• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2015

donny2112

An extra MH4U demo code to giveaway. :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an eShop MH4U demo code. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=962641.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (donny2112, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

x0NgVuQ.png
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Club Early Access Demo (eshop) -- MB-D2754FE2615590D7 - Taken by depths20XX. 1 entrants total.

t1422550266z1.png

Experien

How much of a Metroidvania is TMNT Danger of the Ooze? Is it more linear like Monster Tale or more open?

It is the TV show in the form of Metroid. Shruikens = missiles, Pizza Boxes = E tanks (that you have to manually use), power-ups to get, ALL of the voice actors from the show. Go anywhere you like if you can get there. Each turtle plays slight differently and when one dies, they are put in a "random" spot in the map and you have to go save them to get them back. Light leveling up system that power ups your attacks.

terrisus

It is the TV show in the form of Metroid. Shruikens = missiles, Pizza Boxes = E tanks (that you have to manually use), power-ups to get, ALL of the voice actors from the show. Go anywhere you like if you can get there. Each turtle plays slight differently and when one dies, they are put in a "random" spot in the map and you have to go save them to get them back. Light leveling up system that power ups your attacks.

*From the modern version of the show

Man are those designs horrible =(

Timeaisis

Metroid Prime Trilogy should get an OT. There's a crapton of people that skipped out on it when it came out, myself included. It won't. But it should.

Timeaisis

Hooray! I was hoping that was the case. I'll be wanting to discuss it when i get around to playing it tomorrow.

I never played Metroid Prime 3. I know, right?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Trying to decide if I want Metroid. I mean I want Metroid. Yet I'm trying to reign in some of my edge cases to not spend as much on gaming, and I've beaten all 3 games before.

There is soooooo much shit coming in Feb though to spend money on gaming wise.

It is a magnitude less than the first two, but that's not entirely fair since it has to be compared to two of the best games ever made.

I don't even think of it as a lesser game, it's just different.

I'd admit that it is a bit less "Metroid" in tone than the first two, it went for a more.....AAA/ Space Opera -feel ....but honestly: I think it was a fitting conclusion overall.

The GFS Valhalla is one of the best levels in the entire Metroid-series.

Experien

*From the modern version of the show

Man are those designs horrible =(

The new modern, Nick show is the only show to me now. It trumps the original in so many ways. Funny, dark, super great action, good stories, and so many nods to the original series (not to mention the sweet title screen). They are doing it right and I couldn't be happier.

Game takes place towards the end of Season 2. If you aren't caught up or watched a single episode, there are a few minor spoilers from the dialogue. The game is set up like an episode and actually has a high quality intro video.

Plus the original series doesn't have Ice Cream Kitty which is a loss in my book.

terrisus

The new modern, Nick show is the only show to me now. It trumps the original in so many ways. Funny, dark, super great action, good stories, and so many nods to the original series (not to mention the sweet title screen). They are doing it right and I couldn't be happier.

Ugh.

NOcpzPK.jpg

1987 > 1984 > Let's just pretend the rest never happened :þ

Timeaisis

Don't know which Metroid Prime to start with. Have played 1 and 2, not 3. But kind of thinking on starting them from the beginning, but good lord who has the time?

ohlawd

Don't know which Metroid Prime to start with. Have played 1 and 2, not 3. But kind of thinking on starting them from the beginning, but good lord who has the time?

if you don't have time, go straight to 3.

it hasn't even been half a year since I played MPT and I feel like doing it again. Fuck my backlog. I can sacrifice a week to finish all 3.

Experien

Ugh.

NOcpzPK.jpg

1987 > 1984 > Let's just pretend the rest never happened :þ

I loved 1987 TMNT (not sure why you posted faked-colored 1984 Turtles, but that is neither here nor there) but then I actually watched the new series and not just tiny clips or a trailer online. I didn't write it off and lo and behold I saw the light of how great it is.

BTW, forgot the decent 2007 movie. But you got your mindset so...don't get the game. I played and loved it. It scratched my Turtle itch and is the best TMNT game to date (though that isn't too hard).

also

Banned
Yeah, which is why there's an upgrade fee. (Not at you.) The Wii U VC game takes added coding over the Wii VC game. They are not the same thing. You're paying an upgrade fee for save states, Miiverse, and whatever debugging they had to do. *ahem* People seem to often not realize that the Wii U/3DS VC games (save 3DS GBA ones) are not basically ROM dumps like they were on Wii, so they're not interchangeable.
You have to pay to upgrade each game separately but I seriously doubt that a significant amount of coding goes into each and every release. My uninformed and totally speculative opinion is that VC basically becomes ROM dumping once you set up the emulators. Just look at the ROM injection method for 3DS; if they had to majorly change the emulation for each game it wouldn't be possible (it would also be incredibly inefficient and a result of a poorly made emulator). Of course we'll never know for sure because Nintendo doesn't seem to want to detail the process.
Also, save states (and button remapping) should have been a thing on Wii. Having to pay for them just makes Nintendo seem greedy. Miiverse is a system wide feature and, afaik, is really easy to implement, so it's not something that justifies the upgrade fee.

You have to pay to upgrade each game separately but I seriously doubt that a significant amount of coding goes into each and every release. My uninformed and totally speculative opinion is that VC basically becomes ROM dumping once you set up the emulators. Just look at the ROM injection method for 3DS; if they had to majorly change the emulation for each game it wouldn't be possible (it would also be incredibly inefficient and a result of a poorly made emulator). Of course we'll never know for sure because Nintendo doesn't seem to want to detail the process.
Also, save states (and button remapping) should have been a thing on Wii. Having to pay for them just makes Nintendo seem greedy. Miiverse is a system wide feature and, afaik, is really easy to implement, so it's not something that justifies the upgrade fee.

Don't forget the digital manual!

terrisus

I loved 1987 TMNT (not sure why you posted faked-colored 1984 Turtles, but that is neither here nor there) but then I actually watched the new series and not just tiny clips or a trailer online. I didn't write it off and lo and behold I saw the light of how great it is.

BTW, forgot the decent 2007 movie. But you got your mindset so...don't get the game. I played and loved it. It scratched my Turtle itch and is the best TMNT game to date (though that isn't too hard).

Ah, that was just an image I found online of the set of them, I didn't compile it or anything :þ

But, yeah, with the new series, I'm sorry, I just can't get over how unappealing they look. Especially their heads just seem so out-of-proportion compared to 1987.

BooJoh

That's from 1-1.

Mother of god.

Yeah, I'm out. I love Renegade Kid but I couldn't even finish Mutant Mudds 1. I'll wait and see how Mutand Mudds 2 looks, since Super Challenge is described by Jools as an extra-challenging game for those who've mastered the first one.

TheMoon

Yeah, I'm out. I love Renegade Kid but I couldn't even finish Mutant Mudds 1. I'll wait and see how Mutand Mudds 2 looks, since Super Challenge is described by Jools as an extra-challenging game for those who've mastered the first one.

Same here. I love Mudds conceptually but I just don't enjoy playing it very much.

SerTapTap

Just got Warioware DIY, now much am I missing out on since WiFi Connection is dead? It was only $7 and I love WarioWare so I'm okay with buying a piece of a game, curious though

Also, finally got club Nintendo platinum...for the last time :( think that's 3 or 4 years in a row

also

Banned
Don't forget the digital manual!
I can' believe I forgot about that super-special-mega-awesome feature. I'm sorry I dared question Nintendo's upgrade policy; the fee is totally justified. In fact, if anything, it's too low!

On a more serious note, why can't NES and SNES games have ''scanned'' manuals like the GBA games do?
Because M2 only did the GBA games.
The standard manuals all look so boring and cheap compared to the real thing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just got Warioware DIY, now much am I missing out on since WiFi Connection is dead? It was only $7 and I love WarioWare so I'm okay with buying a piece of a game, curious though
I THINK you just can't download minigames that others had put online or upload them for others. You might be able to still do it via local wireless, though.

Any word yet on what's up for Wii U VC tomorrow? Hoping to finally upgrade my copy of Axelay. Same for Gradius III, beyond rediculous that's not up yet either.

Being unable to download other people's games means you'll have more room for your own (running out of room was my major problem with the game...)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Any word yet on what's up for Wii U VC tomorrow? Hoping to finally upgrade my copy of Axelay. Same for Gradius III, beyond rediculous that's not up yet either.
Shadow of the Ninja for NES is coming to both 3DS & Wii U tomorrow. That seems to be it as far as we know.

maxcriden

Same here. My wife was able to complete it but I had a really hard time with it for some reason. The jumping never clicked for me and I always found the disappearing platforms difficult to time.

Over here in Kirby and Max's Dream Land:

Top Bottom