• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2014

daydream

Banned
isn't that game riddled with bugs and shit?

Hm, not on Vita. Not sure about PC (although I didn't have a great time with that version, the controls weren't as responsive, I thought).

OlliOlli is great, happy that more people will get to play it.

ohlawd

brehs, FE7 >>>> all

Hm, not on Vita. Not sure about PC (although I didn't have a great time with that version, the controls weren's as responsive, I thought).

OlliOlli is great, happy that more people will get to play it.

I swear I heard freezing issues for that. Must be confusing myself with another game.

daydream

Banned
brehs, FE7 >>>> all

I swear I heard freezing issues for that. Must be confusing myself with another game.

I played it pretty late (like, two months ago) so it was probably patched in the meantime and we're both right.

FE7 is great. Proof:

Lyn_lord_sword_critical.gif

JCho133

Just picked up Gunvolt since its on sale. Really damn good.

The only thing that bothers me is that gathering materials is a bit too up to chance. The Challenge rewards offset that a little bit.

donny2112

Looks like Fire Emblem (GBA) and Lode Runner (NES) are coming to Wii U tomorrow in NA.

Fire Emblem

WMx5PiN.gif

Heavy Breathing, Heavy Breathing...

Look I know it's considered the best Fire Emblem but what evs, it was my first FE, so I wants it.

C6SOQww.gif

Spent 250+ hours on this game on GBA. Will abuse the heck out of save states in Arenas, as that's where most of my time was spent on the GBA version but can do it now without the risk of losing 3 hours work!!!!!

GulAtiCa

That board/card game looks interesting. I'd imagine they might have expansion DLC most likely, if not just normal IAP stuff.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ah yes, just did an interview with World of Keflings dev Ninjabee, I have to pass along some sad news for PAL owners, it seems like localization is in jeopardy in between the usual ratings shenanigans and the quote "dismal" sales of Keflings in North America.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Ah yes, just did an interview with World of Keflings dev Ninjabee, I have to pass along some sad news for PAL owners, it seems like localization is in jeopardy in between the usual ratings shenanigans and the quote "dismal" sales of Keflings in North America.

I'm sure it would have done better if they didn't delay it a zillion times and bothered to promote it a little more, but them's the breaks.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I'm sure it would have done better if they didn't delay it a zillion times and bothered to promote it a little more, but them's the breaks.

Agreed, turned out they started development before Wii U launch and things got delayed as they added touchscreen features and revamped art. Also, they put the game only the sideline a few times due to contract work (like Disney Infinity).

@MUWANdo

Banned
Agreed, turned out they started development before Wii U launch and things got delayed as they added touchscreen features and revamped art. Also, they put the game only the sideline a few times due to contract work (like Disney Infinity).

Ninjabee worked on Disney Infinity? I thought that was Ninja Theory.

L~A

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker – Ready for adventure? Captain Toad stars in his own puzzling quest through maze-like mini-universes, only on Wii U. Each stage is stacked with tricks and traps, so our stubby little hero will have to use his wits to dodge dangers and track those treasures. Survive smoldering volcanoes, hazardous steam engines, haunted houses and many other perils – all in the name of treasure! Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker will be available on Dec. 5. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric – Demo Version – Try it before you buy it! Download the free demo version of Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric. Sonic and his friends must work together as a team to stop the evil alliance of Lyric and Dr. Eggman. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.

Virtual Console on Wii U

Fire Emblem – Play the first Fire Emblem game to ever be released in the U.S.! In this timeless Game Boy Advance classic, master battle tactics as you train your army, learn their strengths and weaknesses and command them into the fray. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
Lode Runner – Play as the Runner and collect all of the gold in 50 challenging stages. The action may be easy to pick up and play, but the stages become increasingly challenging as you move on. You can also create your own levels in Edit Mode.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Ultimate NES Remix – Take on a rapid-fire onslaught of challenges and mashups from 16 of Nintendo’s finest 8-bit games. Test your skills on a gantlet of quick, tricky challenges and remix stages that combine parts of different NES classics like Super Mario Bros. 3, Kid Icarus and Metroid. The best mix of titles from the NES Remix and NES Remix 2 games is on Nintendo 3DS… now you’re playing with PORTABLE power! As a bonus, get a free Famicom theme for your Nintendo 3DS Home menu when you purchase the Ultimate NES Remix.* Click here to watch a trailer for the game.

*For Nintendo eShop purchases, the download code for the free theme will appear on the digital Nintendo eShop receipt. For the packaged version, the code will be included on the reverse side of the game cover sleeve. Download codes are available while supplies last. Both the download codes and the offer expire on Dec. 5, 2015.

Nintendo eShop Sales

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
To celebrate Walt Disney’s birthday this week, Disney is discounting Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two on Wii U, Disney Planes on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U and other fun games until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 8.
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
99Seconds is more than 40 percent off (reduced from $2.49 to $1.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 26.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan is 50 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $14.99) starting at 9 a.m. PT on Dec. 8 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 22.
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers is 50 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $14.99) starting at 9 a.m. PT on Dec. 8 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 22.
AeternoBlade is more than 40 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $7.99) starting at 9 a.m. PT on Dec. 5 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 19.
AiRace Xeno is 40 percent off (reduced from $2.49 to $1.69) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 25.

Also new this week:

Christmas Wonderland 4 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Disney Violetta: Rhythm and Music (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

NA.

maxcriden

So hyped for Toad tomorrow.

Miss that Coming Soon section, though.

Some odds for VC releases by the end of the year:

DKC 3:1
Metroid ZM 12:1
Pop'n Twinbee: Rainbow Bell Adventures 75:1 :'(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Fine, I'll download the Sonic Boom demo.

Least the free Famicom theme deal will last a whole year. Maybe I'll get lucky and someone will give theirs away who doesn't want it.

jholmes

I don't know how you release a port like Keflings both this late and this janky. The game is fun and all but holy hell it's unpolished for a port that's seen some two years worth of delays. And then they priced it at $15!

SerTapTap

Please report in if you can glitch in the Sonic Boom demo. I wouldn't be surprised if they just disabled Knuckles in it

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Attack on Titan Attacks.

So do we know if the free theme with physical games is from after registering it on Club Nintendo, or do you get it as a separate code?

Fewr

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan is 50 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $14.99)
I assume there's no need to ask if this game is good, or even if it's a good deal.
I just want to know where in the series this is. I know they don't have story, but I got confused with sequels, remakes and the rest.

tuffy

I assume there's no need to ask if this game is good, or even if it's a good deal.
I just want to know where in the series this is. I know they don't have story, but I got confused with sequels, remakes and the rest.
EO IV is the latest mainline title in the series that's been released. EO:Untold is a remake of the first game that came out after EO IV. EO:Untold 2 is a remake of the second game but that has yet to arrive in NA.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I don't know how you release a port like Keflings both this late and this janky. The game is fun and all but holy hell it's unpolished for a port that's seen some two years worth of delays. And then they priced it at $15!

From what I got out of the interview it seems like they treated the port like a side project and just got tired of working on it and just decided to release the thing.

Logged onto the 3DS eshop to grab NES Remix today and while I clearly didn't realize it isn't available until tomorrow I also didn't realize it was going to be $34.99 (CDN). What makes this entry worth nearly twice what the previous entries coat?! Nintendo's pricing just seems out of whack this week (Commander Toad as well).

So hyped for Toad tomorrow.

Miss that Coming Soon section, though.

Some odds for VC releases by the end of the year:

DKC 3:1
Metroid ZM 12:1
Pop'n Twinbee: Rainbow Bell Adventures 75:1 :'(

I am really excited for Toad as well. Seeing that at the top of the press release had me all :D

donny2112

Logged onto the 3DS eshop to grab NES Remix today and while I clearly didn't realize it isn't available until tomorrow I also didn't realize it was going to be $34.99 (CDN). What makes this entry worth nearly twice what the previous entries coat?! Nintendo's pricing just seems out of whack this week (Commander Toad as well).

It's a "Best of" the first two NES Remix games. Essentially NES Remix 1+2 is a better deal for the gaming content, but the 3DS has 1) leaderboards, 2) less lesser franchises, and 3) portability.

TheMoon

It's a compilation of both games. Minus all the games nobody cares about anyway. Plus new stuff (Speed Mario Bros) and Famicom Remix (harder) challenges.

Top Bottom