• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup 2017 Finals [OT]- To Catch a Predator

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
better than getting the call wrong especially in the final

He had the puck on his stick, his body wasn't over the line completely, but his back skate came off the ice an inch.

It's not like he got some huge advantage there that forced the Penguins to play that shift terribly.

Oh well though, offside is offside, but I think they should look at the skate on ice rule.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I want Subban to score another one and yell "challenge that!" to the Pens bench.

Of course then he'd get crucified

JABEE

Any time I see a potential offside, I no longer think wow, what an exciting play. I think this is pointless now.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
No it wasn't. There's no way they can tell the degree to which the skate was lifted, if at all. That offsides challenge was a Hail Mary.

looked like his foot was off the ice by the time the puck reached the blue line let alone when it crossed it. Even if it's close I think the instant replay should apply. This is like saying if the tip of the ball barely touches the goal line in the NFL we shouldn't count the touchdown.

Bluenoser

He had the puck on his stick, his body wasn't over the line completely, but his back skate came off the ice an inch.

It's not like he got some huge advantage there that forced the Penguins to play that shift terribly.

Oh well though, offside is offside, but I think they should look at the skate on ice rule.

Yup once it was challenged, they have to look at it closely, or they aren't doing their job. It's a good rule if the refs miss an obvious offside, which they sometimes do (especially in junior leagues), but that one was pretty close... surprised the pens challenged it.

They should get rid of the offside rule entirely. Worst rule in sports. Only serves one purpose, which is to reduce offence.

Games would be pretty boring if there were no offside rule, imo. I don't want to see a bunch of hail mary passes all game long.

Top Bottom