• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup 2017 Finals [OT]- To Catch a Predator

At least the Refs are making it REALLY obvious that they want the Pens to win. I would hate to have to wait till late in the third to see that the fix is in.

Jachaos

These dives for a 5-on-3, that no-call right before the goal because Crosby, oof.

That was probably an offside on the no-goal though. Didn't find it conclusive but it probably was and the rule is the rule. Should be changed but right now eh, it is what it is.

I still say they MUST change how the offside rule itself works if they're going to keep the offside challenge.
Yep, nothing about that offsides provided Nashville with a substantive advantage on the play that scored the goal. It was the right call because of the rules but they need to be changed. It's unfortunate really.

zroid

Banned
Games would be pretty boring if there were no offside rule, imo. I don't want to see a bunch of hail mary passes all game long.

You totally do, though. Stretch passes are one of the most fun plays in hockey. There is an element of risk/reward in cherry picking stretch passes because if you fuck it up, it's an icing. Moreover, you have to overcommit a forward to the offensive side of the ice to make it work. If there's a turnover, then you've got an odd-man situation the other way. I think it's a bit naive to think the game would devolve into nothing but stretch passes, it's more complicated than that. One thing is for sure though, there'd be more goals, which is exactly what everyone wants. Except the NHL, apparently.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
iUmaTTX.gif

Top Bottom