• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

The ACC is shit for atmosphere. The fan engagement seems about equal to other rinks I've been to tbh. I think you have a good point with how baseball engages fans during the downtimes better; but on the flip side, hockey is so fast that there is very little in-game downtime to account for.

imBask

Banned
Everyone's complaining about Despacito being overplayed, yet the only times i've ever heard that song was in memes complaining about Despacito being overplayed

Quick

Banned
Everyone's complaining about Despacito being overplayed, yet the only times i've ever heard that song was in memes complaining about Despacito being overplayed

Same lol

Well, I also had it on my playlist like two months ago, but that was the original version anyway.

RC

Banned

Oh, that Spanish song.

I've heard it on the radio maybe once this week.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
In some "fuck you, it's July" news, Nicklas Jensen has signed with Jokerit, and New York Rangers legend Kevin Shattenkirk got engaged.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
@MikeInBuffalo 36m36 minutes ago

#Leafs GM Lou Lamoriello says that top pick Timothy Liljegren will either return to Sweden to play in the SHL or stay to play with #Marlies

and at that moment I realized... the Marlies may have a better D lineup than the Leafs next season

that's fucked up

not like we're a high bar

Yawnier

Banned

#Leafs GM Lou Lamoriello says that top pick Timothy Liljegren will either return to Sweden to play in the SHL or stay to play with #Marlies

and at that moment I realized... the Marlies may have a better D lineup than the Leafs next season

that's fucked up

Would prefer him to go to the Marlies rather than Sweden for a few reasons, unless Rogle can work out a deal and trade him to a team that isn't a tire fire

Razorskin

----- ------

that's fucked up

What are you smoking

Cactus

Banned
Tortora, his name even sounds like Toronna

250px-389Torterra.png

that's fucked up

One or two of them may be better than like... Marincin. Maybe.

Would prefer him to go to the Marlies rather than Sweden for a few reasons, unless Rogle can work out a deal and trade him to a team that isn't a tire fire
Its not like the rean is gonna drag him down, there are competent players in every team. As long as he is healthy and management believes in him he will have a good environment to develop in. Plenty of good swedish players have come through teams that were far from the train of constant wins that the leafs are.

Edit: This sounded harsh but the point was that almost all teams have players that try to play the puck.

Socreges

Banned
Its not like the rean is gonna drag him down, there are competent players in every team. As long as he is healthy and management believes in him he will have a good environment to develop in. Plenty of good swedish players have come through teams that were far from the train of constant wins that the leafs are.

Edit: This sounded harsh but the point was that almost all teams have players that try to play the puck.
Thoughts on Pettersson and Dahlen? Think they'll do well in the SHL? Assuming Dahlen follows Pettersson

Article hyping Gaudette. Will be interesting to see how he does without his linemates, especially Aston-Reese.

Yawnier

Banned

My big concern with Rogle has been that he won't get enough minutes to play and develop. Mark Hunter was saying in a draft interview how he went to scout Liljegren in the past year for a SHL game and he only played one shift for like 40 seconds and his ass was stapled to the bench for the rest of the game.

zroid

Banned
Did any of those make it to the NHL?

I figured Verhaege (sp?) had the best shot, but I think he's in the ECHL now.

iirc Chris Gibson was called up at least once, but I don't think it lasted long.

edit: hockeydb says he played 4 games and .882 sv%

It's unfortunate that Matt Finn never worked out as a prospect, he's childhood friends with Connor Brown so it would've been a nice story

Top Bottom