• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2015

daydream

Banned
sörine;146311496 said:
BN2-3 and Zero 2 were all already confirmed by Capcom USA awhile back. Then again we're still waiting on a couple Wii U releases that Capcom USA claimed would be out by the end of 2014 (Street Fighter 2010, Breath of Fire 1).

With Capcom being as erratic as they are, I was afraid they had decided to silently cop out.

I've got a question and I'm pretty sure you guys know the answer:
Shovel Knight is on sale until the 8th (tomorrow). Does that mean that it'll still be on sale tomorrow or is today (the 7th) the last day to get it cheaper? I can't buy it today and would hate to miss this chance, so I want to make extra sure. Thanks!

iMDeP59.jpg

MAX! HALP! I'm calling it quits for now. I can already feel a dumb gamer moment. I can't get to that spot. I got the down smash ability, came back here and I'm stuck :/.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
1) no idea
2) you don't have to redownload stuff. there are various ways to transfer. one of them involves copying stuff to a computer. of course you CAN redownload everything. there is also a method that moves everything over during the transfer but that takes HOURS (as in double digits!) and is only for those without any alternative.
3) everything moves over
5) yes
6) no idea

I actually had my own question regarding 3DS to 3DS transfers if anyone has done one. I've already purchased a 32GB microSD for when I get a New 3DS, and I'm currently using a 32GB standard SD in my 3DS. For the smoothest transfer process, should I just switch my OG 3DS to the microSD now using the included adapter and then presumably once the transfer is finished I can simply move the card into the new system?

By this do you mean you have three separate SD cards you swap between with different software on each? I could see that causing an issue with the New 3DS because you have to remove the back cover plate to access the microSD slot.

Seems to be the same limitation as the regular 3DS, SDHC up to 32GB, they just have to be microSD. You may be able to get it to use bigger cards as some people have with regular 3DS despite it not supporting them natively, but I don't have experience with that.

thanks to both of you.
I still have some doubts:

my main concern is that if I transfer data from my OG 3DS with its 4Gb SD Card (my "eshop card"), I'll still have my other two SD Card (8Gb each) with the DD version of retail games to be transferred.
I wonder if, doing the data transfer, I'll transfer the "3DS data" and the SD card games to the new micro SD card and to the new 3DS, right?
After that, considering that I'll look for a 32Gb Micro SD Card, what should be the best way to move all my actual contents to the new 3DS? simply copy-paste the micro SD Card 4gb contents to the new 32gb micro sd, and re-download the other contents from the eshop?

BooJoh

thanks to both of you.

my main concern is that if I transfer data from my OG 3DS with its 4Gb SD Card (my "eshop card"), I'll still have my other two SD Card (8Gb each) with the DD version of retail games to be transferred.
I wonder if, doing the data transfer, I'll transfer the "3DS data" and the SD card games to the new micro SD card and to the new 3DS, right?
After that, considering that I'll look for a 32Gb Micro SD Card, what should be the best way to move all my actual contents to the new 3DS? simply copy-paste the micro SD Card 4gb contents to the new 32gb micro sd, and re-download the other contents from the eshop?

When upgrading from a smaller SD card to a larger one I've always just copied the files directly using my PC. It might be possible to effectively merge two SD cards with different content simply by copying the contents of one to the other or copying both to a third, but I'm not sure since I've always stuck to having just one SD card per system at any given time.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
When upgrading from a smaller SD card to a larger one I've always just copied the files directly using my PC. It might be possible to effectively merge two SD cards with different content simply by copying the contents of one to the other or copying both to a third, but I'm not sure since I've always stuck to having just one SD card per system at any given time.

thank you
in any case, please tell me is something is wrong in this "flow" of steps:

I receive the New 3DS
I do the data transfer from my OG 3DS with its 4Gb Sd card inside
After that, my New 3DS will be "mine" (bonded to my Account) with the contents (games) of my 4Gb SD cards transferred to my new Micro SD card
I buy a Micro SD card 32Gb
I re-download DD versions of retail games from the eshop
I sell my OG 3DS because it is "useless" (no linked to my account, and I have a lot of eshop contents)

Is that right?

Citizens of Earth is one of the few games I want to read some reviews of.

It loos promising, but everything has this...animated in Java or Flash or whatever look to it.

Hope it is =<15 &#8364;

Edit: Oh... the release date is the 20th ...well, yeah thats...still some time.

BooJoh

thank you
in any case, please tell me is something is wrong in this "flow" of steps:

I receive the New 3DS
I do the data transfer from my OG 3DS with its 4Gb Sd card inside
After that, my New 3DS will be "mine" (bonded to my Account) with the contents (games) of my 4Gb SD cards transferred to my new Micro SD card
I buy a Micro SD card 32Gb
I re-download DD versions of retail games from the eshop
I sell my OG 3DS because it is "useless" (no linked to my account, and I have a lot of eshop contents)

Is that right?

Using that process I think you would lose the saves of your retail DD titles.

I've done Wii to Wii U transfer and DSi to 3DS transfer but have never done 3DS to 3DS transfer myself. But I think in general with 3DS to 3DS transfers it's assumed you'll use the same SD card before and after transfer, simply moving it to the new system. (see this link) I don't know how that will change with New 3DS due to microSD, and again I don't know how having multiple SD cards will affect the process.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Using that process I think you would lose the saves of your retail DD titles.

I've done Wii to Wii U transfer and DSi to 3DS transfer but have never done 3DS to 3DS transfer myself. But I think in general with 3DS to 3DS transfers it's assumed you'll use the same SD card before and after transfer, simply moving it to the new system. (see this link) I don't know how that will change with New 3DS due to microSD, and again I don't know how having multiple SD cards will affect the process.

thank you!
I'm not that interested in keeping the save data for my DD retail games, so that would not be an issue. I'm completing the few pending before this transfer, so...I care more about my eshop SD card, so I'll use it for the data transfer.
I'm planning to actually bite this Ambassador New 3DS...

TheMoon

thanks to both of you.

Transfer guide, covers that: http://s1.thcdn.com/design-assets/documents/nintendo/pdf/NINE_Transfer_Guide_3DS_EN_v03_cf.pdf

Chrom

I've got a question and I'm pretty sure you guys know the answer:
Shovel Knight is on sale until the 8th (tomorrow). Does that mean that it'll still be on sale tomorrow or is today (the 7th) the last day to get it cheaper? I can't buy it today and would hate to miss this chance, so I want to make extra sure. Thanks!

Sales always end at 9AM PT unless otherwise stated, so you should have some time on the 8th to purchase Shovel Knight while it's still on sale.

daydream

Banned
Spy Chameleon is a bit rough around the edges (mainly the UI and menus) but I'm very much into the speediness of it which works surprisingly well in juxtaposition with the stealth focus. Easy recommendation. Better soundtrack than, say, Monaco, too (despite being severely more limited - god, Monaco was a huge letdown but I digress).

eShop is the place for this game to get some positive buzz. These kind of smaller, innocuous indie titles fade out of existence on Steam very quickly (since they're easily beaten out by most other indie games in terms of scale, marketing, etc.).

tolkir

Spy Chameleon is a very good little puzzle game. Must have if you're a puzzle lover.
Maybe it can be a little easy for experts but it doesn't get old, it includes new obstacles each few stages.

zlCfzS2pW-gvkes2vt

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Just read on GoNintendo that several more VC titles can now be purchased directly from Nintendo.com. Is that true?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Thanks, astrogamer.

And...third parties! It's not just first party VC titles being available for download, but third parties as well. They're the first non-Nintendo titles to be available on Nintendo.com.

Meanwhile...

http://www.nintendonuggets.com/?p=1359

Deserving a new thread?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh cool, 3rd party VC titles now available. Hopefully this is the closest thing to gifting games to others. Buy a digital copy, then give the code to someone. Seems to mainly be Capcom & Konami (well Mega Man & Castlevania) at the moment. I wonder if this means other games will eventually be available as well.

Sales always end at 9AM PT unless otherwise stated, so you should have some time on the 8th to purchase Shovel Knight while it's still on sale.
Thank you! Hope I manage to scrounge the credit on time before the sale ends! Really looking forward to playing the game too.

maxcriden

Ooh, guys, this eShop online business is so rad. Let's all buy each other some games!

Thank you! Hope I manage to scrounge the credit on time before the sale ends! Really looking forward to playing the game too.

Sent you a PM for if you need to borrow some eShop funds to get the SK sale price.

maxcriden

What's a good RPG on Wii U Virtual Console? Not Golden Sun. Beaten that way too much!

First person named maxcriden to quote me gets a club Nintendo game of their choice.

You're too kind, TTH :) If it's okay I'll take you up on that when they switch the rewards on 1/20 ;) Thanks man.

RPG on VC--what's your interest level in stuff like:

Child of Light (eShop) (I'm waiting for a sale personally)
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga GBA (one of my faves, I'll be shocked if you haven't played it though)
Fire Emblem GBA
Earthbound SNES
Breath of Fire II

You're too kind, TTH :) If it's okay I'll take you up on that when they switch the rewards on 1/20 ;) Thanks man.

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga GBA (one of my faves, I'll be shocked if you haven't played it though)
Fire Emblem GBA
Earthbound SNES
Breath of Fire II

Dang. Beaten all of those except child of light. Waiting for a sale too :D

omg_mjd

Almost got Shovel Knight during the Steam sale but got the 3DS version instead since it was also on sale. Glad I did--the 3D effect is subtle but sweet and the bottom screen for inventory management is useful and convenient. I'll likely double (or triple) dip at some point but I'm glad I'm experiencing the game for the first time on the 3DS.

I wish I did the opposite for 1001 Spikes though and gotten the PC version instead. As much as I enjoy playing it on the 3DS, the janky scrolling glitch is distracting. The game is still worth it but it seems like such an elementary issue that should've been fixed long ago.

Sent you a PM for if you need to borrow some eShop funds to get the SK sale price.
Saw that (and replied)! Thanks a whole bunch for the offer but there's no need, I already bought it! Really looking forward to playing the game. Max, coolest of Nabbits, there's awesome times ahead and I can feel them coming. Can you hear them as well? They're marching in like giants on pogo sticks!!!

What's a good RPG on Wii U Virtual Console? Not Golden Sun. Beaten that way too much!
Leaving aside the ones maxcriden mentioned (and you've already beaten), and the obvious ones like Zelda 1, 2, 3 and Minish Cap leaves us with these:

Gargoyle's Quest 2 has a lot of RPG elements, like an overworld map, towns, NPCs and even a sort of leveling up, and it's great. Harvest Moon isn't really what I'd call an RPG but a lot of people consider it one and it's a good game. Mystical Ninja also has a lot of action-RPG stuff mixed with platforming and is one of my favorite games ever, so check it out if you haven't. I haven't played Mega Man Battle Network but I know a lot of people like it. I'm interested in Pier Solar even if I hear it has some flaws, maybe check out a few videos and see if it grabs your attention. Breath of Fire 1 and Battle Network 2 & 3 (both among the best in the series, supposedly) are coming out soon, so maybe wait for that.

If you're willing to play on Wii mode there's a whole lot more great stuff to choose from. Do you want some recommendations for that or are you set for now?

Ladekabel

Fire Emblem GBA
Earthbound SNES
Breath of Fire II

Dang. Beaten all of those except child of light. Waiting for a sale too :D

Wasn't there an Ubisoft-sale that ended last week that had Child of Light for less than a fiver? Or was that not in the US?

Just started Scram Kitty. Seems pretty good in the first five levels though I must get used to it a little bit more. How many stages are there?

Does anyone know how much Citizens of Earth is going to cost?

L~A

NA! Not much this week...

Nintendo eShop on Wii U
CHARIOT - Guide a chariot containing the King's remains through underground caves using physics-based mechanics such as pushing, pulling, riding and swinging. Alone or with a friend, lead the brave Princess and her faithful Fiancé into the royal catacombs to find a resting place for the King.

Virtual Console on Wii U
MEGA MAN BATTLE NETWORK 2 - Lan and his NetNavi MegaMan.EXE return in this second chapter of the Battle Network universe. Purchase supplies and exchange information in local NetSquares, battle an assortment of enemy viruses in real time and collect Battle Chips as rewards to equip new abilities. Get ready for a new adventure in cyberspace as you stop this latest virus from spreading.

Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS
Adventures of Lolo - After the love of his life is kidnapped by the devilish King Egger and taken to his haunted castle, our hero Lolo sets out to rescue her. Lolo can move blocks to trap enemies, clear a path or use as a shield. He can also activate the Magic Shot that will turn enemies into eggs. Combining clever environmental puzzles with tricky enemies and an engaging style, Adventures of Lolo is a true NES classic.

Nintendo eShop Sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U
Wooden Sen'Sey, Puddle and more fun games from Neko Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 22.
Cubemen 2 is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 22.
Abyss, 99Moves and more from EnjoyUp Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 29.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is 25 percent off (reduced from $19.99 to $14.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 22.
4 Elements, Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst and more from Tulip Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 2.
Van Helsing Sniper Zx100 is more than 80 percent off (reduced from $6.66 to $0.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 29.

Also new this week:
Maze (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Wipeout 3 (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Best of Solitaire (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Painting Workshop (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

Top Bottom