• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata Review Thread

Usobuko

Banned
What lunacy these past few months have been
After such a lull
A decent FF
A real last guardian
A good tales
A good resident evil
Gravity Rush 2 delivers
Yakuza finding success
A new great onimusha
Horizon lives up to the hype
A fucking yoko taro game scores an avg 9/10
Zelda with a perfect score
And days away from a new mass effect and a persona.

Fixed.

What else besides mass effect and persona for the rest of the year?

Kthulhu

After such a lull
A decent FF
A real last guardian
A good tales
A good resident evil
Yakuza finding success
A new great onimusha

The horrors of the Trump presidency has had an opposite positive reaction by saving gaming, thus proofing we aren't in the darkest timeline.

Man, Amazon really screws me over with smaller games like this. Still no sign of a delivery date.

AU7Amsc.gif

Harmen

Sorry we are set a new standard in reviews scores after Zelda.

>= 90 heavens
< 90 hells

What people tend to forget is that it is an average. Many reviewers gave a game scoring an 8/10 on mc a 9/10 or even 10/10. In the case of Zelda nearly everyone is on the same page that it is at least a 9/10 and most think it warrants a 10. That is a showcase of the majestic quality and appeal of the latest Zelda for sure, but it doesn't mean it is best game for every individual.

Case in point, Yakuza 0 is one of my favourite experiences this gen, equal to the likes of TW3, Bloodborne, and UC4, and it's MC is in the 8/10, yet there have been reviewers that agree with me, handing it >9/10 scores. That doesn't bother me in the slightest as I can totally see why certain elements are detrimental to other people's experiences.

And in the end, the quality of a title will speak for itself, see Dark Souls, which I think we can legitimately call a modern classic despite it's metascore.

Lifeline

After such a lull
A decent FF
A real last guardian
A good tales
A good resident evil
Yakuza finding success
A new great onimusha

I wonder what game's going to break this streak, so far i don't think we've gotten a single bad major game this year.

We need one more perfect score... 5 is too low :D

Giant Bomb gonna come in with three 5/5 scores in a row.

Working to add all the notable Metacritic Reviews to the OP. Just got done with the 9s & 10s.

Come on, if we can hit 90 it'll make Yoko Taro's year!

killatopak

It went 88

cries

Edit: Might just be my version of opencritic with 20 reviews.

Dunno how many reviews you guys have.

A game like Automata with 85+ on metacritic is a huge win for many reasons:

1. Not the highest budget was given to make a JRPG

2. Scoring higher than most JRPG this generation so far

3. A taro game that reviewed well.

Perineum

I am trying to work my way through Horizon Zero Dawn this week so that I can go trade it in towards this at Gamestop.

HZD though may take longer than this week sadly. Sucks being poor. (New car, ER expenses, taxes,etc) I will have to most likely wait till next pay day, but I am super surprised the game reviewed this well since the first Nier wasn't noted for much other than its killer OST.

Top Bottom