• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup 2017 Finals [OT]- To Catch a Predator

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Offsides? Knew it. Subban still not playing the "right" way

When did they add this instant replay/challenge bullshit to the NHL? Stopped actively watching when I stopped playing in the late 90s, sad to see this sort of thing.

PillarEN

I need random stats from our NYR fan.

What are the chances of winning the Cup if you score first in the series? Or rather in the last 5 or 10 Cup finals how many of the teams that scored the very first goal went on to win?

2010 - Philly scores first. Loses series
2011 - Vancouver scores first. Loses series
2012 - LA scores first. Wins series
2013 - (racist) Boston scores first. Loses series
2014 - Rangers score first. Lose series
2015 - Tampa scores first. Loses series
2016 - Pittsburgh scores first. Wins series

So in the last 7 series the team who scored first in the finals lost 5 of those series.

Velcro Fly

They do this in baseball with guys who slide into a base and for a nanosecond aren't touching it while a tag is still applied. Pisses me off every time.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
2010 - Philly scores first. Loses series
2011 - Vancouver scores first. Loses series
2012 - LA scores first. Wins series
2013 - (racist) Boston scores first. Loses series
2014 - Rangers score first. Lose series
2015 - Tampa scores first. Loses series
2016 - Pittsburgh scores first. Wins series

So in the last 7 series the team who scored first in the finals lost 5 of those series.

but in series involving the Penguins in those years the team that scores first has won EVERY time

Top Bottom