• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct Announced for Tomorrow, June 18th

Trilobit

I'm impressed that it comes to Switch at all. Thought they'd just nix it and focus on the New Switch version (of course there's time for them to do that still).

Surprised they didn't announce MP 2 or 3 remasters. Haven't played either of those, although they could potentially come out before MP4. If they dont then I'm assuming the stories are disconnected from each other?

eh that was fine. Some stuff I want. gotta work on switch 2 projects and all that I guess.

Zelda game looks really good, normally I'd be very excited about prime but I'll have to see more I guess

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Thats all they show after all this time?

At least it looks to be emerging from dev hell finally.

Has to be a cross gen launch.

tr1p1ex

graphics of MP4 look old no?

Either they going to shove this out the door for Switch next year or ...it's a simultaneous release and Switch 2 will have some (hidden) VR capability which would require lesser graphics.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
If they dont then I'm assuming the stories are disconnected from each other?
The Phazon storyline I assume ends with Prime 3, but what they showed here definitely directly connects to the ending of Prime 3 as well as the Federation Force spin-off.

Prime 4 finally shown, looks great! Def a Switch 2 title, IMO.

Overall a great Direct. Why they are holding on to Zelda TP and Zelda WW remasters and not releasing them this year is beyond me.....same thing with a Metroid Prime Echos Remaster.

Yeah it's strange. Seems like a no brainer. No super mario galaxy 2 either. Nice to get DKC returns but no new DK game?

Last edited:

Overall a great Direct. Why they are holding on to Zelda TP and Zelda WW remasters and not releasing them this year is beyond me.....same thing with a Metroid Prime Echos Remaster.

I see what you did there.

But I'm not surprised. Those games will sell a Switch 2. MP4 cross-gen Switch/enhanced Switch 2 version, plus a 3D Mario game, and then dropping WW/TP within the first year or so will keep the Switch 2 momentum going.

Emedan

Might be additional Direct coming up in a few months. I really want them too.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
That was a cool showing.

I'm interested in Mario & Luigi, Prime 4 and everything Dragon Quest.

Bummed about that Zelda game, doesn't look like my kinda thing, specially with that echo mechanic.

tr1p1ex

Surprised they didn't announce MP 2 or 3 remasters. Haven't played either of those, although they could potentially come out before MP4. If they dont then I'm assuming the stories are disconnected from each other?
Too obvious. T/hey already released one. Nintendo doesn't generally spam the releases. That's why I was skeptical MP2/3 and WW/TP Zelda would come out.

They could be doing a Metroid Dread style introduce new players to the series, then release some old classic remakes.

Croga

No Xenoblade Chronicles X yet again...

I'll take Fantasian, Saga remake and those Dragon Quest HD-2D remakes though.

Some decent JRPGs to soften my disappointment lol

Last edited:

belmarduk

No Xenoblade Chronicles X yet again...

I'll take Fantasian, Saga remake and those Dragon Quest HD-2D remakes though.

Some decent JRPGs to soften my disappointment lol

The Fairy Tale one looked pretty fun.

Last edited:

NanaMiku

Still no Xenoblade X...

Pretty solid Direct for me.
Fantasian port is nice
New Phantom Brave was unexpected
New Mario & Luigi RPG looks interesting, but not really digging the art style
MAHVEL BABY
Hundred Line is literally new Danganronpa
Ace Attorney Investigations collection is pretty good
Metroid Prime 4 finally

That was a really good Direct. Just a ton of fun-looking games in there; Mario & Luigi Brotherhood, the Zelda Echo game, Fantasian, Capcom Marvel collection, Metal Slug, Dragon Quest remakes, Romancing SaGa 2 Remake, the NISJ game, Metroid Prime 4, and a few others. Stuff I'm definitely interested in picking up and playing (though some are coming to PC, so they could be pick-ups there. Kinda wish more pubs supported GOG tho).

Switch's release schedule looks pretty well-packed for something now in its eighth year, but I'm thinking stuff like Metroid Prime 4 are early 2025 releases. Still sticking with my gut that Switch 2 is releasing H1 2025, maybe late Spring? I think that would be the perfect time for its launch really; they get the launch period sales and then the next wave during the holidays. Maybe it's possible Metroid Prime 4 is a cross-gen Switch/Switch 2 release the way BOTW was? That's be interesting to see.

Anyway, this was a very nice show. I'm definitely going to consider picking some of these games up, and it's boding very well for Switch 2 as a pickup too.

Last edited:
Yeah it's strange. Seems like a no brainer. No super mario galaxy 2 either. Nice to get DKC returns but no new DK game?

I'm sure one of their teams are working on a new DK game, and I'd expect to see it for Switch 2. Nintendo is really upping their DK branding right now with Super Nintendo World and the movies.

poodaddy

Gold Member
I loved several of these announcements, but then I'm kind of a Donkey Kong and MVC fanboy, so I audibly gasped during those announcements and I had the excitement of youth again during those trailers. My wife was laughing at me.

Prime 4 is gonna be incredible, I just know this. The new Zelda looks incredibly innovative and fun, a nice reinvigoration of the franchise and I've always wanted a game where you play as Zelda. Very clever gameplay there.

Very, very hype.

amigastar

I'm slightly disappointed by Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom, i would rather have a Link adventure or The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons remake.

It's a solid lineup, just not for me. I feel like Mario RPGs have been way over represented lately. Would have made more sense to spread those out a bit.

2D Zelda looks great, and I love the idea of finally being able to play as the princess. But I've never been able to get into the 2D games, and not for a lack of trying.

MP4 looks fine, I guess. Not much to say about that.

Lots of remakes and ports but none that I'm interested in. Would have liked the Wii U HD Zelda games, but no dice.

Overall decent.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
And one of the biggest reasons why they had big droughts of first party releases for their con soles was because they had to focus on 2 machines. that is one og the biggest reasons why they decided to make the Switch a hybridc, because they could focus on only one machine, and just release all their games for that.

Except that point is made moot by the similar architecture of modern systems. They wouldn't have to split resources like they did back then.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Didn’t get to watch. Is there a list of what was announced I can look at somewhere?

Robb

Gold Member
like that was hard to do lol
Craig exists for a reason
62e.png

Top Bottom