• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

Kouriozan

Completely forgot about Project Treasure, more info would be nice.
And I'll repeat, I just want new Mario Maker footage, bonus point for Shibata if he announce a Fatal Frame Wii U localization.

Right as you posted this a thunderstorm started where I live. Coincidence?

Yes.

lmao. stay safe
Sly.gif

Brian★;158322511 said:
- European Platinum CN Rewards.
Wild prediction you got there. This is the same NOE that won't give us Flipnote Studio 3D unless we sign up to the "DeNA and Nintendo fun club spectacular Power rewards membership system"

Neoxon

IMHO, it has a rather generic base platform set and a stage hazard that does nothing interesting - it applies a small force to characters on half the screen. So if you don't like stage hazards in general, Battlefield is better, and if you like some stage hazards (like me), chances are this one won't turn you on anyway.

Then again, devs came up with the Omega stages already, so perhaps they don't really follow my idea of interesting stage collection.
But the bounding boxes are huge, which benefits certain characters. And the competitive scene has worked around the wind.

But the bounding boxes are huge, which benefits certain characters. And the competitive scene has worked around the wind.

yeah that's why I said the Melee version is actually useful, the Smash 64 version doesn't have notably different blast zones

anyway Fountain of Dreams or riot

lewisgone

Make the most of the date Nintendo.

Open straight to Mother 3 footage, then start flashing April Fools over it after about a minute.

I may be slightly sad there was no official announcement after E3 2014.

Or they should announce a FF VII remaster for Wii U in the exact same way as SE did last year at E3. Hire out a venue for the announcement and everything.

I'd love for Fountain of Dreams to come back, but you just know the water reflections are what's deterring them from bringing it back.

I'd say it'd be worth the effort, though. It's such a classic stage.

phanphare

Banned
This.

Call me kooky or humble or easily pleased but this is the thing I am excited about most happening in this Direct.

if you had told me before Mario Kart 8 came out that a Mario Kart game would have grabbed me and kept me playing for months and months after it released I would have laughed and laughed and laughed. and laughed.

I love Mario Kart 8

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
hmmm maybe they'll show Rodea, along with Namco's f2p.

Maybe something on Devil's Third?
FAST Racing Neo has been a long time coming..

if you had told me before Mario Kart 8 came out that a Mario Kart game would have grabbed me and kept me playing for months and months after it released I would have laughed and laughed and laughed. and laughed.

I love Mario Kart 8

Those games never lose their luster for me.

I was surprised when many said that the first DLC pack gave them reason to resume playing.

I never stopped.

8 is crazy as shit and often a crapshoot online but it's the best playing and looking game of the series and I am grateful for the additional content.

TDLink

hmmm maybe they'll show Rodea, along with Namco's f2p.

Maybe something on Devil's Third?

Rodea is already out in Japan and not hitting the west until September. They probably won't talk about it in a direct until closer to then.

Devil's Third is a possibility though...depends how much they want to show off another TPS when they are starting the Splatoon marketing train.

Nosgotham

So we all agree that Nintendo will show metroid prime hunters U tomorrow right? Also a From software souls like that rages place in the world of hyrule

TDLink

I did not know this. How are reviews?

It got 8/7/8/7 in Famitsu.
Reviewer 1 – 8

You can feel it right away that this game was made with an obsession to flying action. The controls need a bit of getting used to but when mastered, the sense of freedom and thrill is wonderful. It is fun to reach different places of the floating stages. The atmosphere, characters and story get better the more you dive into the world. The game isn’t filled with the latest technology but it is carefully crafted.

Reviewer 2 – 7

You control the flying action by aiming where you want to fly and although the controls are a bit improper, it feels good to freely fly around the spacious stages. You can also feel the big scale in huge boss battles which is nice. It is inconvenient that you can’t set reverse controls for looking around and thus controls may feel hard depending on the person. As the Wii U version gives more freedom in controlling the viewpoint, flying in the sky feels more comfortable in that version.

Reviewer 3 – 8

It feels good to dash in the sky. After jumping into the sky, you fly towards the target area like a bullet. You can fire your gun while flying so it may feel hectic but when you get used to the controls, exploring becomes fun. It’s also interesting to challenge yourself and try how far you can fly without falling into ground. Game Pad is used in a unique way by showing a portrait of your partner and you can even set options like how frequently that partner talks to you.

Reviewer 4 – 7

There are somewhat frustrating things in this game like accidental deaths due to the viewpoint and putting too much info (reticle, energy meter, cursor etc.) into the middle of the screen as excessive info makes it hard to see. It’s a pity that elevation differences and positioning are especially hard to grasp in the 3DS version. Although the graphics are not so good, the game is action-packed and elements like character customization give a worthy reason for replaying. The exhilarating feeling of flying freely in the sky is excellent.

mdubs

Banned
I'll predict F-Zero GX for New 3ds only. I'm certain they'll have to announce an New 3ds exclusive tomorrow considering Xenoblade is the only exclusive so far and is coming out next week. They need to show off more of a long term commitment so early adopters will be happy.

Top Bottom