• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2014

L~A

Poor worded on my part. I am expecting a better sale from other games not exactly devil survivor :p

And isn't it 11,99€? (I'd bite at 9,99€... )

11.99€ is hardly THAT expensive compared to 9.99€ :p

But yeah, read the UK price instead of the euro one.

OK but when will the first of them be released, do we have a concrete date?

If we had, I would have included it in my previous message ;)

No idea when SEGA's planning to launch the first one, all we know is that it's going to be one game/month. Starting with January, but that's yet to be confirmed.

Tizoc

Shadow of the Ninja is a cool Ninja Gaiden-like game. One of the great action platformers the NES had so many of.

S.C.A.T. (Action in New York for PAL territories) is very similar to Capcom's Section Z. Pretty fun and quite challenging, from what I remember. Even though the difficulty was toned down from the Japanese version.

Obviously haven't played Legend of the Dark Witch, yet, but it's a Mega Man-like that seems pretty polished. US impressions were positive.

Cool thanks, anywhere I can get a 20 Pound eShop card for cheap?

I wish there was a free Christmas Theme. Where did the Holiday spirit go? I'm so broke TT_TT

Sell me on these games GAF as I'm thinking of getting them
S.C.A.T. €4.99 / £3.49
Shadow of the Ninja €4.99 / £3.49
The Legend of Dark Witch €3.99 / £3.49

SCAT is good, not extraordinary but nothing you'll regret playing, not at all. Shadow of the Ninja is a really good action game, hard as balls too. There's a great Game Center CX episode about it. Both of these are by Natsume (the Japanese developer, not just the western publisher), makers of the classic Shatterhand, Pocky and Rocky / Kiki Kai Kai and other highly regarded action games for NES and SNES. I haven't played Dark Witch so can't really comment but everyone who has seems to love it. It looks like a really neat game. So, if you're already interested in them, I doubt you'll regret getting any of these games.

RiggyRob

Do you already own all of the indies like Shovel Knight and Nano Assault?

I don't, no - Nano Assault isn't really my type of game, and Shovel Knight came out pretty late compared to the US release so I wasn't considering that. I do think I'll stick to NES Remix 1&2 plus the NES VC game, maybe Donkey Kong.

Orgen

11.99€ is hardly THAT expensive compared to 9.99€ :p

But yeah, read the UK price instead of the euro one.

Hahaha yeah it's not too much of a difference but my backlog is huuuuuuge (last week I bought Kid Icarus for 9€ and today I'm getting smash bros for wii u) so 2€ make a world of a difference for me right now.

Besides Altus is prone to do sales (at least in the US) so I'm sure we'll see devil survivor on sale in 2015 (and maybe SMTIV too).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just checked & the Mighty Gunvolt DLC is finally up. Again, has to be purchased within the game & you need the latest patch.

tolkir

Hahaha yeah it's not too much of a difference but my backlog is huuuuuuge (last week I bought Kid Icarus for 9€ and today I'm getting smash bros for wii u) so 2€ make a world of a difference for me right now.

Besides Altus is prone to do sales (at least in the US) so I'm sure we'll see devil survivor on sale in 2015 (and maybe SMTIV too).

Overclocked is published by Ghostlight in Europe.

L~A

Hmm... think I'm going to buy Tengami to play before jumping into Bayonetta 2. Beat Bayonetta 1 today, I'd rather take a little break with something brand new.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sweet, got my $30 from Best Buy today instead of the estimated Thursday. Got the Mighty Gunvolt DLC & Picross e3. Thinking of saving $12 for 3D Outrun & maybe 3D Fantasy Zone. Now trying to decide if I should get:

- Mighty Final Fight
- Wild Guns
- Gargoyle's Quest 2
- Demon's Crest
- Duck Hunt (once it hits the Wii U VC)
- Super Castlevania IV
- wait to get 3D Fantasy Zone 2 if I like the first one

TheMoon

Thanks for raining in my parade! :_( is the game only in English? (In the end I'll buy it, I know it...)

156945_back.jpg

game is EN only

also

Banned
Everybody should buy Devil Survivor. That game is so much better than the mediocrity that is Fire Emblem Awakening and yet hardly anybody mentions it while the waifu/husbando simulator gets all the attention :/

I really wish they extend this. Hell just make it a ongoing incentive to buy on the eshop. Going to splurge near the end of the month if there aren't any sales.

My exact feelings and I will have a Christmas blow out buying spree.

I think I given up on Shante to make it before the year is over for the Wii U . :(

randomkid

I was gonna pick up Warioland 4 but it looks like GBA carts actually go for less than even the sale price. I know pirate carts are apparently rampant but I assume if I pick someone with 100% positive reviews and a real pic I should be straight.

Ooooh, S.C.A.T. and Shadow of the Ninja in EU this week! Looking forward to both of these when they hit NA.

I'm pretty happy with how the NES and SNES VC on Wii U is turning out.

@MUWANdo

Banned
What's the verdict on the GBC Lufia Returns?

It has a fun battle system and looks/sounds great for a GBA game but the translation is typical Natsume "quality" and you spend most of the game trekking through dull, randomly-generated dungeons without any of the cool Zelda-esque puzzles from the console games. I kinda like it but the dungeons really are a dealbreaker for a lot of people.

TheMoon

FYI, a Costume Quest 2 patch came out yesterday or so.

I assume they fixed the sound glitch. Because Off-TV still isn't in there. What a bummer. I hope they get to do a second one.

Tizoc

Ooooh, S.C.A.T. and Shadow of the Ninja in EU this week! Looking forward to both of these when they hit NA.

I'm pretty happy with how the NES and SNES VC on Wii U is turning out.

Are they up on 3DS EU eShop yet? I checked like 12 hours ago but they didn't show up :p

daydream

Banned

I assume they fixed the sound glitch. Because Off-TV still isn't in there. What a bummer. I hope they get to do a second one.

Huh, I might be in if they also fixed the framerate. Might have to ask in the OT (or do you know, Moon?).

SerTapTap

Oh goodness Yumi's Odd Odyssey is hard. I keep missing jumps, not even fancy reel tricks (I'm usually fine with those so far), just merrily hopping off of edges and landing a bit short. Up to 15 retries on level 4...

ABSOLUTELY!

Knuckles Jump through everything.

I'm excited to play the demo.

Only reason I'm excited to try it. I also think I'll get the game once it's bargain bin just for the bug, I love messing with stuff like that

TheMoon

Huh, I might be in if they also fixed the framerate. Might have to ask in the OT (or do you know, Moon?).

The dev said back when he revealed they were already working on the patch that performance should be better. I have only tested it this morning for 2 minutes, trying to find the off-tv feature. No clue if it actually is improved.

Oddduck

So I noticed that Epic Mickey 2 is $10 on the North American Wii U eShop, and I decided to buy it just for the hell of it since the price is cheap. Also, I had $5 from the digital deluxe promotion, so I only really paid over $5 for this game.

For ten bucks, did I make a terrible decision?

TheMoon

So I noticed that Epic Mickey 2 is $10 on the Wii U eShop, and I decided to buy it just for the hell of it since the price is cheap. Also, I had $5 from the digital deluxe promotion, so I only really paid over $5 for this game.

For ten bucks, did I make a terrible decision?

Yes because the Wii U version is a complete trainwreck. Should've spent those $10 on the Wii version with superior pointer controls and superior performance.

Oddduck

Yes because the Wii U version is a complete trainwreck. Should've spent those $10 on the Wii version with superior pointer controls and superior performance.

Ah, I see.

I did also buy The Wonderful 101 for $20 so I'll be spending most of my time on that anyways. :)

donny2112

Did you try pressing "-" like how Pikmin 3 works for Off-TV? Don't have the game, but will pick it up before the end of the year for DDP, in any case. Aren't planning on playing it more than enough to fill out the post-play survey without Off-TV, though. Want to save the bulk of the playthrough for Off-TV mode. :(

TheMoon

Did you try pressing "-" like how Pikmin 3 works for Off-TV? Don't have the game, but will pick it up before the end of the year for DDP, in any case. Aren't planning on playing it more than enough to fill out the post-play survey without Off-TV, though. Want to save the bulk of the playthrough for Off-TV mode. :(

Yes, obviously. I tried everything. There is no menu option, no "logic" button combo/button.

maxcriden

TheMoon

It wasn't obvious. Donny didn't just assume you pressed every possible button and permutation. In fact, I doubt very much that you did. That would have taken at least 182 attempts.

P.S. Where is the logic button on the GamePad, anyway? Are you using a Logitech knock-off again?

Minus is the go-to Off-TV button. First thing I tried. It also secretly doubles as the fabled "logic" button. :)

donny2112

I'm more a Fruity Loops kinda guy. Never used logic.

Fruit Loops are great...

*ahem*

Thanks for checking! Kind of dampens hope for Off-TV in CQ2 anytime soon, unless it's a minor thing they had to resubmit or something, though. Keep hoping Ittle Dew will have an update sometime soon, and that should include Off-TV play. They said that it was included with the EU version and would be bringing that over to the U.S. version. Figure if Itlle Dew gets patched, that it'll have that in it, for sure*.

* -
Hopefully

teeg

Is there anyone in this thread that is local to NYC and would be willing to pick up some items from the Nintendo World Store and drop them in the mail for me? I'd cover all costs. Send me a PM if you are willing and we can work out the details.

Next week's games for Japan
Wii U
Dec 10
Pac-World 2 (Bandai Namco) -5119 yen
Pokemon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire(GBA) - 702 yen
Namco Museum (GBA) - 702 yen

3DS
Dec 11
Daisenryaku: Dai Toua Kouboushi - Dainijisekaitaisen Boppatsu - Suujiku Sentai Rengougun Zensekaisen (SystemSoft) - 7020 yen (Retail Only)?
Dec 13
Youkai Watch 2: Shin Uchi (Level - 5) - 4968 yen

Also Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater 3D is coming to the eShop on December 16 with a theme
https://twitter.com/kojima_pro/status/539957200605544448

Top Bottom