• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.12.5 - Dec. 5th, 6AM EST (JP), 12 PM EST (NA), 5PM GMT

WillyFive

I have not seen Iwata dropping bomb gif yet. Gaf I am truly disappoint

iwata-1354711017.jpg

Mashing

Just a matter of time until we get a Lego Mario game. My idea:

Lego vs. Paper Mario RPG. The Lego's are evil (think mirror universe from Star Trek). Yep, I could be down with something like that.

There is no L sound in the Japanese language.

Then again, there is no R sound, either. It's kind of in-between. It almost sounds like D.
I always thought it sounded more like L, hence lip my stockings in lost in translation. Native japanese I know pronounce L more correctly than they ever do with r.

Erm, I thought they couldn't pronounce the 'l' sound, hence jokes like, "I rike it, I rike it a rot!"

But, they're better are being ninjas than us 'Muricans.

The r-l hybrid sound has been hardwired into their brains. It's very hard to undo decades of wiring. My Japanese teacher has been in the US for decades, and even she slips up frequently.

How would one say "Larry" in English, being Japanese?

I assume it's ラリー (Rarii)

Etzer

10 more minutes! HYPE

There is no L sound in the Japanese language.

Then again, there is no R sound, either. It's kind of in-between. It almost sounds like D.

To me, it kind of sounds like the Spanish pronunciation of r. Not the rolling R sound at the beginning of words, the other more subtle one (like in the word "raro"). At least, that's how I get through it in Rosetta Stone. lol

Berg

"approx. 30 minuets in length"

I'm guessing just new footage from announced games. No new game announcements.

Nosgoroth

Prediction time!

WiiU:
* Pikmin 3 footage, no solid date
* Game & Wario footage, no solid date
* System update talk
* TVii talk (NA only)
* Miiverse talk (art posts bragging?)

3DS:
* NSMB2 new DLC details
* Luigi's Mansion date
* Fire Emblem mention, no solid date
* Animal Crossing, no solid date
* AeroPorter and Crimson Shroud
* ePicross 2

I watching the NOA one one the Wii U while browsing Gaf on the pad while my samsung tablet pc streams the NOE direct triple WIN XD

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
It'll be entirely about the Slide Pad Pro LL for 3DS XL.

Then at the end Iwata drops the bomb: Trigger Pad Pro for Wii U gamepad, adds a tertiary pair of analog triggers below ZL and ZR.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Zero new games of any kind. Minimal new footage of early 2013 titles, 3DS and Wii U. Handful of dates.

Sooo shit like Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 2, Pikmin 3, Aliens, Lego City, Wii U Fit, yadda yadda.

Top Bottom