• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata Review Thread

Whelp looks like this needs to be picked up as well. Gonna hold off until I finish Horizon and Zelda though, but I loved the first Nier can't wait to play this.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I was working my way down the list, posting the edits as I went - should include most notable reviews now.

Still hoping on one or two high scores to nudge it into the 90s. We need that Universal Acclaim!
If only edge had released their review this month they looooooove platinum.

Usobuko

Banned
I really like the character Fyra from the original NieR. I always have a softspot for kind-hearted kids bravely facing the future inspite of their circumstances.

Good point. How long is the average playtime for NieR ?

From what I've read, you're looking at around 10-15 for the first ending, but 30+ if you're going for all/most of the side quests and all the additional endings. Edit: Though worth saying that likely a lot of people here, including me, would likely not count the first ending as the 'end' so 30-40 is closer to the truth.

big fake

More Taro games with more confidence from publishers now. I'm SOO happy right now. Please just stay at 89 till the end, plsssss!!!

Took me 45 hours to play through the game while doing most side quests. You could get that down to 35, but I don't know if you'd want to ;D Will probably take about 50 hours to do just about everything.

Is that for the one run through or getting all the endings?

LotusHD

Banned
https://twitter.com/RedMakuzawa/status/838685648735199232

C6Obo2BUoAAxRnz.jpg

C6ObqmSU4AIxQlr.jpg

C6Ob9z7VMAEwLTf.jpg

C6OcAVJU0AAJ1oO.jpg

Xliskin

This gen is honestly might be the best one yet for me.

We're sorta drowning in good games and I am in a position to get them.

No no no , too soon for this we can not stop here , next year will be as good as this , Death Standing , Miyazaki's new project , KH3 , FF VIIR part 1 , TLOU 2 and Nentendo's first party devs

DR2K

Banned
89? Called Sony to cancel my PSN preorder. The lady on the other end told me I couldn't return hair removal products.

LordKano

I beat it in about 30 hours with 40% side quests done.

30-40 hours depending if you finish all side quests.

From what I've read, you're looking at around 10-15 for the first ending, but 30+ if you're going for all/most of the side quests and all the additional endings. Edit: Though worth saying that likely a lot of people here, including me, would likely not count the first ending as the 'end' so 30-40 is closer to the truth.

Thanks ! 40h before early april sounds doable.

If you're anything like me, you'll get an easy 100+ hours out of this game.

This, on the other hand, doesn't sound doable. D:

dancmc

is this really 30+ hours? Man; I have no time for all of these long ass games. Already playing Zelda, Horizon, and plan on Mass Effect; was hoping for a nice 8-10 hour action romp.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Highest-rated PS4 game of the year so far. Brackets are number of reviews:

89 (36) NieR: Automata
88 (97) Horizon: Zero Dawn
87 (87) Nioh
87 (9) Night in the Woods
86 (93) Resident Evil 7: biohazard
84 (8) Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands
84 (77) Yakuza 0
84 (21) Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone
80 (11) Forma.8
80 (89) Gravity Rush 2

is this really 30+ hours? Man; I have no time for all of these long ass games. Already playing Zelda, Horizon, and plan on Mass Effect; was hoping for a nice 8-10 hour action romp.

It does sound like you can get to the first ending in approximately 10 hours though it would be missing out on loads of the game's character due to the narrative focus, multiple endings, side quests/stories etc.

Maybe worth picking up on the basis of completing to the first ending and if you feel engaged by it, come back to it when you've got more time.?

N.Domixis

Banned
Highest-rated PS4 game of the year so far. Brackets are number of reviews:

89 (36) NieR: Automata
88 (97) Horizon: Zero Dawn
87 (87) Nioh
87 (9) Night in the Woods
86 (93) Resident Evil 7: biohazard
84 (8) Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands
84 (77) Yakuza 0
84 (21) Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone
80 (11) Forma.8
80 (89) Gravity Rush 2
Dem TOp 3 PS4 exclusives.

dancmc

It does sound like you can get to the first ending in approximately 10 hours though it would be missing out on loads of the game's character due to the narrative focus, multiple endings, side quests/stories etc.

Maybe worth picking up on the basis of completing to the first ending and if you feel engaged by it, come back to it when you've got more time.?

That's fair; but I am sure it will grab me and then my backlog list will continue to grow and grow:)

Top Bottom