• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata Review Thread

Philippo

No fucking way a Yoko Taro game gets a 90 MC score, holy shit.

Guy can finally destroy his liver with drinking celebrations.

Aren't still a lot of reviews left though? I see it has almost half of the reviews HZD and Nioh got.

Hektor

V1Y4Z7H.png

Eumi

We now live in the world where a Yoko Taro game can be called a critical success.

We gonna get that Nier HD port now?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Platinum da GODDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

TissueBox

I'd be impressed if it kept that 90. Still, just the idea that this game may end up being rated higher than Horizon is a helluva thought.

Anyways. With this + sales maybe I can say this without it sounding too far-fetched.

MORE TARO/PLATINUM PLS!!

farisr

It feels like I'm committing a crime getting this for $24 tomorrow just a week after I got Horizon for $24 as well.

But then I remember that the devs see it as a full priced sale on their end and this is just a retailer discount/mess-up and feel better about myself.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I'd be impressed if it kept that 90. Still, just the idea that this game may end up being rated higher than Horizon is a helluva thought.

Anyways. With this + sales maybe I can say this without it sounding too far-fetched.

MORE TARO/PLATINUM PLS!!

Probably will be higher rated since it's at 39 already. May well go down a to 89, but chance it goes down two points is a fair bit lower.

It feels like I'm committing a crime getting this for $24 tomorrow just a week after I got Horizon for $24 as well.

But then I remember that the devs see it as a full priced sale on their end and this is just a retailer discount/mess-up and feel better about myself.

What is this sorcery? GCU and some kind of extra $100-$25 promotion from best buy? Granted, I managed to snag this, Horizon and Zelda for $40 from Target's B2G1 free deal, but $24 is crazy cheap.

Arthea

how?

wowzors

Having played the demo I can 100% say this does not deserve a score higher than horizon. It's a good game though, this is why i don't like reviews.

Sevyne

So we now live in a world where a Yoko Taro game is a 90...

Not gonna lie, I shed a tear of joy.

Having played the demo I can 100% say this does not deserve a score higher than horizon. It's a good game though, this is why i don't like reviews.

Nice shitposting, but playing the demo literally tells you nothing.

Year of the forever.

I legitimately cannot remember a stronger avalanche of excellent games releasing so consistently and so quickly in just the first few months of a year. I feel like the rest after April is a bit barren by comparison, but I have almost no doubt that I'll consider this one of if not the best year in gaming for a while.

Damn.

A Yoko Taro game at a 90 MC? Let alone over a 70?

What a time to be alive.

This year has been ridiculous. Literally every game that's come out between January-March has lived up to the hype and has gotten nothing but critical acclaim. There has not been a single bad game this entire year. Just this week alone we've gotten Horizon, Zelda, and Nier back to back and they're all fucking amazing.

How is this possible...

Best year of gaming confirmed?

I can understand your enthusiasm for Horizon, but saying a demo doesn't beat a full game is a bit silly. To be fair, I haven't played Nier Automata or Horizon yet, but until someone plays both, they can't really make a judgement like this. I expect excellence from both.

Top Bottom