• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup 2017 Finals [OT]- To Catch a Predator

Dr.Acula

Banned
AxFPZon.png

xFGNfwx.gif

Montresor

Pikma please put your Penguins mascot avatar back on.

Maybe the curse all along was meant to help the Predators defeat Pittsburgh??? Let's do it buddy.

Error1355

I have a ticket for game 7 if it goes to it.

The life long die-hard Penguins fan in me would be shitting myself nonstop if we got to Game 7.

The life long die-hard hockey fan in me would be in a constant state of arousal at being at a FINALS GAME 7.

Alucard

Banned
We need a Malkin guarantee before game four to spice things up. Damn Preds. Really hope Rinne goes back to game one and two form by Monday.

PillarEN

If Crosby doesn't guarantee game 4 then what kind of a captain is he?

A captain with two Cups, 2 gold medals, a Hart trophy (don't know how many).

I hope everyone is church this Sunday confessing to their drawn Satan sins and praying with some catfish. #Bless🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾📠

I hope everyone is church this Sunday confessing to their drawn Satan sins and praying with some catfish. #Bless��������������

I sacrificed a baby penguin in name of the Perds. There was no country music or anime present, I'm not a heathen after all.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I have a ticket for game 7 if it goes to it.

The life long die-hard Penguins fan in me would be shitting myself nonstop if we got to Game 7.

The life long die-hard hockey fan in me would be in a constant state of arousal at being at a FINALS GAME 7.

Trust me, even of your team loses it'll still have been worth it. At least your team already has a cup...

what a rubbish game that was, everyone fighting like children, adult men... an embarrassing display. the whole game should be erased, it should definitely still be 2-0.

oh and the crowd throwing crap on the ice.. nice going Tennessee. just all out barbarity.

shameful, shameful.

It wouldn't be all that surprising, as you're right on the money with this assessment.

I was of two minds:

A) Penguins have another gear that they just haven't hit yet

Or

B) This is the level of play they're at and there's not much better coming.

3 games in it seems like B

We'll see what happens Monday but I'm not optimistic.

what a rubbish game that was, everyone fighting like children, adult men... an embarrassing display. the whole game should be erased, it should definitely still be 2-0.

oh and the crowd throwing crap on the ice.. nice going Tennessee. just all out barbarity.

shameful, shameful.
Nashville is barbaric now?
That's new to me it's not like Pittsburg hasn't done things that are messed up either....

Symphonic

shameful, shameful.

Yeah, how convienient that would be for you. Sorry champ.

Alucard

Banned
Guys, recommend some good anime, movie or series, that's worth watching on Netflix.

Watching the Blame! movie right now and the animation is unreal.

85516.jpg

Smiley90

Guys, recommend some good anime, movie or series, that's worth watching on Netflix.

Watching the Blame! movie right now and the animation is unreal.

85516.jpg

Attack on Titan
Sword Art Online Season 1
Your Lie In April

unless you specifically mean CGI-like Anime like Blame! ?

in which case I don't know too many, unfortunately

What the fuck, Smelly watches anime too? Am I in a nightmare?

Join my Shirou program and acquire these skills

1) Higher appreciation of anime
2) Wide selection of anime penguin gifs
3) Ability to have the name "Fate_Pikma"
4) I will teach you how to use emoticons like these " :D . >: D . ;-; and :V "

PillarEN

Just imagine Astro once the Jets make the playoffs. Well, that might be a couple seasons from now if they even make it before Vegas.

Alucard

Banned
Attack on Titan
Sword Art Online Season 1
Your Lie In April

unless you specifically mean CGI-like Anime like Blame! ?

in which case I don't know too many, unfortunately

Nah. Anything that's worth the time investment and has an interesting story with characters that you can invest in. I'll give Attack on Titan a fairer go. Only watched part of episode one and didn't particularly feel all that into it.

Faves from the past include most Studio Ghibli stuff, Evangelion, Escaflowne, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, LAIN, and Haibane Renmei. Satoshi Kon's stuff was also good. Loved Millennium Actress.

I wish Netflix had older series that I always wanted to watch but never really got the chance in the 90s like Lodoss War and Berserk.

Nah. Anything that's worth the time investment and has an interesting story with characters that you can invest in. I'll give Attack on Titan a fairer go. Only watched part of episode one and didn't particularly feel all that into it.

Faves from the past include most Studio Ghibli stuff, Evangelion, Escaflowne, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, LAIN, and Haibane Renmei. Satoshi Kon's stuff was also good. Loved Millennium Actress.

I wish Netflix had older series that I always wanted to watch but never really got the chance in the 90s like Lodoss War and Berserk.

Mushi-shi would be right up your alley.

PillarEN

I recommend Clannad, K-On, Angel Beats, She and Her Cat, Sound Euphonium (only the first season), The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Hyouka. If want something more manly then watch Hellsing Ultimate. If you want a sort of decunstruction of the poor anime nerd then watch Welcome to the NHK. Fooly Cooly is just a general mindfuck with a sick OST and it's only 4 episodes long.

School Days
Here and There Now and Then
Night Shift Nurses
Macross Plus

Smiley90

What the fuck, Smelly watches anime too? Am I in a nightmare?

The difference is that I only watch GOOD anime, none of that teenage erotica shit

also, alu was asking about netflix anime, and the three I listed are definitely the best ones left now that Eureka Seven is sadly gone off Netflix :(

I recommend Clannad, K-On, Angel Beats, She and Her Cat, Sound Euphonium (only the first season), The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Hyouka. If want something more manly then watch Hellsing Ultimate. If you want a sort of decunstruction of the poor anime nerd then watch Welcome to the NHK. Fooly Cooly is just a general mindfuck with a sick OST and it's only 4 episodes long.

School Days
Here and There Now and Then
Night Shift Nurses
Macross Plus

He was specifically asking about Netflix animu

The difference is that I only watch GOOD anime, none of that teenage erotica shit

also, alu was asking about netflix anime, and the three I listed are definitely the best ones left now that Eureka Seven is sadly gone off Netflix :(

GOOD anime is not what Eureka Seven is

Smiley90

I don't know what's on Netflix but I know you can start typing in netflix so maybe one of those will pop up.

None of them are because Netflix only has very few anime. It's better to work it that way than to just suggest anime and check if they're on netflix :lol

PillarEN

Hey here is another old nostalgia anime bomb. Did any of you ever watch the itunes review series "Track Shun" (maybe spelled Track-shun)? It was an American who was ex Navy and spent some time in Japan because of it. Maybe that's what made him sick in the head enough to watch anime for all I know. He would always look at 2 or 3 anime on a weekly or semi weekly basis. Usually summarizing and showing footage from the first two episodes after which he would either "track" or "shun" the anime.

Doesn't ring a bell? I watched that shit on my iPod Classic color screen back in the late 00s. (edit: more like mid 00s)

And lo and behold that's what got me into anime. I couldn't relate to any of the Dragon Ball stuff so I thought it wasn't for me (I specifically disliked the art style of Dragonball) and that's what always seemed to be on Cartoon Network after school. So back in middle school the only anime that meant something to me was Pokemon and the rest I wrote off. Then on this NERD'S show he showed off The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and something happened. I was suddenly thinking "wait. This looks amazing. Should I... yes I should watch this. But where? This isn't going to be on Cartoon Network." And so I found some random ass streaming site and off I went to scarf down season 1 of Haruhi Suzumiya as new episodes were coming. Man what a way to get into anime. And from that point it all went downhill and I turned into an insufferable weeb who wastes his days and years and decades on message boards.

Fuck you anime.

Top Bottom