• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

I just had my life flash in front of my eyes because a woman with her two non-seatbelted kids (i know because I saw them basically standing/leaning far forward in the back seat) decided to ignore a 3-way stop and BLAST through it at 60km/h. I managed to break JUST in time to avoid getting T-boned into the driver side.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to drive or have kids, jesus fucking christ

Did you post this at a stop light.

Brashnir

welcome home capitals

it was like you never left

Window is closed. Smart move would be to put everyone not named Kuznetsov, Schmidt, Orlov, Grubauer, Wilson and Burakovsky on the trading block, take whatever you can get for everyone else, be bad for a couple years, get some top talent in the draft and rebuild.

What will actually happen is a pathetic attempt to hang on, delaying the rebuild, and being mediocre for 4-5 years before finally biting the bullet and being forced into a long run of shittiness because they let all of the current young talent age out of usefulness before rebuilding.

Oh, and they will probably also lose Schmidt in the expansion draft because they're dumb.

Quick

Banned
I'd welcome Oilers fans, but they've all probably fucked off until the next time they make the playoffs.

Unless the newbies stick around.

Yawnier

Banned
Damn that pick from the Eaves trade turned into a 1st rounder with the Ducks moving onto the WCF.

What a crazy last couple of weeks for the ShitStars

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
When asked about Ovechkin's performance in Game 7, Trotz says "emotionally, I don't want to answer that right now." #Capitals
Damn.

Should be a very interesting off season for Washington.

I dunno I see Backstrom gone before Ovi but I would want to see what it would take to trade Ovi. Because it could be one of the biggest trades in NHL history.

imBask

Banned
Does anyone honestly think the Caps would trade Ovie?

Caps are super fucked, what other options do they have? Keep winning the season hope you don't choke this year? That's a decent plan on paper, but 10 years of failing at that plan says otherwise

PillarEN

Just for the hell of it. If Ovi hoes somewhere I'd guess it would be San Jose. They are getting old and something naturally will have to shift. Lots of money can be freed up there.

calder

Meh, Jason Botterill is next GM of the Sabres. I had him as my personal #1 candidate for the Jets job when Chevy gets fired in 11 months. :p

Does anyone honestly think the Caps would trade Ovie?

Well he's obviously the problem.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/ovechkin-skates-third-line-capitals-practice/
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2017/05/09/alex-ovechkin-capitals-penguins-game-7/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...opes-alex-ovechkin-practices-with-third-line/

Code:
Game 7 Icetime

Oshie       22:38
Backstrom   21:58
Williams    19:51
Johansson   19:24
Burakovsky  19:19
Kuznetsov   19:18
Ovechkin    18:22

Obviously.

Top Bottom