• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2015

Why does NOA insist on having massive lag time for AAA NES and SNES VC releases as opposed to when Europe gets them? DKC delay is starting to look like another repeat of LTTP and SMB 3, both of which Europe received roughly 5-6 months before NA.
My only guess is a VC release is seen as something to fill the gaps but at the same time it is popular enough to threaten the rest of the shop. If you're an Indie developer the last thing you want to see is your game sabotaged because DKC came out on top of it.

GulAtiCa

My only guess is a VC release is seen as something to fill the gaps but at the same time it is popular enough to threaten the rest of the shop. If you're an Indie developer the last thing you want to see is your game sabotaged because DKC came out on top of it.

yep, this could be a good reason. If you release a game on top of a SNES game in much of demand, will likely hurt sales.

NOE prob gets more VC games faster is likely do to how NOA gets more indie games then NOE thanks to those annoying rating fees. So NOE is more likely to have weeks with less content per week that needs to be filled.

Still annoying for us NOA players, but likely a contribution.

maxcriden

Thanks, Chrom!

[Wii U] Kung Fu Rabbit - $2.49 thru 1/22 (was $4.99)
[Wii U] Tetrobot & Co. - $7.99 thru 1/22 (was $9.99)
[Wii U] Wooden Sen'SeY - $6.99 thru 1/22 (was $9.99)

My recommendations. Kung Fu Rabbit is a must have at $2.49.

foltzie1

yep, this could be a good reason. If you release a game on top of a SNES game in much of demand, will likely hurt sales.

NOE prob gets more VC games faster is likely do to how NOA gets more indie games then NOE thanks to those annoying rating fees. So NOE is more likely to have weeks with less content per week that needs to be filled.

Still annoying for us NOA players, but likely a contribution.

This really seems to be the only option that makes anything resembling sense. Nintendo either locally or at the global level has decided that the eshop should see a specific number of reases a week. Which in isolation completely reasonable is completely reasonable.

However, the existing eshop is rightly viewed in relation of the previous Wii eshop and the international eshop and in that comparison it looks really roguh, especially for the larger consumers of digital content on the Wii.

tolkir

Oof, brutal.

Hope you enjoy Tetrobot! Where's your ava from btw?

Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis.

bah40a.jpg

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Chariot (Frima Studios | $14.99)
  • Maze (TreeFall Studios | $2.99)
    eqjru1t5117egtbwemwkadqucu.png
    ybp8brya2qbog4grvuif66uufm.png

Wii U | Virtual Console

Wii U | Sales

• Cubemen 2 - $4.99 thru 1/22 (was $7.99)
  • Kung Fu Rabbit - $2.49 thru 1/22 (was $4.99)
  • Puddle - $4.99 thru 1/22 (was $7.99)
  • Tetrobot & Co. - $7.99 thru 1/22 (was $9.99)
  • Wooden Sen'SeY - $6.99 thru 1/22 (was $9.99)
  • Snake Den - $1.25 thru 1/28 (was $3.99)
  • 99Moves - $1.49 thru 1/29 (was $2.49)
  • 99Seconds - $1.49 thru 1/29 (was $2.49)
  • Abyss - $1.49 thru 1/29 (was $1.99)
  • Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues - $1.99 thru 2/2 (was $4.99)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Shantae and the Pirates Curse - $14.99 thru 1/22 (was $19.99)
  • Van Helsing Sniper Zx100 - $0.99 thru 1/28 (was $6.66)
  • 4 Elements - $3.99 thru 4/2 (was $5.99)
  • Azada - $3.99 thru 4/2 (was $5.99)
  • Hidden Expedition Titanic - $3.99 thru 4/2 (was $5.99)
  • Luxor - $3.99 thru 4/2 (was $5.99)
  • Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove - $3.99 thru 4/2 (was $5.99)
  • Mystery Cave Files: Ravenhearst - $3.99 thru 4/2 (was $5.99)
  • Mystery Cave Files: Return to Ravenhearst - $3.99 thru 4/2 (was $5.99)

vYU92.png

• Chariot (Frima Studios | €14.99 | £13.49)
  • Underground (Grendel Games | €19.99 | £15.99)
    TM_WiiUDS_Chariot_search_thumb.jpg
    TM_WiiUDS_Underground_search_thumb.jpg

Wii U | Virtual Console

• Dig Dug (Bandai Namco Games | NES *US Version* | €4.99 | £3.49)
  • Lode Runner (Konami | NES *US Version* | €4.99 | £3.49)
    PS_3DSVC_DigDug_search_thumb.png
    TM_WiiUVC_LodeRunner_search_thumb.jpg

Wii U | Sales

• Paper Monsters Recut - €3.29/£2.79 Until January 15
  • Tested with robots! - €5.00/£4.50 Until January 15
  • EDGE - €0.99/£0.89 Until January 21
  • RUSH - €0.99/£0.89 Until January 21
  • Toki Tori - €0.99/£0.89 Until January 21
  • Cubemen 2 - €4.99/£4.49 Until January 22
  • Tetrobot & Co. - €4.99/£3.74 If you own Kung Fu Rabbit, Puddle or Wooden Sen'SeY on Wii U. Until January 22
  • Kung Fu Rabbit - €2.49/£2.24 If you own Tetrobot & Co., Puddle or Wooden Sen'SeY on Wii U. Until January 22
  • Puddle - €3.49/£3.14 If you own Tetrobot & Co., Kung Fu Rabbit or Wooden Sen'SeY on Wii U. Until January 22
  • Wooden Sen'Sey - €4.99/£4.00 If you own Tetrobot & Co., Puddle or Kung Fu Rabbit on Wii U. Until January 22
  • Trine 2: Director's Cut - €8.49/£6.99 Until January 29

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• EDGE - €0.99/£0.89 Until January 21
  • Coaster Creator 3D - €5.00/£4.00 Until January 22
  • Cubit The Hardcore Platformer Robot - €1.99/£1.80 Until February 8

uxwGK.png

Wii U | Virtual Console

GulAtiCa

After ZaciSa's patch is live, plan to do a fun $0.49 sale (75% off) in Feb sometime. Not sure how long, either 1 week or 2. Unless it sells like 100+ units per day, I will actually will barely make any money. But doing it cause am curious how it might go (esp after patch is live and new assets made from Camjo-Z are live). Also doing it as sometime in March, I plan to raise the game's price to like $2.99 or $3.99 (which is why for Europe's version will also be reflected in similar price at launch).

Speaking of Europe, PEGI should have a rating by next week or the week after. Sending off to USK next week (want to make sure the stuff I sent to PEGI didn't have any issues) :)

Here is the new eShop assets you will see in NA & EU eShops: (thanks again to Camjo-Z)

1T4.png
1SWI6d.png

osrA.png

(2 sets for NA & EU regions)

Yeah I can see that side too, didn't realize indie releases are sparser on EU shop.

Mega Man Battle Network is a garbage franchise, and is basically responsible for killing Mega Man in the first place. Don't shoot me! I would have rather had the GBA port of Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts. I would have rather had Mario vs. Donkey Kong. I would have rather had Golden Sun: The Lost Age. I would have rather had... anything else. If they continue releasing GBA games at such an alarming rate, they'll have nothing left for the rest of the year. Unless N64 and DS games are actually coming, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Balb

Mega Man Battle Network is a garbage franchise, and is basically responsible for killing Mega Man in the first place. Don't shoot me! I would have rather had the GBA port of Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts. I would have rather had Mario vs. Donkey Kong. I would have rather had Golden Sun: The Lost Age. I would have rather had... anything else. If they continue releasing GBA games at such an alarming rate, they'll have nothing left for the rest of the year. Unless N64 and DS games are actually coming, but I'll believe it when I see it.

The Battle Network games were why the series existed for as long as it did. You may not have liked the games but they sold really well. Better than just about every other Mega Man game, actually.

They'll have plenty to release when there is a HUGE backlog of games, but they choose to release one a week. NOA being NOA. Absolute shit. Every Monday I see NOE releasing game after game after game, sale after sale; then Thursday comes and NOA continually is a huge let down. It took almost a fucking year for them to release Super Mario Bros 3 compared to the other regions. Anyone who defends NOA or uses shitty excuses is not living in reality as far as I'm concerned.

maxcriden

Gonzo, don't forget that positive thread you promised me a while back ;)

(pictured above: waiting patiently)

Javier

They'll have plenty to release when there is a HUGE backlog of games, but they choose to release one a week. NOA being NOA. Absolute shit. Every Monday I see NOE releasing game after game after game, sale after sale; then Thursday comes and NOA continually is a huge let down. It took almost a fucking year for them to release Super Mario Bros 3 compared to the other regions. Anyone who defends NOA or uses shitty excuses is not living in reality as far as I'm concerned.
To be fair, why would anyone defend NOE? They have awful costumer service, no Nintendo TVii, Kirby games months late, no SMBDX on eShop for purchase, no GBA Castlevanias, no Rusty's Real Deal Baseball, Super Metroid and DKC2 (and countless other games) on 50Hz, and I'm sure several other isolated examples that EuroGAF can vouch for.

The problem isn't which one is worse, it's the complete lack of communication between regions.

To be fair, why would anyone defend NOE? They have awful costumer service, no Nintendo TVii, Kirby games months late, no SMBDX on eShop for purchase, no GBA Castlevanias, no Rusty's Real Deal Baseball, Super Metroid and DKC2 (and countless other games) on 50Hz, and I'm sure several other isolated examples that EuroGAF can vouch for.

The problem isn't which one is worse, it's the complete lack of communication between regions.

I don't recall asking why anyone would defend NOE.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member

SMB DX has been available on the 3DS eShop for a long time now.
noe sucks because there is no club nintendo in scandinavia

1. Tvii is useless. NOA doesn't even support TVii here. I don't think NCL does either.
2. Kirby Rainbow Curse? It's coming in 2015. You have a date range.
3. Given away for free by NOE and NCL. NOA? Charged us.
4. Ask Konami
5. Europe and "free to play" are in a state of flux.
6. Super Metroid and DKC2 and others were released.

What are you complaining about again? If you're trying to make NOE look incompetent; you didn't do it.

TheMoon

Can we make a Nintendo Downloads - Month Year: STFU Edition and a Nintendo Downloads - Month Year: NOA Complaints Edition?

terrisus

Can we make a Nintendo Downloads - Month Year: STFU Edition and a Nintendo Downloads - Month Year: NOA Complaints Edition?

He already has two topics specifically for complaining about NOA.

I blocked him a while ago, but it's fairly useless when people keep quoting and responding to him.
I've just about had it with these topics, frankly.

We are discussing exactly what this thread is about. Weekly Nintendo PR. There have been many of times people have been completely off topic with nothing regarding Weekly Nintendo Downloads and not a peep has ever been said. Just because you don't agree with what is being said; doesn't mean it is off topic.

Javier

2. Kirby Rainbow Curse? It's coming in 2015. You have a date range.
4. Ask Konami
5. Europe and "free to play" are in a state of flux.
6. Super Metroid and DKC2 and others were released.

What are you complaining about again? If you're trying to make NOE look incompetent; you didn't do it.
2. 2nd Half 2015 July at the earliest. That's at least 5 months of difference.
4. You're using 3rd party games as an excuse to shit on NoA. Why does NoE get a pass for 3rd party titles?
5. Release the game in full then. No biggie.
6. Holy crap, man. You completely missed the point.

What I'm saying here is that if you're going to draw a comparison between NoA and NoE, at least be fair in doing so. You complain that NoA got a particular game months late yet NoE is fine releasing games in 50Hz when the better versions are perfectly available? Come on.

maxcriden

News round-up for y'all:

Never Alone could come to Wii U

N: Have you ever thought about a Nintendo version of Never Alone? Have you made some steps in that direction?

UOG: Absolutely! Nintendo‘s one of the biggest and important names in video game history, so we’ve definitely thought a lot of about making a version for one of their platforms. We designed Never Alone to be approachable by a wide audience — something that Nintendo succeeds at year after year, decade after decade.

As for platform that would be, the obvious best one is the Wii U. Games like Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, and Super Smash Bros. have shown once again that Nintendo excels at making their games shine on their system. But with the Wii U, a lot of other companies are making great versions of their own games as well — like Guacamelee, Rayman Legends, Bayonetta 2, and so on. We’ve got a lot of great ideas for what a Wii U version of Never Alone could look like, and we’d love to bring it to Nintendo fans someday. Just picturing stamps for Little People and Nuna, or Miiverse fan artwork of Fox… it seems like a pretty great fit.

Via http://www.nintendon.it/speskullations-13-alone-cultural-upper-games/2/ and gonintendo.com

--

Kotaku goes to the PokéCafe

A couple pics:

b8s412ptp02wasxwmfvl.jpg

imwjledsg9s87bsw1bv3.jpg

Much more at the link above.

--

Fun 33 Wario facts video:

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/244790-33-facts-about-wario

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I've noticed that the Wii U Virtual Console has 2 versions of Super Mario World; the GBA and SNES version. Which version is the one to get?

That Pokemon Cafe looks amazing!

I've noticed that the Wii U Virtual Console has 2 versions of Super Mario World; the GBA and SNES version. Which version is the one to get?

SNES. No contest. Though a video on youtube does a comparison in favor of the GBA.

maxcriden

The upswing for the GBA version is if you like to play as Luigi with the polarizing (personally I love 'em) floaty physics, the GBA version's your jam. Otherwise, SNES for sure.

It was supposed to be about games ;)

That one's not *too* bad though :)

BooJoh

Don't worry guys, the slim pickings on NA eShop this year must be because they're no doubt going to release a deluge of VC titles and launch SNES, GBA, and VB VC on 3DS and N64 and GCN VC on Wii U during the inevitable upcoming New 3DS Direct.

Valid complaints but it's not going to change. Just do what I do and try to maintain a healthy GBA cart library (mine is virtually future proofed now that I have a backlit modded AGB 001, no SP battery haggles, pics below). The only GBA VC titles I've bought so far are Advance Wars and Klonoa and only because I never got around to the carts back in the day. I've had little more than minor interest since GBA was announced for VC. It's nice it's there but I'm neither expecting nor anticipating on needing a lot out of it myself.

It's actually an attitude I've tried to bring to VC since the Wii shop. If a VC AAA title is released, awesome. If not, then I rely on my existing collection or just getting a physical copy when I can. Unless we get a Direct surprise soon N64 and DS (which is instantly pointless due to BC) support are just floating in the ether. Anyways, aa usual, NOA may flub the GBA releases all they want, so I just fall back on this:

8DBB7A50-07F2-4C74-82BA-5C4D75CFF5BF-4897-0000038083703F9B_zpse93c6f5e.jpg

D89C3E59-2D1E-4EA7-9F95-8EC9214CEA08-5265-0000042EEC55DED6_zps9966aaeb.jpg

FBB88E7D-B8E5-4DD5-8247-697AC43F63CF-4897-000003811C8A387D_zpsf9715006.jpg

DC19858D-AAF7-4E1B-831F-CABCFDD498D4-4897-000003803F33CEEA_zpsa5a4ef07.jpg

ED960B49-4844-4CEF-BBC1-CA11B1169FDA-5265-0000042F05F56DE1_zpsae25f988.jpg

BAEB9CB1-16E5-49F4-9834-93DB953E4C0D-1183-0000016C4FAC54F2_zps85143f42.jpg

5B3CFBE1-4FBD-4857-82EE-A776ABDB7DFE-5265-0000044D7E7692CB_zps5e6d1273.jpg

Don't worry guys, the slim pickings on NA eShop this year must be because they're no doubt going to release a deluge of VC titles and launch SNES, GBA, and VB VC on 3DS and N64 and GCN VC on Wii U during the inevitable upcoming New 3DS Direct.

Truthfully, it hasn't been too bad recently. At least we're getting GBA games and not NES ROM dumps that aren't even emulated properly. I just wish there was more regional parity. Donkey Kong Country is conveniently my favorite game series of all-time, so the wait is killing me. :Y

Truthfully, it hasn't been too bad recently. At least we're getting GBA games and not NES ROM dumps that aren't even emulated properly. I just wish there was more regional parity. Donkey Kong Country is conveniently my favorite game series of all-time, so the wait is killing me. :Y

Their GBA and SNES games are emulated perfectly and should be rewarded. The NES games is not bad, but the colors are way off. I don't know how or why they even allowed it to be released like that, but I am certainly glad that they have M2 handling the GBA games. I can only hope they handle the N64 as well.

I blocked him a while ago, but it's fairly useless when people keep quoting and responding to him.

I heard you have had some health issues. I hope you get better soon!

maxcriden

No offense intended, and I ask this as your friend--is it really necessarily to block/put someone on ignore like this? I dunno. I would never ignore over such a thing but it's kind of funny to me to see this because the both of you are really cut from the same cloth. You both are two of the most passionate Nintendo fans I know and have strongly-held beliefs about Nintendo, what you want from them, and how to articulate it. I just think you'd both get along pretty famously, is all. Again, no offense intended, just wanted to share that thought.

Glass Joe

Super Nintendo. It was originally the SNES pack-in game, so play the classic games on the classic consoles they originally appeared on!

daydream

Banned

I wanted to say that it's been getting insufferable but we both know the whole routine has been insufferable for months now. I like your solution, though, and I'll be doing the same.

also

Banned
Their GBA and SNES games are emulated perfectly and should be rewarded. The NES games is not bad, but the colors are way off. I don't know how or why they even allowed it to be released like that, but I am certainly glad that they have M2 handling the GBA games. I can only hope they handle the N64 as well.
!

There's no multiplayer support for GBA and there's additional lag for SNES (and NES). GBA also doesn't support Game Boy Player features, like the rumble in Mario & Luigi SS. Far from perfect and that's not even mentioning the issues of PAL VC.

AmyS

In case anyone was worried for the US, 3D After Burner II is indeed coming January 15, for $5.99.

This release (Japanese, NA and EU 3DS eShop) represents the first arcade perfect version of an After Burner game on a Nintendo platform.

Only other two versions of After Burner appeared on Nintendo systems, and they were both pretty terrible.

The first was for the 8-bit Famicom, programmed by Sunsoft and released by TENGEN either officially or unofficially on the NES.

TtprMFz.jpg

LOL "SUN Enterprise" on the carrier!

8IvQUAv.jpg

YdsMzS1.jpg

5d7EOoT.jpg

QjxECJ6.jpg

offtopic: anyone remember this print ad in U.S. game magazines?

SaLLD0a.jpg
[/img]

And the other After Burner game on a Nintendo platform was by Bits Studios on the compilation Sega Arcade Gallery for the Game Boy Advance.

pPIw5T9.jpg

JZOysFl.jpg

The GBA with it's SNES-like Mode 7 scaling & rotation was most definitely not up to the task of reproducing what Sega's Super-Scalar X-Board arcade hardware could do, but for 3DS, it is no problemo'

:)

BooJoh

There's no multiplayer support for GBA and there's additional lag for SNES (and NES). GBA also doesn't support Game Boy Player features, like the rumble in Mario & Luigi SS. Far from perfect and that's not even mentioning the issues of PAL VC.

I just wish I could turn off the instruction manual button in the corner of the gamepad screen for GBA games :(

Prez

Would someone in Europe with a 3DS be so kind to check on the eshop if Korg DSN-12 and Korg M01D are still discounted? I don't have a 3DS (yet) so I can't see. I just found out about it but I think the sale ended yesterday :/

Top Bottom