Radulov back is a big hit, but it frees up a little bit to make some moves and try and figure out what pieces need to be added as the season goes on.

”I wanted to know that and it sounds like everything is going in the right direction. They have their eye on a couple of pieces that are going to help the team. And then obviously locking up Carey Price is a huge step because he's one of the best goalies in the league and one of the best ones we've seen in a long time.

Kind of a curious comment to make.

Habs apparently made a $1.5M offer to Mark Streit

My only hope now is that Markov retires instead of going to play somewhere else, which wouldn't surprise me
Where'd you see this?

Habs legend Sergei Gonchar
Completely forget this ever happened lol

Syrinx

I'm watching NHL Network and they're interviewing Slavin about his deal. He's doing it from the driver seat of his parked car.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Anyone here have a Rift? I saw the new deal and I'm tempted to grab one, I just have no idea what I need for it. I have a really shitty laptop, I use my iPad for most things, does that matter at all?

Quick

Banned
Actually watching the ESPYs right now. They go from a speech from a former serviceman receiving an award to segue to Dunkirk.

Way to kill the moment.

zroid

Banned
I just saw an ad on GAF for 7/11 hot wings, 10 for $7.

I am in utter disbelief at the missed opportunity to sell 11 for $7. somebody fucked up.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone here have a Rift? I saw the new deal and I'm tempted to grab one, I just have no idea what I need for it. I have a really shitty laptop, I use my iPad for most things, does that matter at all?

A friend lent me his recently. It is pretty sweet, but still feels like tech demos. Star Trek is pretty cool though.

Also I don't think it would work with your laptop.

Revenant

if your laptop can be considered "shitty" it won't run a rift.

frankly i got to use a Vive at a friends house and while it's really cool it's still not worth the price of admission alone. Not to mention if you even have the room for a VR set.

I'm really optimistic on VR going forward since the tech is actually there and will only get better but it very much reminds me of the phrase about owning a boat. "The best boat to have is your friends boat" (or something like that.)

so make some friends jerk.

Thoughts on Pettersson and Dahlen? Think they'll do well in the SHL? Assuming Dahlen follows Pettersson

Article hyping Gaudette. Will be interesting to see how he does without his linemates, especially Aston-Reese.
Sadly I have barely seen them, the team I follow is in the first league so I barely watch second league hockey.

Most of the good players come through the clubs in the first league since most of the clubs with good Systems for combining high school with hockey is in the first league. But there are still plenty of good players that have come out of the second league and I cant think of anyone that had such a season pointwise as Elias Petterson had before being drafted.

Filip Forsberg had some good seasons in the second league and so did Patrik Berglund (apparently this is ages ago now, feels recently though).

There is no reason that they shouldnt be top players in the SHL team they end up in. And especially if Dahlén also joins Växsjö. The problem with juniors in SHL is usually that they have a hard time to get the right minutes (PP time etc) but once you have proven what they have done it should be a done deal.

Boqvist was one of the top prospects in SHL that had an extremely hard time to get minutes in the start of the year but as the injuries came he really earned his spot and next year I hope he tales Oskar Lindbloms spot as the a junior on the first line. But some of the players that have a hard time to get minutes so to develop way better getting bad minutes in mens team compared to doing great in juniors.

My big concern with Rogle has been that he won't get enough minutes to play and develop. Mark Hunter was saying in a draft interview how he went to scout Liljegren in the past year for a SHL game and he only played one shift for like 40 seconds and his ass was stapled to the bench for the rest of the game.
yeah that is different thing. I had just assumed that his problems were realated to his sickness but if the management isnt high on him that can be a big problem. But breaking out as a Young defender can be tough. Even Rasmus Dahlén sometimes is set a side when it gets rough.

Behind a paywell, but Dellow basically says that if you're a defenseman and still playing in the AHL at the Age of 21, you're sitting at less than a 10% chance of being a Top 4 D. Obviously exceptions exist in that 10% (Muzzin, Byfuglien, Hjalmarsson) but the amount of 1st round busts in the list was staggering. Not great news for the Morin, Mueller and Bigras's of the world.

https://theathletic.com/74599/2017/...in-young-defencemen-and-nhl-use-of-analytics/

Hmm, Jordan Subban is 22.

Socreges

Banned
Sadly I have barely seen them, the team I follow is in the first league so I barely watch second league hockey.

Most of the good players come through the clubs in the first league since most of the clubs with good Systems for combining high school with hockey is in the first league. But there are still plenty of good players that have come out of the second league and I cant think of anyone that had such a season pointwise as Elias Petterson had before being drafted.

Filip Forsberg had some good seasons in the second league and so did Patrik Berglund (apparently this is ages ago now, feels recently though).

There is no reason that they shouldnt be top players in the SHL team they end up in. And especially if Dahlén also joins Växsjö. The problem with juniors in SHL is usually that they have a hard time to get the right minutes (PP time etc) but once you have proven what they have done it should be a done deal.

Boqvist was one of the top prospects in SHL that had an extremely hard time to get minutes in the start of the year but as the injuries came he really earned his spot and next year I hope he tales Oskar Lindbloms spot as the a junior on the first line. But some of the players that have a hard time to get minutes so to develop way better getting bad minutes in mens team compared to doing great in juniors.

yeah that is different thing. I had just assumed that his problems were realated to his sickness but if the management isnt high on him that can be a big problem. But breaking out as a Young defender can be tough. Even Rasmus Dahlén sometimes is set a side when it gets rough.
Yeah, should be interesting to see what minutes Pettersson gets.

Hopefully future Canuck Dahlin also gets good minutes!

Hmm, Jordan Subban is 22.
I have no faith he'll make the NHL. I basically have disregarded him as a prospect for the last 2 or 3 seasons.

Cactus

Banned
Its my birthday today 🎉 Woo

Happy birthday creeper!!

ovrwx.gif

Cake Boss

Banned
That opening paragraph.

Every summer, GM Marc Bergevin seems determined to narrow the Canadiens’ championship window, which now seems to be all about Carey Price and how far he can carry a withering roster.

🔥🔥

Interesting thoughts from Friedman today:

I’ve said a million times that I believe John Tavares’s first choice is to stay with the Islanders. But, if he does decide to leave, why do I have visions of him taking less money to play in Tampa Bay

👀

When I speculated a couple of weeks ago that a Kings-Senators deal involving Dustin Brown and Dion Phaneuf made sense because the money is almost even, I think I guessed the wrong L.A. player. More likely, they were discussing Marian Gaborik.

Lol WAT

zroid

Banned
Tavares going to Tampa would be amazing. I hope it happens.

Tavares and Stamkos on the same team 🔥🔥🔥

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

tbf i did not expect them to sign marleau

that contract kind of fucked our flexibility

was aligned... now it's not

Hard to imagine signing Tavares when we just signed Johnson to seven years and a NTC.

also you have palat to sign... tampa has some rough cap issues which won't be easy to navigate... and if tavares is signed long term... kucherov comes up the year after

Top Bottom