• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

I said it before, I'll say it again:

I want news of Final Fantasy Explorers being localized.

I want to see (more) good third party games for N3DS.

Davey Cakes

Why does everyone want Platinum to make Star Fox? Every on-rails section in their games are horrible.. Let Treasure do it instead.
I agree. For all the love that Sin & Punishment gets you'd think more people would want the new Star Fox to take similar cues from that series. Treasure seems perfect.

TDLink

Anyways, my predictions:

Definitely
New trailer for Splatoon
New mode reveal for Splatoon
Splatoon on the Treehouse
Exact Splatoon release date
Mewtwo DLC detailed, along with release date (possibly e-mails starting to be sent as soon as the direct is over)
Other Smash DLC talked about (Whether it is just the already promised free stuff or other paid stuff
Mario Kart DLC Pack 2 discussed, along with release date
New trailer for Xenoblade X
A new game announcement of some sort

Possibly
Worldwide release dates for Xenoblade X
Club Nintendo Platinum/Gold rewards (may not be on the direct)
New trailer and Release date for Yoshi
New trailer for Devil's Third
First trailer for Star Fox
Reminder that Xenoblade 3DS is out now (in Europe/Japan, next week in NA)
A second N3DS exclusive game announced

Dreaming
New Zelda Trailer
SMT x FE anything

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I don't.

Seems too much a fan wishlist game than what Nintendo would do.
The way I see it those are the games Nintendo should concentrate on, with their current audience. Plus it should be cheap and quick like Wind Waker HD, and maybe they can take advantage of MK8's online infrastructure to do something cheap with multiplayer.

Exile20

UjTWC4b.png

I wouldn't expect anything from the MK DLC tomorrow. In fact just like last time, I expect to hear about it in May, with trailers randomly released every week on their youtube channel.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Hopin for Fire Emblem or Metroid news.

One is likely, the other, not so much.

Your move, Nintendo.

edit: That bingo board is amazing, lol.

ec0ec0

I still think F-Zero GX has a good chance

I really hope not!! :p I'll explain.

Since last year, i've read a highly disturbing number of posts on GAF, mentioning how difficult/frustating GX was. If nintendo were to release GX again, I'd probably feel compelled to write an in deep GX guide for them. I don't want to do it, it would be really hard ;_;

announce it Nintendo. F-Zero deserves it

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope not!! :p I'll explain.

Since last year, i've read a highly disturbing number of posts on GAF, mentioning how difficult/frustating GX was. If nintendo were to release GX again, I'd probably feel compelled to write an in deep GX guide for them. I don't want to do it, it would be really hard ;_;

announce it Nintendo. F-Zero deserves it

I'll do the guide for you right now: "git gud"

Now they can announce it.

Canon

Banned
My body is "Sir" Reginald Fils-Aime from Haiti, former big-wig and inventor of the Big Foot Pizza from Pizza Hut, eat fresh.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't played a Souls game yet, but I imagine GX story mode is harder. If Nintendo rerelease it they'll likely add a lower difficulty level

They're hardly comparable. Not in the sense that the difference in difficulty is very high, just that both require very different skills to master.

Either way, both series are only for the strongest guys with the most unbreakable backs.

Canon

Banned
Josh Thomas from TheBitBlock says that there's too many indie developers retweeting this Direct that it causes him some concern that perhaps it will be too indie-centric.

WonderzL

Banned
Josh Thomas from TheBitBlock says that there's too many indie developers retweeting this Direct that it causes him some concern that perhaps it will be too indie-centric.

There will be a Runbow announcement that relates to some indie developers. Probably gear from those games. And indies are cool.

Josh5890

Honestly, I can't see Indies taking up more than five minutes with a montage.

Nanashrew

Banned

He has odd concerns. Indies are cool and having a bigger spotlight is good.

Rubixcuba

Banned

There will a 3-4min sizzle reel probably? Nothing wrong with a Direct having games in it!

Top Bottom